‹ Prequel: Trapped
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Temporary

How Do I Live Without The Ones I Love?

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

Everything had gone by in slow motion. People ran around me as I stood outside the security guard’s room, bustling about, trying to save my sister and Matt. There was a small part of me, giving me hope, telling me that she was okay, but most of me was saying that she was dead. I didn’t give a fuck about fuck face right now, though I didn’t want him to die, either, no matter how many times I’ve threatened to kill him, and planned out how I was going to kill him, and how much I wanted him dead, and – dreamed about it – but all of that’s completely besides the point. I had grown up with this girl all of my life, and there was only few times that we were ever separated. She was my absolute best friend, and I was going to lose her. I wanted to cry so badly, I needed to cry so badly, so bad to the point where the tears wouldn’t come out. I went limp against the door frame, and turned back to look at Zacky. He stood there watching the blank screen in absolute disbelief. I walked over to him, putting a hand on his back, which he didn’t acknowledge. I pulled his shoulder so he turned to me, and I brought him into a hug so tight. I knew how he felt about Harper, it was how I felt about Jimmy, and he was hurting just as bad as I was, I know that for a fact. My chest heaved, wanting to let the pain come out, but I couldn’t. Zacky cried into my shoulder for what seemed like forever, and I let him. I would be there for him; he would be there for me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jimmy appear in the doorway, and he saw the scene in front of him, and he slipped out. I wanted to run to him, let all of my feelings out and have him make me feel better, but right now, my sister’s life was far more important to me than my love life.

“She’s gone,” Zacky sobbed, and it was barely audible.

“Shh. No she’s not, don’t say that,” I said, and started crying when he did; when he said the words I was thinking out loud. Harper couldn’t be gone, I wouldn’t let them take her away from me.

“Yes she is, she’s gone,” his words made my sobbing even harder, “I need her here with me,” he whispered through his tears.

“I need her too, Zack, I need her, too,” I managed to say, and felt my knees getting weaker. I slowly slipped down, until I was in fetal on the cold floor, and noticed him sit down cross legged with his head in his hands, his sobs shaking his body. Harper, she was gone.

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..

“Mr. Sullivan,” the security guard shook my shoulder, and I found this a little strange.

“What,” I grumbled.

“We’re going to need you to come to the security room,” I heard him say.

“I didn’t take it,” I mumbled, too tired to have to deal with this.

“It’s about a Ms. O’Klimin,” he said, and his words woke me up like somebody had thrown cold water all over my body.

“Is she okay,” I stood up, towering above him.

“I’ll explain to you on the way,” he said, and I nodded as we walked out of the door, “Ms. Harper O’Klimin and Mr. Matthew Sanders have been stuck in an elevator, which is being held up by two wires, and we’re not sure if it’s going to hold soon,” he told me. I felt horrible for the relief that I felt for it not being Parker, but Harper was like my sister, and it was almost just as bad; almost. There was a terrible fear in me that said that somebody wasn’t going to make it out of this alive. We approached a door labeled with the bold letters ‘SECURITY’, which was opened, and I heard the sobbing of what sounded like Zacky.

“It feel, ground floor, now,” the words came through the guys walkie talkie, and my heart fell. He pointed to the door.

“We have a reason to believe you’re with the girl in there,” he said, and started running towards the stair case. I walked towards the door, my hands in my plaid pajama pants, and walked in on Zacky and Parker clinging on to each other. I could only see Parker’s face, she wasn’t crying, but pain was very obvious. I thought that maybe they needed this time alone, because they just lost the girl that was closest to each of them. I leaned against the wall right next to the door, and slid down the wall, putting my head in my hands. Parker’s cries became audible now, and I wanted so badly to go in and calm her down, but I knew there wouldn’t be any comforting in my words. Not if she just lost her sister; and Zacky, he just lost his world. I sat by the door for what seemed to be an hour, before the crying seemed to have stopped, and the room was quiet. I leaned over to peak in, and they were both lying on the floor, sleeping. There was a small puddle by Parker’s face, and seeing her like this broke my heart into a thousand pieces. I picked her up, easily, because my strength seemed to be coming back. I was actually getting a lot better. I picked her up, and headed off to her room, where I lay her in bed, and crawled in next to her. She needed somebody here for her right now, and there was nothing I could do about Harper.

..::Third Person P.O.V::..

Everybody was moving quickly. The fire department was on their way to open up the doors to get out Harper and Matthew. Nobody knew if they were dead, alive, or anywhere in between. Stretchers, nurses, and doctors were all waiting for the metal slates to be opened so immediate care could be given, this was an urgent situation, and very life threatening.

“Come on,” Drake said. They were taking their precious time, and it was starting to piss him off. There were two lifeless bodies inside of his elevator, and they needed to be here. It was selfish of him, because instead of sincerely wanting them to live, he didn’t want their blood on his hands, he didn’t want to be blamed for this, and the fact that he was too cheap to invest in getting the elevator fixed. Now that he thought about it, a new elevator would be tons better than what was going to be said in the media. The department finally arrived, and pried the doors open. The ceiling had caved in, and Harper and Matt lay lifeless. They were put into stretchers, and rushed off to surgery. Matt’s breathing was faint, but for Harper, given a few more minutes, and she would be dead, or have serious brain and spine damage. Fortunately, the doctors were able to restart her heart immediately, but she wouldn’t wake up, leaving her in a state of a coma, the same for Matt. The only thing the doctors would be able to do for them now was put them on life support.

Parker put Kellin in the care of the nurses in the nursery, who had grown fond of him, as she, Jimmy, Zacky, Brian, and Johnny waited outside of the room. Parker was completely restless, not able to stop pacing back and forth. Zacky was completely lifeless, unable to move his thumb if he really wanted to. His heart was broken, and he didn’t know how he was going to live without the only girl he ever loved. He wouldn’t, and if he didn’t have her, he swore that he would take his own life.

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

I couldn’t stop pacing back and forth. Every once in a while, a tear would find its way down my cheek. I had to make sure she was alright; the doctors had to come out and tell me what was going on. If she was gone, maybe a doctor would have already told us that, but they didn’t. I tried to take this as a good sign, but nothing in my body was calm, and I had the continuous feeling that I wanted to throw up.

“Can you please stop, Parker? You’re going to make me throw up,” Johnny complained, and Brian slapped him in the back of the head as hard as he could, “The fuck, Brian?” Johnny started rubbing his head.

“Shut up, you sadistic little twit,” I hissed at him, pointing a threatening finger at him.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled, and looked down. I fell to my knees, not being able to move anymore, and Jimmy came over to me, picked me up and put me in his lap as he sat against a wall. He started stroking my hair in a big attempt to try and make me feel better. He didn’t say anything, he just held me, constantly kissing my forehead. I was glad to know that he was here for me, but right now, I needed my sister more than anybody else. The double doors opened, and my head shot up to the doctor, who had a clipboard in his hand.

“I’m here for the friends and family of Harper Elizabeth O’klimin and Matthew Charles Sanders,” he called out, and we were the only people in the waiting room.

“Yes, what’s going on,” I stood up, paying attention to his every word, his every move.

“I have good news, and bad news,” he said, pouting. I wanted to punch to pout off of his face and tell him to go fix my fucking sister.
“Give it to us, Dr. Bad news,” I said, and hoped for his sake that his good news would shit all over the bad news.

“The good news is, we were able to restart Harper’s heart fast enough to where there is the smallest chance of having and brain or body damage,” he said, and I sighed of relief. She was alive.

“So does this mean the bad news is Matt’s dead? That’s really good news,” Zacky was standing right beside me, and I hadn’t even noticed it.

“Mr. Sanders is doing really well, a lot better than Ms. O’klimin,” he said, and my heart fell, “They’re both in a coma,” he told us, and I wanted to crawl into a dark hole in the middle of Antarctica, freeze, and then get found and unfrozen when my sister was better and healthy.

“Do you know if they’ll wake up,” Jimmy asked, and the doctor hesitated.

“Stop hesitating, hesitating’s bad, it gives off the impression that you don’t know, which can’t be true,” I said, my words jumbled up together.

“Unfortunately, we don’t know. We can only try and hope for the best,” he said.

“And there’s absolutely nothing you can do,” tears started welling up in my eyes.

“We can wait, and if nothing happens, then there is something we can give them,” he said.

“Then why fucking wait, why not just give it to Harper now,” Zacky said as his voice was raising.

“Because the thing is, it would either help them or kill them, and it’s a risk we want to avoid taking,” he said, the utmost sincerity in his voice. I collapsed again, meeting the floor. How was I going to do this? I had a kid I had to take care of, my boyfriend was still in the hospital’s care, and quite frankly, I didn’t want to be around anybody else.

“Doctor,” I could hear Jimmy say.

“Yes, Mr. Sullivan,” I forgot, this doctor was the one who was taking care of him.

“Do you think I could go home early? I really think I should help at home,” he asked, and the doctor only hesitated for a second.

“I’m sure we could arrange something, since you seem to be doing better, but you’ll have to come back for a checkup about twice a week,” he said, and I could picture Jimmy jumping off of the walls, “I’ll go get the papers,” he said, and started walking off. Jimmy came down, and helped me stand up, and wrapped his arms around me. I sobbed into his chest. I needed my sister; I had to have her with me. I never imagined my life without her, I always knew that we would live until our old age, and I guess that it never really occurred to me that things like this could happen.

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..

Taking care of babies are hard. I don’t know how Harper or Brian did it, but props. I was holding Kellin, playing with him. I hadn’t seen him in forever, and I didn’t know what else to do to get him to calm down. He didn’t want to eat, he didn’t need his diaper changed. I knew nothing really about kids. There was a loud crash, and Parker started yelling.

“WHY COULDN’T IT HAVE BEEN ME,” she cried out. This had been going on for the past few days. It hurt me so badly to see her in this much pain. We were all sad about Harper and Matt, but mostly Harper. I just hoped that Zacky or Parker wouldn’t do anything stupid. I could only imagine how Zacky felt, losing the love of his life. The thought of losing Parker almost put me in tears, because I’ve almost lost her before, “WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME? I HATE YOU!” she cried out again. I put Kellin in his little rocker thing and put on a show about these colorful aliens with TV’s in their tummy’s on for him to watch. Why the fuck was I letting my kid watch this? I ran up the stairs, skipping two at a time. Parker was in our bedroom. The bed was torn up. The feathers from the pillows were everywhere. Our mirror had been smashed, and by the bloody evidence on her knuckles, I would go as far as to say she made it her personal goal to go balls out on the mirror, punching it over and over. The pieces were shattered everywhere on the ground as I scouted out all of the other remnants of our now fucked up room. She was now sitting on the edge of the bed, staring blankly in front of her, an empty look in her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her, and she nudged me away from her, telling me she didn’t want to be touched.

“She’ll be okay,” I tried to reassure her, and another tear fell down her cheek, which I wiped off with my thumb. This sight killed me, “She’s going to come out of this untouched. Even if she didn’t, she wouldn’t want you to be like this,” I told her, and she looked at me.

“You’re right,” she whispered, “I’m sorry,” there was a crack in her voice, and I once again wrapped my arms around her. She leaned into me this time, and I lay my head on the top of hers.

“I’ll help you get through this, I promise,” I told her. I would tell her anything that she needed to hear right now. Seeing her like this was horrible.

“I’m going to go take a shower,” she almost whispered, and I nodded.

“I love you,” I told her, breathlessly.

“I love you, too,” I kissed me briefly, and headed towards the bathroom. There was a knock downstairs, so I jogged down, opening it to Brian.

“How are you guys doing,” he asked, and I let him in.

“Dandy as fuck,” I said sarcastically.

“I was just going to come over and offer my help,” he said, and I cocked an eyebrow.

“You’ve been helping a lot, lately,” I pointed out.

“I have nothing to do, you guys are new parents going through a really fucking rough time, and I don’t want to be stuck there with Johnny,” he pointed out, and I took that. I heard muffled cries of pain from the bathroom, and I noticed I hadn’t heard the water start to run. I walked up the stairs, calling out her name.

“Parks?” I asked, walking up to the bathroom. I looked down, as blood started seeping into the carpet from under the door, “PARKER,” I yelled, instantly going for the doorknob. The door was locked, so I had to run into the door with my shoulder, and it flew open. Parker was in the corner of the bathroom, multiple cuts from her wrists spilling blood everywhere, a thin razor laying in the pool next to her leg. I picked her up and ran for the car.

..::Brian’s P.O.V::..

I saw Jimmy run down the stairs with Parker, who was bleeding. He shouted after me to watch Kellin, and my heart sank. I loved her, and she was hurt.

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..

I sat in the room where they were working on her wrists. I failed to protect her, something I swore that I would do. I promised myself I would never let her get hurt, and here she is. She tried to leave me, Kellin, and this world. Not only was I said, but it hurt that she would do that to me, to our kid, to all of us. The doctor came over to me, and I looked up at him expectantly.

“Will she be okay,” I asked.

“She lost a lot of blood.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers and subscribers, and a special thanks to all of the commenters.
I'm too lazy to list anybody right now, but you guys are AWESOME.

xoxo, Shannon.