Status: Active

Shake The Trees See What Falls Out Of Them

Five

I smiled at the thought of those different scents. I lied on my bed for a while and let myself sink into it. I let it take me in and I just started thinking. Then I stopped. I thought enough today. I went over to my computer and put on some music. Beirut. I thought to myself.

I went to YouTube and just typed in the word and the amazing band popped up before me. I loved this band. They made me smile. Their lead singer, Zach Condon, was adorable as fuck. It's my dream to just meet him. He for sure is one of my biggest inspirations. I put on “Elephant Gun” and smiled.

I belted out the words at the top of my lungs with my low alto voice. My neighbors could probably hear me. I didn't care. This song was one of my favorites. It was the first song I learned on ukulele.

I would honestly love to get so drunk I couldn't walk and then belt this song at the top of my lungs. It would be so much fun. Although I don't enjoy drinking. I would, totally get drunk just to slur this song with a few close friends. Preferably Joe. He would be fun to sing with completely and utterly intoxicated.

I looked around my room and suddenly I heard a knock on the door, it was my sometimes annoying, but lovable friend Kristiana. I loved that girl.

Kristiana was home schooled, but she didn't act like it. She should be in public school. She knows just about everyone. Her parents think she's a perfect little angel when she's not. She deserves to have what she wants, and that's to be in public school.

She had blonde hair that just spilled out of her scalp with curls. She had eyes like the ocean that looked like some of the ocean had planted it's self in her eyes. She had a few freckles here and there. She was absolutely stunning.

“Hey Lydia!” she said with a huge grin on her face.

“Hey Kristiana.” I smiled back warmly. She came inside and we both went to my bedroom.

“Beirut, eh?” she asked with another famous Kristiana smile.

“Yes!” I said excitedly.

We both loved Beirut. Our dream was to go and see them live someday and meet the members. Zach Condon and his band was also a big inspiration to her. Kristiana plays trumpet very well. She has been playing for about seven years. I wish I could play trumpet, but I can't get my lips to buzz correctly.

One time we covered a Beirut song, it was a very fun time. I'm glad we did it. I mean, my voice isn't as good as Zach Condon's but it worked nicely with the song. I can sing most songs on the same key as him, which is weird because I'm a girl. My voice is just really deep.

“So, anything exciting happen today?” she asked with a smirk.

“Oh... nothing.” I said hiding my face.

“Mm, really? Nothing?” she said skeptically.

“Yeah. Really. Nothing.” I said a little too quickly. Oh God, I was a shitty liar.

“Who is he?”

“What tells you it's a he? Maybe it's just something funny my friend that's a girl did.” I said matter-of-factly.

“How long have I know you?” she asked me.

“Um, since we were born.” I replied.

“Right. Now spill. Who the fuck is he?” she asked me.

“Um. This guy. In my art class.”

“Name?”

“H-h-henry.” I stuttered.

“Ah, and who is this Henry boy?” she asked.

“I just said, a guy in my art class!” I said laughing.

“Oh... right. Well, tell me about him.”

“He's just Henry. He was playing guitar beautifully in my art class today.”

“Ah, I see.”

“Are we clear on that?” I asked.

“Yes,” she said with a smile, “Lydia has a crush!”

“I do not!” I snapped at her.

“Yes you do! Don't even try to deny it!”

“I don't. I swear.” Oh who the hell am I kidding? I do. I just don't want to admit it.

“You do. You're just trying to kid yourself.”

“Ok. Maybe I do.” I said admitting my defeat.

“See, I told you so. Do I know you or what?” she replied with a grin.

I couldn't help but smile back.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys better love me.
I updated.
I was going to delete this story.
I'm not going to now.
But do you guys like the Beirut stuff?
If you don't know who they are go listen to them.
They'll blow your mind and make you fall in love with them for their sexy brass/ukulele/any other instrument imaginable playing. And also Zach Condon's sexy singing.
GO LISTEN TO THEM.