For My Boyfriend's Eyes Only

025.

"Jon...Jon...Jon...wake up."

He lay there eyes closed, mouth slightly open, still deep in sleep while I sat next to him gently nudging him in the arm to wake him up. It wasn't going too well. I never realized until now that Jon was a heavy sleeper and he hadn't even been drinking.

"For god's sake Jon, wake up you lazy ass!"

After ten minutes of being completely unsuccessful, I picked up a cushion from behind me and threw it at him, making it land right in his face. At first, I thought that even that wouldn't wake him up. But he finally stirred and swatted the cushion away from him face with his hand.

"W-what the hell?" he asked sleepily.

"Oh good, you're awake. It's only taken me like, fifteen minutes to wake you." I replied a little bitterly.

Jon rubbed his hand across his eyes. "Oh...sorry."

I crossed my arms over my chest and chewed on my lip, waiting for him to notice that something was wrong. Yeah, it seemed a little pathetic of me, but I'd rather he asked than I told him straight away. Once he'd stopped yawning and stretching, Jon noticed my obvious uncomfortable position.

"Frank, is something wrong?"

I turned to look at him. "It's not wrong exactly...just we've met before."

Jon pulled his eyebrows together. "Huh?"

I sighed and sat so one leg was crossed under the other. "What I mean is, at the hospital the night that...the night Gerard died, you were there. You were with that doctor that night."

He knew I'd finally figured it out. I didn't quite know if that was a good thing or not.

Jon sighed and got up from the couch then wandered over to the window, resting his elbows on the window ledge.

"I thought you wouldn't remember." he mumbled.

"Why would you think that?" I asked. "It probably would've took longer to realize if we weren't in this situation..."

"Look Frankie, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner. But you were so messed up over his death that I decided it was better to keep my mouth shut."

I got up and walked over to him and slid my hands around his waist, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Maybe we should just forget about it." I said against his tee shirt.

He didn't reply. Instead he turned around and made it so that we were hugging properly and more comfortably. I didn't really want to move, but the fact that we were stood right by the window that the whole world could probably see into made us think twice.

***

The next day I went back to my apartment and decided I really needed to clean the place from top to bottom. Call me a pansy if you want, but it was really starting to annoy me.

I donned the rubber gloves and cleaned the kitchen, living room within the space of one hour. How women do this nearly every week I'll never know, my back was starting to ache like mad.

As I was in need of rest, I went and flopped down on my bed. I looked up at the ceiling and all around the room where the fell on the wardrobe. I guess I'd better clear that out as well.

By the time four in the afternoon came around, I was sat in the middle of the room, surrounded by clothes and growing more stressed by the minute as I couldn't fold the stupid clothes back up properly.

It was then that I found a few more clothes that had once belonged to Gerard. A pair of jeans and an old jacket. I got a horrible lump in my throat again that I hadn't felt in a while. I tossed the clothes back into the wardrobe and felt the need to grab them again when I heard an unusual thud.

Clothes don't make that sound right?

I felt around in the jacket for anything that could've been responsible for the noise, but I found nothing. The pair of jeans however, were a different story.

There was a small box in one of the pockets. A really nice looking box too. It made the lump in my throat get bigger the longer I looked at it as I hoped to god it wasn't what I thought it might've been.
♠ ♠ ♠
Take This Heart, It's Ticking Like A Cheap Clock
It's an A7X story so yeah
Read & comment maybe?

As for this story, it's nearly finished.
I'm sorry this chapter's a bit crappy and short but I want to get this one completed so I can concentrate on the others. But look at it this way, at least you're not gonna be waiting god knows how long for another update.
And this sounds like I'm moaning but I just don't get as many comments as I used to, so yeah. Comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
xoxo