Status: Coming Soon <3

Turn the Clock

C h a p t e r 5 ;

A few hours later, we slowly departed from the park and headed towards a local ice cream parlour. I held Annie’s soft, fragile hand in mine, caressing softly as we made quietly walked through the doors and into the cool building. I led her up towards the front, where the ice cream was all placed out in front of us, different colour and flavours. I watched as her eyes scanned over the mixtures, the look on her face showed she was stuck on what to choose. I’d been here a few times before and always had the same, that streak isn’t going to end now.

“Hey there, what can I get y’all?” the young blonde girl spoke from behind the counter.

“Can I get a mint choc chip cone and a-?” I started before looking at Annie to finish the order.

“I’ll have the mint choc chip too, please” she smiled softly.

“Okay, two mint choc chip cones. That’ll be $4 please”

I handed her over five dollars, telling her to keep the change before Annie and I walked over to a table beside the window.

“I haven’t been here in a while” I breathed, staring aimlessly out the window, watching the world go swiftly by.

“Neither have I, it’s depressing really. Missing out on the amazing ice cream” Annie laughed slightly. Her eyes momentarily filled with that little flicker of light. I missed that. I missed us.

“It’s nice to hear you laugh, it seems like years since I last heard you” I smiled lightly at the petite woman sat in front of me.

“You haven’t missed out John, I don’t think I’ve laughed, since, well, I guess since I got sick” she sighed, playing with the ring on her finger.

My chest tightened at her words, I bit my lip softly before moving my hand across the table, placing it gently on hers. She looked up from her hand, meeting my eyes. I smiled softly at her, whom she returned; once again her beautiful green eyes sparkled.

“You’re beautiful” I whispered.

The blush on her cheeks, which had turned from ghost white, to a rose red, she looked adorable.

“Thanks John” she grinned cheekily.

Sitting here, acting like we were reminded me of the days when we had both been madly in love. When nothing mattered but us, we didn’t have a care in the world. We sat in this very parlour discussing our future like all love sick teenagers do, we had planned on getting married, having a baby and living in a huge house. We would have that now if I hadn’t of fucked up, but I’m going to give her that. I’m going to make sure we do it right this time, no more mistakes and heartbreak. This time it’ll be us, and the love that we share.

“Marry me?” I blurted out. So suddenly that even I was shocked by the words that had escaped from my mouth.

Annie

“Marry me?” John blurted out. I was shaken from his sudden outburst.

I had no idea what to say, it had taken me by surprise. Why would he want to marry me? I mean, yeah, the first time failed, due to his stupidity, but I know how sorry he was for that and he’d made it somewhat up to me so far by agreeing to help with my list.

“Do you think that’s best John?” I sighed, moving my hands from underneath his, and instead taking them, clasping them between both of my hand. “I’m dying John, I might not even last the year. I don’t want you to get hurt” I added softly, looking into his eyes which matched with mine perfectly.

“I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t think that was best. No, Annie, you’re getting better I know it! Hurt? The only thing that is hurting me is that you’re being so negative about you illness. Baby, even if you don’t want to marry me, I’ll understand. I’ll still be here with you, every day. I’ll be at all your appointments, holding your hand. I’ll even stay and sleep next to you, so I know that you’re safe, I want to protect you Annie. I want to help you get better; I want to be with you and only you for the rest of our lives. You’re the one for me, no one else could ever compare” he spoke softly, the words all dripping with meaning and honestly.

I had no idea that he had felt so deeply for me, all the commitments he’s willing to make just to be with me. I couldn’t say no to him. Though I didn’t know how I was going to reply to that, I knew one word that could answer it all.

“Yes” I smiled softly, watching his eyes light up like fireworks.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry that i haven't had the chance to update in a while! I've had exam to revise for, so i've had little time to update! -.- But i'm back now until May, when my next lot of exams start again! I know this chapter is pretty shitty, and i'm sorry for that. They will get better. Since my last update I turned 18, yay! :'D Can't say that i remember anything that night! :P Anywho, thank-you for your patience and those who commented!

candycanepirate; xoxo_aj_xoxo & hachie

I really appreciate your comments! They make me smile! :'D <3