"Baby, My Name's Alex."

"You know I'm never gonna wanna let you go."

Alex

tonight was the night. Liz and I had been talking for about two months now but we hadn't made it official that we were dating. Jack was helping me figure out what to say.

"dude, you guys have gotten really close lately. just say that then ask her to be your girlfriend. don't ask her to move yet." he said. after asking her to be my girlfriend, I had planned on asking Liz to move to Baltimore with me.

"Jack, she just started her new job. I can't ask her to give up her dream job this early. it would kill her." I knew how much truth was in those words as I said them. she would hate me if I made her leave.

"bring it up to her and if she says no, then so be it. you guys will be long distance."

"fine. but it's getting late. I have to get her from the airport." I left my house and drove to get her.

it was the longest drive of my life. so many things ran through my mind. what if she said no to being my girlfriend? what if she didn't like long distance relationships? what if she moved on?
I hadn't seen Liz in about two weeks. she stayed in Boston when I came home to Baltimore. she was visiting for this weekend. I was a nervous wreck.

I walked to where she told me to pick her up and waited for her. I saw her before she saw me. she had cut her hair so her bangs covered her forehead. she wore tall boots that made her legs look even skinnier than they already did. her make up was done perfectly. she looked exactly like I pictured she would.

"Alex!" she yelled as she ran over to me. I hugged her so tight I thought she would snap. "I missed you!" she said out of breath.
"I missed you too. you look amazing!" I had to tell her. "come on, the car's over here." I carried some of her stuff as we talked about our lives since we last saw each other.

"not much has changed with me I guess except my hair." she smiled as she dramatically ran her hands through her hair.
"I love it. it's perfect for you. did you get the flowers for your birthday?"
"yes! they were beautiful. thank you." she smiled even brighter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

we were sitting at my dining room table. I had made a pretty good looking dinner. it was liz's favorite. steak, potatoes, and green beans. she was a pretty simple girl.

"Liz, I've said it a million times but you really do look beautiful."
"thanks for the millionth time." she smiled as she finished eating. "this dinner was awesome." i was caught up in her smile.
"would you like to dance with me?"
"dance with you?" she laughed a little in disbelief. "sure..." I stood up and took her hand. I led her to the living room and hit play so music would start and started dancing with her. she was quiet for a few minutes and put her head on my shoulder.

I waited a little longer then finally got the guts.
"Liz, can I ask you something?"
♠ ♠ ♠
cliff hangerr!
not sure what Liz is gonna say yet!