Lily Baby.

Chapter 4

It was really hot that afternoon, so Donna and I sat on the porch and watched Gerard and Lily run around in the sprinkler. Gee was wearing his swimming trunks and a band tee and Lily wore a purple summer dress her mother had bought for her. They were both soaking wet. Lily kept shrieking whenever Gerard splashed her. I had helped them dig out those Super soaker things that everyone had when we were kids.

I sat there digging into my jam and observing.

“So,” Donna said, “You’re Lily’s favourite friend?”

I turned to look at her curiously, “Mmm… I guess I am.”

“What did you do to achieve that honour?” she laughed.

“I don’t know. I let her sit on me…”

“Right… that’s nice,” Donna said, smirking, “But really Frankie, I do think you are a bit taken with her…”

“Me? Donna, no…” I said, defensively, “Seriously… as if Lily would understand… that…”

“Exactly, she wouldn’t understand, which is why I am telling you now Frankie, please do not get attached to Lily, she’s not… right,” Donna sighed, “You and her could never have a normal relationship.”

“I know, Donna- I never said that was what I wanted, I’m not about to take advantage of her or anything. Trust me.”

She shook her head, “Can you do something for me Frankie?”

“Sure,” I nodded.

“Look after Lily, she’s my daughter, and she is just so fragile,” Donna shifted in her seat, “Seriously, children can be so cruel.”

I nodded; I knew exactly what she meant. The kids in my school are just ignorant. Throwing around stereotypes or whatever at anyone who is different. It annoys me so much, but I won’t ever be able to change them. I can’t protect Lily from it.

But I swear, I will try.

Lily screamed as Gerard turned the hose on her and ran towards us.

“Save me!” she yelled at me, so, since I have finished my jam, I got up and ran at Gee, tackling him to the ground. Lily applauded and sneakily grabbed the hose from Gee’s hands, turning onto us as we sprawled on the floor.

She giggled hysterically as she watched us getting drenched. My mom would not be pleased when I come home soaking.

“Lily must die!” Gee yelled, running at his sister and throwing her on his back and spinning around. I know how that feels- Gee does it to me all the time just because I’m really short and stuff. Damn him and his abnormal height.

So I got up and ran at them- I was sort of scared that Lily would throw up because the first couple of times Gee did it to me I blew chunks all over his front lawn.

His mom definitely didn’t appreciate it. I got grounded for a week because my puke hit Donna’s favourite garden gnome. Who has a favourite garden gnome anyway?
Donna. That’s who.

Her hair kept whipping my face as they span around which really pissed me off because my eyes started to sting and I was confused and all disorientated.

Gerard put Lily down and then moved on to me. Damn.

“Gerard! NOOOO!” I squealed, “Put me down, dammit!”

“Ha, ugh, no.” he said. I kicked at his stupid back as Lily watched in amusement.

“I hate you Gerard!” I screamed as he finally put me down after my screams started to annoy him.

“Fine, I hate you too, you just won’t get anymore jam…”

I looked at him in shock, “You wouldn’t…”

“Wouldn’t I?” he said, slyly.

I jumped on him and engulfed him in a bone crushing hug, “Best friend!

“That’s what I though,” he said, happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its short but i wanted to leave you something before i go away.
I love you guys, comment please.
I can't update for a week- im gonna be skiing in Italy.
Be jealous, babes.
so this is probably my last update... i dunno.
Comment?