"Baby, My Name's Alex."

"Just a no-good, two-bit, filthy, rotten criminal"

Liz was downstairs when I woke up. So much had happened last night. I can't believe I opened up about my brother that much to her. I rolled so I was laying on my back. I stared at the ceiling and though about how we both cried, laughed, the few kisses we shared and the promises we made. 

I heard her coming upstairs and smelled some food. I moved back to where I was originally laying and pretended I was still asleep. 

"Alexander... Wake up." she whispered gently as she climbed onto me. "Come on baby I have breakfast ready." she rubbed my arm and I put my arm around her and pulled her close. She laughed and screamed a little.
"Good morning Elizabeth." I said.
"Good morning Alexander." she smiled. God I loved it when that girl smiled. I sat up still holding her in my arms and looked at the meal she made. It was more like a feast instead of a meal. 
"How are you feeling today?" I asked her as I reached for some bacon.
"Good so far. Why?"
"Just making sure."

I had told Liz last night that I was happy I had found her before she had cut too deep. It was true. I learned from my mistakes with my brother. I would make sure Liz was okay, no matter how hard it would be. One of our discussions the night before was how Liz had been diagnosed with depression in high school after her mom left and the whole Kyle thing happened. 

We finished eating and I brought the dishes downstairs and washed them. When I was close to finishing, I felt Liz hug me from behind. I smiled and swayed a little. 

"Zack called you. He said he wants us to come over to hang out with every one." she said and sounded so relaxed.
"Only if you want to." I said as I turned to see her beautiful face.
"Sure. I've been trapped in this house for too long." she smiled. She had started saying more but I got lost in her eyes. Cliche I know but her blue eyes so deep. It was insane how in love with this girl I was.
She had stopped talking.
"What?" was all I could say without smiling.
"You didn't hear a thing I just said did you?" she tried to give me a dirty look. I smiled and shook my head no and leaned down to kiss her when she smiled.
"I love you." I said and pressed my lips against hers.
"I love you too Alex. Now go get ready. You take longer than I do." she laughed.
"Not true."
"So true." she poked my chest playfully then walked away. She was amazing.

------------------------
A few hours later we were at Zack's house and there were so many of our friends there. A lot of them I hadn't seen since high school. I also had lost count of how many drinks I had. 

One kid I used to hate in high school showed up and came up to me when I was holding Liz and was about to kiss her.

"Hey man! How've you been?!" Tony said as he put his hand up for a high five.
"Tony. Long time no see." I rejected the high five.
"Who's this? The new Lisa for right now?" he laughed a little.
"No this is Liz. My fiancé."
"Fiancé? Didn't you mess up the first  engagement with Lisa?" he said. My hands turned into fist as I saw Liz out of the corner of my eye walking away. 
"Thanks for that man. Now she hates me." I walked away before unheard his stupid response. I followed after her and yelled her name a few times but she kept walking. 

"Don't bother Alex. I'm done. I'm sick of that." she finally said as she stopped and turned to face me.
"Sick of what?" 
"All the Lisa shit. You didn't tell me you were engaged to her! God only knows what else you didn't tell me."
"There's nothing else. I swear to you."
"I'm getting sick of your empty promises. I'm going home for a little bit." she sighed and pushed her hair out of her face.

Wait what? Why?! She couldn't do that to me. What was so bad about not telling her everything about Lisa? It's not like it her business. I didn't know everything about her. That did drive me insane but I'm over it. She couldn't leave. I wouldn't let her.

"Liz. Listen to yourself. That is not a good reason to leave me."
"Excuse me?" she sounded pissed. "I can leave you whenever I decide. You don't own me Alex." she said with anger and pain.
"I don't care if I own you or not. You're not leaving me." I walked towards her and tried to innocently hug her.
"You're drunk, Alex. Let go if me. Stop! Leave me alone!" she wiggled. 
"Just stop Liz." I held on tighter and heard someone yell from behind us I think it was Zack but in my drunken state I wasn't sure. 
"Alex, please just let go." I hadn't noticed she had started crying. I held her until Zack pulled me away from her.

"Dude did you not see her crying?" he asked angrily. I looked at Liz as she held her stomach.
"Liz, I'm sorry."
"I... Can't... Breathe" she barely uttered out. Zack helped her sit down. 
"How tight we're you holding her jackass?!"
"Not that tight! She's over reacting!" I defended myself. 
"Alex just walk away." Zack said. I saw that everyone who was at Zack's had come outside. 
"I'll bring her home. Jack will come with us. I promise I won't hurt her." I pleaded. Zack looked at Liz, then Jack, then me. Jack must of nodded or something because Zack picked up Liz and carried her to my car. 
"Jack is driving. You're way too shut faced dude." he said still angry.
"I'm fine but whatever."
"You always take things too far Alex. You need to relax." he shook his head and walked away.

Jack pulled up to my place and carried Liz inside. She was still crying. The worst sound in the world was hearing her cry. Especially when you knew it was because of you. I was sitting on the couch staring at the tv even though it wasn't on. I was listening to Jack trying to calm her down. 

He came down a little later. He looked rough and I knew why. Seeing him with wet spots on his shoulders from her crying got me pissed. The love of my life was being comforted by someone else. 

"She's really shaken up bro. And she said she's leaving in the morning." he sighed.
"Well you two are just great friends now huh?" I said with obvious sarcasm. 
"We always have been... What's up with you?" he asked.
"Oh nothing. The dude I thought was my best friend was just upstairs with my girlfriend comforting her. That's my job." 
"Is it also your job to make her cry her eyes out? Because you did a fantastic job for that."
"Just leave." I pointed to the door.
"No dude. Zack told me to stay here until you sobered up."
"Sweet well I'm sober. Now leave."
"You'll hurt her." he said quietly. I looked at the ground and sighed. "she doesn't know about that does she?" Jack asked.
"No and I'm trying to keep it that way." I pushed my hair out of my face and sighed. "I cant lose her Jack. I love her." I sat down and stated at the wall.
"Then go calmly talk to her." he said. "I'll be down here if you need me."
"Alright thanks." I got up and slowly walked up to her, stair by stair. I felt really nervous. I knocked on the door.

"Liz? Can I come in?" I asked as gently as I could.
"No." she responded with no emotion.
"Please? C'mon."
"No. Go away."
"Elizabeth let me in." I knew if she called me Alexander then she was starting to calm down.
"Alex just leave me alone." she sounded like she was crying again. 
"Liz we both just had a little too much to drink tonight and said things we didn't mean."
"Alex I meant every word. I'm going home in the morning." I sighed because I realized there was no more fighting with her. 

"But I love you." I started tearing up. "I love your eyes, your smile, how you sneeze in your sleep, how your hair is always perfect even when you try to make it messy, how you can tell me if you like a song or not just by the look on your face, the way you feel in my arms, the talks we have, how just seeing you makes me smile. I love that you dance around when you're getting ready, that you sing in the shower, I love that you make faces at me when you think I'm not looking, how you take tons of pictures of me, and how honest you are. I love how you love being yourself around me. Liz I love you more than I have ever loved anyone in my life. Even Jack." I heard her laugh a little when Jack yelled up at me. The door slowly opened and I saw Liz with tears in her eyes smiling a little until she saw my face.

"I'm still leaving." she whispered. My heart sank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys wanna guess what happens next? Comment and let me know!

Love & rockets,
Liz