Status: In Progress

Chosen

Shadows.

Taking a deep shallow breath I looked up. The sky was cloudy and opaque. Wind blow freely as my hair swirled wildly. I wish I could fly, I thought to myself secretly. Maybe flying can help me escape, to go to a new place no one but God would know. I could be free and not have to answer by anyone or anything thing. I would find a small cottage with a lake and a huge lawn in the back. My life would fall into place and I could finally be happy enough to know I am all alone.

I shook my head as I looked forward. “Yeah…” I mumbled to myself, “keep dreaming.”

I started to walk out of the quite park. I had no attention on going home, if I were to even call it that. I just had enough seeing the shifting trees and the smiles on kids’ faces. I envied them. I wish their happiness reflected on me so then I can feel some sort of joy. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. I walked on.

As I walked along the path that led me to the entrance of the park, I stopped. A dark shadow shifted along my line of vision. I watched it move past me as it disappeared. “What?” I murmured. “What the hell?”

I tuned around. Walking down a few steps, I fixed my eyes to the ground. Maybe I’m seeing things… I thought to myself… maybe I am hallucinating.

I walking more into the park again to find what I knew was nothing but my imagination, without realizing it I walked into someone. My face was buried into a black and white flannel. I look up. The man’s eyes as blue as the ocean, looked into mine. I blushed. “I’m so sorry,” I said softly.

“I...ummm...I’m...” I moved back quickly.

“It’s ok” he said, his voice was husky and deep. He shifted his weight as he turned around. “Beautiful day out isn’t it?”

I looked at his direction. But there were only trees swaying and the lake nearby, the water moved restlessly. I looked back at him, he turned to face me. I frowned. “To be honest I wished the sun was out.”

He smiled as he shook his head. “I know, one piece of the puzzle missing today.”
I looked at him. He is such an odd fellow, I thought to myself. He ran his fingers though his dark brown hair, it shined. I wonder if his hair is soft. I shook my head. What am I thinking? “I’m Kara” I said as I put my hand out.

He gently takes it as shakes my hand. “I am Jake.” He smiled. “Nice to meet you, um… mind me asking, what are you looking for?”

I looked at him. “Huh?”

He frowned, his eyes where curious and filled with wonder. “Oh, you were so fixed onto the ground it looked like you lost something,”

Oh, I thought, that. I looked into the trees. Maybe the dark figure was just my imagination. I blinked looking at him trying to forget everything. “I… ummm… yeah” I looked away embarrassed. He is just too cute to lie to.

“I can help you,” Jake offered. “Well, if you want me to.” He looked at me is eyes inviting, he shifted his body closer to mine. He was built strong and his voice soft was soft and calming.
Melting into his eyes I caved. “Sure…” I looked at him feeling guilty. “But I highly doubt we’ll find it.”

Jake shook his head. “With us both looking for it, I think we can” He started looking for something. “yeah… so what are we looking for?” I shook my head and laughed. Not the shadow….