Status: *Complete*

The Rebellion of Cora Hart

Solitary Confinement

*Cora's POV*

It's been four days. Four fucking days in solitary confinement. I was going crazy, since I wasn't able to talk to anyone besides myself. And oh, how I must sound, having animated conversations with myself. At least I'm not talking to the damn wall like I was two nights ago.

I was locked in a white room, which was all white. As in [everything was white, from the carpet to the lamp, the the fricking floral print bed sheets. I mean, what the actual fuck. The only times that anything bedsides me going bonkers out of my mind were meal times, and even then I didn't see anything more than a tray being shoved through the metal meal slit in the door. I tried escaping from that tiny opening once, but of course it was locked. And much too small.

The door clanged, and I sighed, knowing it was yet another disgusting microwaveable meal. Not the yummy kind, the cheap, soggy kind that tasted like sewer water mixed with God knows what. I grimaced as the white tray was pushed into my cell, and the smell of wet veggies hit my nose, swirling around in the air amongst the scent of badly cooked meat and gravy. I walked over to it, which wasn't far, since the cells was only five meters by five meters- it barely passed the room mark. It was more like a tiny dog kennel.

I frowned, but sat down crossed legged on the floor, peeling back the plastic opening of the contained, grabbing the plastic fork that lay beside the bottle of luke-warm apple juice. I stabbed a chunk of meat, a sickening squelching noise hitting my ears, and I stuffed the food between my lips, pinching my nose at the same time so I couldn't taste it.

The foot went down with a little resistance from my stomach, but soon enough the whole meal was resting soundly in my stomach, and I put the tray into a chute that was located next to the door. Again, I had tried to escape from that opening, but the angle of the cute and the tiny width didn't allow me to even get me hand through.

"Well, Cora, I suppose it's time to brush your teeth and then to get to bed," I said to myself, smiling glumly. Sleep was my only escape from the room, basically. I was blessed really. Almost every night I had happy dreams, every single one of them involving Jett. in my dreams he was right beside me, holding me and kissing me, and in my sleep we were having the times of our lives.

I don't even know how he's doing.

I brushed my teeth in the sink located in the corner behind a white curtain, which only housed a toilet and a sink. No bath or shower. So adding to my crazy demeanour, I smelled like crap. Weren't there, like, health and safety issues here or something? Clearly not.

I spat and rinsed my mouth, putting my toothbrush back into the little holder by the sink, and slid into my bed. I couldn't control the lights in the room- they went off automatically at eight p.m, not that I knew the time since they didn't even give me a clock.

I lay there for a good fifty minutes before the lights flickered, and then turned off, leaving me alone in darkness and solitude.

Oh, how my life sucks.

I started counting sheep to get to sleep, trying to will myself into dreams of Jett, but there was something stopping me from conking out. It was an erratic and hellishly annoying clinking noise from above me. Okay, now I was officially going nuts, since I swear I just heard someone whisper my name. Good one, Cora. Now you're making up imaginary friends. I need a psychiatrist.

"Cora," the voice whispered again, the tapping intensifying.

"Oh, shut up, Gilbert," I snapped, giving me imaginary buddy a name. Yeah, I'm a lost cause now.

"Who's Gilbert?" the voice asked, confused, but continued. "And my name's not Gilbert, Cora. It's Ryder."

"That is a cruel joke, Gilbert," I sighed, rolling over. There was an exasperated groan, before something clicked, and there was the scraping of metal on metal. I was completely blind in the dark, but could make out a line of bodies slipping down from the air vent on the ceiling, each one swearing as they hit the carpet at odd angles.

"Cora, it's me, Teddy!" a second voice giggled, and I felt someone pulling me from my bed. Uh oh. Now I'm in trouble. My imaginary friends have a physical affect over me.

"Uh huh, that's a good joke, Pocky," I said again, giving the second voice a name.

"Oh my god, you've gone crazy, Cora! What did they do to you?" a female voice added, dripping with worry, but I noticed the little slither of amusement.

"Wait, she probably just can't see us. Luke, you have the torch, right?"

"Yeah, wait, I'm getting it out," a fourth voice chimed, and I frowned. Okay, my imaginary friends were really mean; I already missed my real, human friends, but this was cruel.

Suddenly, there was a flicker of light in the darkness, and I blinked, the light searing my eyes.

I gasped, when I saw my imaginary friends for the first time...

And they were definitely not imaginary.

"Okay, am I dreaming?" I asked airily, and everyone laughed, crushing me into a tight hug. Ryder, Steph, Luke, Teddy and Gabe were there, in my room of solitary confinement. But I don't think that title applies to it right now, considering it was far from lonely.

"What are you guys doing here?" I gasped, eyes wide, almost to the point of popping out of their sockets.

"Getting you out of here, of course," Ryder smirked, grabbing onto my arm. "Gabe, get the other side- we're hoisting her through the vent."

"Yeah, yeah, slave-driver," Gabe muttered, but went onto the other side of me, giving me a reassuring smile that only Gabe could pull off. "Ready, Cora?"

"Um, I guess so," I said simply, and he grinned, hoisting my up into the vent, followed by Steph, Teddy, Luke, and then they both climbed up themselves, since they were both ridiculously tall and strong. I envied them at times.

We were now stuck inside a small vent, each of us on all fours lined up in a row behind one another, kind of reminding of the movie the human centipede. Yeah, creepy film.

"So... do you guys know where we're going?" I asked, and got no reply. "Um, guys?"

"Yeah... we hadn't thought that far ahead," the whispered, and I groaned.

"Really, guys? Really?"

"Sorry! It was kinda a spur of the moment thing," Steph apologised, but then brightened. "What about we give Jett a surprise visit?"

"You guys know where he is?" I asked enthusiastically, and Luke piped up.

"Yup. But, um, we might have to figure out a way to knock out the two pro-wrestlers that are kinda guarding his cell," he said, and we all sighed.

"Leave that to me," Teddy said, his voice different from the usual... chirpy tone.

And it scared me. Just a little, because I had heard a few stories about Teddy, and hey aren't exactly pleasant for the receiving end.

"Just don't blow up the whole school, alright?" Gabe said, and Teddy giggled.

"Now that I can't promise."

Uh oh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda a crappy chapter, but I promised to get one out for the amazing TashaLaureen :]
So there you go!
Okay, there are only about four chapters to go... so get pumped!
Oh, and a big big big big BIG thank you to the lovely magicrainbowunicorn! who never fails to get me to laugh :] You are amazing!
Well, thanks for reading, and I'll TRY to update soon!
Until next time my lovelies,
xx