Status: Coming Soon <3

Turn the Clock

C h a p t e r 6 ;

We had decided that we wouldn’t mention anything about the engagement to my parents until we both knew they had warmed up to him, though we’d have to wait for dad to return from his business trip, he’s due back this week.

When we had got back from the ice-cream parlour, I had retreated to my bedroom to rest for a while. John had quickly popped out but was expected back within the hour, well so he said before he left which left me sat alone in bed staring into open space. I leant a little across my bed, pulling open the draw next to my bed before pulling out a piece of paper and a pen. I left the draw open as I returned to the sitting position I was in before. I looked down at the piece of paper; it was filled with the simplest things that when they are completed would give me a sense of accomplishment-that I achieved something in my life. I was just grateful for John. Life is too short to hold grudges to things that happened in the past. What happened to me last year, those who had hurt me, I have forgiven John and Eliza even if other people would believe that I am mad to do so. Though they would probably do the same if they were sick like I am, they’d soon realise that life is too short; you have to make the most of what you have while you still can because one day you may not be here. My eyes scanned over the list in front of me, but after a while they became heavy, forgetting about the paper that was in my hand, I moved my body until it was comfortable and shut my eyes being taken over by darkness.

John

When I returned the house was silent, I walked into the kitchen to find a note left by Annie’s mom, Rachel.

John,

Annie is resting upstairs, I’ve been called into work so won’t be back until late. I’ve made dinner for the pair of you, you just need to warm it up in the oven and dish it up onto plates. Please make sure she eats it. Look after my little girl, John.

Rachel


I smiled softly to myself before placing the note back onto the kitchen counter; I turned on my heel before heading up the stairs to check on Annie. I softly opened her bedroom door, being careful not to wake her up from the creaking noise coming from the door hinges. Her small petite body was wrapped up snuggly in the large duvet, I walked softly towards the bed before I sat gently on the empty side, taking my shoes off and crawling under the duvet with her. Her breathing was soft, and her chest rose gently as I put my arm around her waist, pulling her into me. I nestled my face into the back of her neck, her hair smelt of strawberries and vanilla.

“John?” she mumbled, half a sleep.

“Yeah it’s me baby” I muffled.

Her hair tickled my face as she turned her body to face me; she smiled at me before pecking my lips softly.

“It’s been a while since I did that” she sighed, before sitting up.

Was it so bad that I just wanted to see her smile properly again, with the sparkles in her eyes. I just wanted her to be happy, it was hurting me too much to see her in this way. I couldn’t lie to myself for much longer, I know she’s getting weaker and weaker but I refuse to see it, and let it get the best of me. I hate every second of knowing that I could lose her at any moment, it was breaking my heart.

“What’s wrong John?” her soft voice spoke.

I shook my head a little, bringing me out of my trance, Annie was staring at me with a worried expression. It made me feel guilty because I didn’t want her to worry about me, I wanted her to focus on getting herself better.

I smiled softly, before caressing the side of her face.

“Nothing’s wrong darlin’, I was just thinking” I lied.

She was about to reply, but I cut her off short with a soft kiss before I left the warmth of her bed.

“I’m going to go down and warm up our dinner, then you can show me your list and we’ll start tomorrow” I smiled weakly before I left the room once again.

I padded down the wooden stairs in my socks, reaching the bottom I had the urge to skid down the hallway being the big kid I was, I went for it but only resulted in failure when I fell flat on my ass, earning laughter from Annie who had been watching me from the top of the stairs. Her laugh at echoed through the house, and the smile returned to my face. This girl is perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting;

ASinerAndARocker; hachie; candycanepirate;&& xoxo_aj_xoxo

Comment and Subscribe please! Don't be a silent reader! <3