‹ Prequel: Trapped
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Temporary

A Never Ending Gap

--Sometime around 3 in the morning—

I was woken up by the loud cries of Kellin. Parker started rustling and grumbling things incoherently. I put my hand on her shoulder pushing her back down so that she was laying down again.

“I’ll do it,” I mumbled and got up.

“K,” she said and lied back down. I crawled out of bed, and once I got onto my feet, I stumbled all the way into the nursery. I picked Kellin up and started bouncing him around when I realized I had no idea what the fuck to do so he would go back to sleep. I decided it would be a good idea to turn him around and smell, hoping that he didn’t need to have his diaper changed. My nose almost instantly regretting this decision as an empty gag came from my through. Fuck, I didn’t know how to change a diaper. I went back into the room with Kellin and started poking Parker’s cheek.

“Parker,” I whispered, “Parrrkeerrr,” I went on.

“Hmm,” she said, half asleep.

“How the hell do I change a diaper,” I asked, almost complaining.

“Hmm, the diaper magazine,” she said half asleep. I facepalmed before realizing she wouldn’t be any help and walked back to the nursery. I refused to turn on any lights, because my eyes wouldn’t be able to take it. I went downstairs and grabbed a pair of tongs along with oven mitts, and headed back upstairs. I used toilet paper to clog my nose, and set Kellin down on the changing table. I grabbed a diaper and the thing of wipes, and put on the oven mitts. I carefully changed the diaper with tongs, and smiled to myself successfully. The baby had stopped crying and I put him back in the crib, winding his mobile, and leaving everything I had gotten from the kitchen on the changing table. I crawled back into bed, slipping my arm around Parker’s waist.

--Later the same morning—

Parker’s random outburst of laughing woke me up. I detached my cheek from my dried up drool puddle, and looked up. It was very light in the room as the sun was pouring in through the window. How it didn’t wake me up, I don’t know. My body flinched as Parker’s laughter got even harder, and I got out of bed, walking towards her sound. She was in the nursery looking down at Kellin. I stood next to her and looked down. She turned to me and laughed harder, if it was even possible.

“What,” I said, dumbfoundedly. She pointed towards the diaper, and I noticed that it was inside out and backwards. I hung my head, and then she pointed to the changing table, where the kitchen tools were.

“You’re such a dork,” she was finally able to say, and then I put my arms around her. She leaned into me, grabbing me around the torso. My heart fluttered at her touch, and I was sad when she pulled away.

“Come back to me,” I complained, and she shook her head.

“I’ve got to change Kellin,” she told me, grabbing a hold of Kellin from underneath the arms. She changed him properly, and we all went downstairs for breakfast. I stirred up the formula while she made actual breakfast. The smell of home cooked food filled my smeller, and I was happy that she was finally home. I wanted to just take her into my arms over and over again. I shook the bottle and gave it to Parker and she just stared at me.

“I’ve got to feed him, don’t I,” I asked, my face turning blank, and she nodded, a smirk spreading across her face. I trudged over to where Kellin was in his little baby seat thing. I picked him up and cradled him so I could feed him. Once I was done, I put him back in the seat where he quickly fell asleep.

“Breakfast,” Parker peaked around the opening frame. I came in and she had it all set out on the table. I sat down next to her and ate.

“I’m glad to have you back,” I looked over at her, and her eyes gleamed.

“I’m glad that you’re glad to have me back,” she looked up at me and smiled, causing me to chuckle, “Personally there’s no place I’d rather be than with you, as loud and obnoxious as you get. I sat that in the most caring and sweet way,” she assured me, and reached out to hold my hand.

“Well, isn’t that just the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard,” I said in a mock country accent.

“I love you,” she said sweetly, and her words made me high, in a good way.

“I love you, too,” I said, then the phone started ringing as if on cue. Parker got up and retrieved the phone, and put it to her ear, “Hello?” She looked over at me then handed me the phone, “For you,” she chirped, then sat on my lap, watching me as I was talking to whoever was on the phone.

“Hello,” I asked into the phone.

“Hey, man, can you help me with something,” I heard Johnny on the other end of the phone.

“Yeah, I’ll be right over,” I told him, hanging up the phone. I quickly kissed Parker, “I’m gonna go help Johnny with something, alright?” I asked, and she nodded, kissing me back.

“I’ll be here,” she assured me. She stood up, allowing me to go upstairs and get dressed. I walked over to Johnny’s, since he lived the closest, and knocked on the door.

“Come in,” I heard him call out. I walked into the building, and expected him to be in my view.

“Johnny?” I called out.

“In here,” he said, his voice coming from the downstairs bathroom. I walked in to see him handcuffed to the towel rack, “I don’t see what it is with Harper and handcuffing me to things now. I couldn’t help myself but laugh, and his glares got more pissed off.

“How are we gonna get you out,” I asked, leaning against the wall opposite to him.

“Pick it or something. I don’t fucking know,” he said.

“Fine, I’ll go find something to pick it with,” I sighed, and left the bathroom. It took us a few hours until I was finally able to free the little gnome, but I did it.

“Wanna stay for a bit, play some video games,” he asked really hyper.

“I would, but Parker’s home with Kellin, and I think I should help out,” I told him, and his shoulders sagged, “But you’re welcome to come over,” I told him, and his face brightened up.

“Awesome, let’s go,” he jumped around and hopped out of the front door. When we got to my front yard, Brian emerged from my house, and smiled as he walked up to us. I started getting curious again as of why my best friend was alone with my girlfriend, the mother of my child.

“Hey,” he said, pretty happily, which just made my suspicions bigger.

“Brian, would I be so much of a dick to ask why you’re in there,” I never really trusted Brian when it came to girls. He froze up for a second and then answered me.

“I went to come and see if you were home, you weren’t, by the way. She said I could come in and wait for a little bit and see if you were getting home any time soon. I decided to leave since I didn’t think you would be home any time soon. And here you are,” he gestured towards me. I dwelled on it for a few seconds, and decided to brush it off.

“So what did you come to see me about,” I asked, adjusting my weight to the other foot.

“We need to have band practice, soon, man. I mean, we haven’t in forever,” he said, getting back to casual Synyster Gates. I nodded.

“We should soon then. My basement? I really don’t feel like moving my set,” I told them, and he nodded.

“Alright. We’ll need to plan a date then. Kellin and Parker can go over to Harper’s or something,” he suggested, then looked at his watch, “Fuck. I have to go,” He pated my shoulder and started running off. I still felt eerily about this. I was starting to get tired of coming home or going to wherever Parker was and finding that Brian was there with her. It was happening all of the time now, and I was very close to telling him to just stay away.

..::Brian’s P.O.V::..

“Fuck,” I muttered, kicking a rock that was on the side of the road. My fedora was blocking out the everlasting sunlight and I looked at my shadow which was in front of me. Why did I have to love Parker? Why her? Why did I end up getting these feelings for somebody I knew that I would never be able to have. I knew that Jimmy was starting get suspicious as to why I was always around. I feel bad for lying to him, though. I really do. I saw him leave when I was walking down the street, and found it an opportune moment alone with her. I sat and chatted with her, and when I left, there was Jimmy. I couldn’t help but envy him every time I saw him, or even thought about him. He had one of the most amazing girls I’ve ever met, and I really wished I could say that he didn’t deserve her, but he treated her with so much care and respect, and he tries so hard for her. He’s better for her anyways, that’s something I’d have to understand. I’m an asshole, such an asshole for falling in love with one of my best friend’s girls. I clenched my fist and unclenched them as my heart started beating fasted. I found a park with a bench, and decided to go and sit down. The fresh air should cool me down, or I hoped it would. I hated that every time I thought about this, I wanted to punch somebody in the face. I put my head in my hands.

“God dammit,” I moaned, “why did I have to fall in love with the girl that gave my best friend a child,” I took my head out of my hands.

“Oh my god,” I heard a voice behind me, “You’re in love with Parker,” I turned around to see Matt, his mouth agape.

“I swear if you say a word about it, I will use the shape of your mouth as a target, sending your face on a very personal date with my knuckles,” I threatened and stood up.

“Dude, it’s fucking cool, I won’t tell anybody,” he said nonchalantly, and sat down on the bench. I sat back down, and he just looked at me, “But why?” He asked.

“I don’t know, but I hate myself so much for it,” I put my head back in my hands, and let out a breath.

“These feelings have to go, they have to. You can’t screw everything up like I did,” he said.

“What did you screw up,” He looked at him, and he looked around awkwardly.

“Did I say ‘like I did’? I meant…like you’re probably going to,” he tried to cover up, making my curiosity shoot through the roof.

“What did you do that you aren’t telling me,” I asked him skeptically, eyeing him.

“If anybody tells you anything about me sexually assaulting Harper, just know it’s not true, but you have to act like you believe it,” he pleaded.

“What the fuck happened, Matt,” I asked, and he shook his head.

“I really can’t tell you. It would fuck everything up even more,” He put his head in his hands, too. Was something going on between him and Harper? No, it couldn’t be, It was probably just my mind wandering, “But you can’t fucking do anything about your feelings for Parker,” he warned.

“She has a kid with my best friend. Trust me, I’m not,” I assured him, kind of getting annoyed.

“If not for Jimmy, then for Parker,” he added on, and my head hung low. She wouldn’t like anybody like me in the first place. Just take the situation where we were trapped in a super store together, and I threw out so many options for her, but she loved Jimmy. She has since forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry all my updates have been so slow. I've been under a lot of pressure. : /

xoxo, Shannon