Status: So I am going to try rewriting some of the chapters, because I'm not really happy with them. Hope to begin posting again soon.

I Think You Could Do Much Better Than Me

Chapter Five:

I stopped at James’ house after school. I knocked on the door and waited patiently. James opened the door and smiled at me.

“Hey little flower,” He greeted laughing and hugging me.

“What’s up, Jamie?” I said hugging him back.

He pulled away from the hug and ruffled my hair. “Well apparently I have company and we’re going to do something fun.”

I giggled. “Yeah, I stopped by to see if you wanted to go get something to eat and hang for a while.”

“Ooh, a date,” He said as I wrinkled my nose at him, “I’m down. I just need to well… put on some pants.”

I laughed at James who scurried out of his open doorway in his boxers to his bedroom to get some pants.

**

After going out to a restaurant with James, we went to the mall. I got some band merch from Hot Topic, a new nose ring, and new gauges. James just tagged along during my shopping and kept me company.

While walking passed a hair salon James said, “Hey dude, you should dye your hair again.”

“Last time I dyed my hair it came out white instead of blonde, so I don’t think so,” I laughed.

“But this time don’t dye it blonde; dye it like a maroon color,” James said.

“So like a dark red?” I asked.

He replied, “Yeah, I think it would look really good on you.”

“I’ll think about it, James.”

**

I parted ways with James after shopping. I decided to go take a walk on the boardwalk alone. Even though there were a lot of people that were out on the boardwalk, it was comforting walking along the boardwalk and looking out into the water.

I bought a drink from one of the vendors on the boardwalk and then walked along the railing of the walkway. I stared at how the water and sky met while walking. The moon’s reflection was illuminated on the tides of the ocean. It was gorgeous. I got lost in my thoughts while walking along and I wasn’t really paying attention until I bumped into someone accidentally dumped my drink onto them.

“Oh shit, dude! I’m sorry!” I apologized. The guy who I had spilled my drink on turned around and I stopped apologizing.

“Oh, it’s the girl that hit me a few days ago,” He smirked at me.

I blushed. “You should have been watching what you were doing.”

“My head still hurts from that,” He said with a pained expression as his hand automatically went to the back of his head.

I giggled a bit and got some napkins from a nearby vendor for the boy I had spilled my drink on. I helped him dry his shirt some.

“Thanks,” he told me, “You know you aren’t as mean as everyone makes you out to be.”

I gave a chuckle without humor. “That’s because people don’t take the time to get to know me. I guess I can’t blame them though. If I heard the stuff they go around saying about me, I wouldn’t want to get to know me.”

“Well I’ve heard things they’ve said about you and I’m curious to know about you,” He gave a smile.

I laughed again, this time with a hint of amusement. “I doubt that very seriously.”

“How can you doubt what I say if you know nothing about me?” He countered.

“You’re right,” I said with realization. I knew nothing about him. “I don’t even know your name.”

“I’m Ryan,” he smiled sticking his hand out.

“Rose,” I said shaking his hand and laughing.

“What?” he asked curiously.

“You’re just so… formal,” I answered looking up at the tall, dark haired boy.

“Is there something wrong with being formal?” He asked cocking his head at me.

“Nothing,” I told him, “It just reminds me of my mom since she’s a business person.”

“So you have something against formal business people?” He laughed.

“I don’t, okay,” I defended.

“Sure, sure,” he laughed more. He looked down at me and furrowed his brow. “How tall are you?”

His question kind of threw me off. “Um, I don’t know. 5’0” I think, why?”

“You’re just so short that I have to look down to see you,” He stated.

I rolled my eyes, “Maybe you’re just a fucking giant.”

“I’m 5’10”, so I guess I’m pretty tall.”

“Also known as a giant,” I mumbled.

He chuckled at my response and looked down at me. At the same time, I looked up at him and our eyes met. Something weird happened as I stared into his brown orbs. My heart beat increased. Ryan’s smile faded and his face turned into an awed expression. I looked away quickly and blushed.

“Your eyes are so beautiful,” he said in awe.

I glanced back at Ryan, meeting his eyes again. “Your eyes are pretty amazing too,” I complimented.

“But your eyes…,” He trailed off, bringing his hands up to touch my face, but then dropping them when he realized what he was doing, “Your eyes remind me of the ocean.”

I blushed more and dropped my gaze to the boardwalk. My wavy, brown hair hid my face some. “Um, thanks,” I said unsurely. He groaned and I looked up at him.

“What?” I asked.

“I was supposed to meet Dayln like 20 minutes ago. That’s why I’m here.”

“Oh, I’m sorry for holding you up,” I apologized.

“It’s fine,” he said. “I’ll catch you later, Rose.”

“See you later, Ryan.”

With that he went off in the direction that he was originally headed in and the direction that I assumed Dayln was in. I was left on the boardwalk alone again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided to post another chapter idk. I like this chapter.