Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

To Be One Of A Kind

“Good morning,” Rupert kissed her cheek, his hand still placed on her stomach.

“Talking to me now?” Jersey laced her fingers with his. She had already forgiven him the night before when he came in to the room, but she thought she’d have her own little revenge. She grinned up at him, telling him that she’d forgiven him.

“Look, Jers,” his expression turned serious, “I’m sorry about yesterday, it was a bit of shock and I wasn’t really ready for it. But just think,” he rubbed her stomach slowly; “there’s a mini-you in there.”

Rupert placed his head on her stomach, “Hello baby.” Jersey’s eyes fluttered closed, a smile on her face as she ran her fingers through his hair.

“Do you think it’ll have ginger hair?” Jersey chuckled and looked down at him.

“I’m not sure, I don’t think so.”

Rupert tapped his fingers on her stomach, the night before he would have given any for this not to be happening but now he felt like the happiest man alive. Pushing himself up, he lay beside Jersey fixing her hair behind her ear.

“How far along are you?”

“Well, from our anniversary so I’m guessing somewhere up to three weeks?” He nodded his head calculating it in his mind.

“Sounds about right.” He chuckled to himself before leaning over and gently kissing her mouth, “This is really happening.”

Jersey barely heard his whisper as a smile crept onto her face. She then realised she hadn’t phoned the Doctor about a possible appointment, leaning over Rupert she grabbed his phone from the side table.

“You know like you love me?” She grinned.

“I don’t think I like where this is going.”

“Would you go and get that paper from my coat downstairs?” Sighing he kissed her one more time before jogging out of the room.

Once he had left the room she looked down at her stomach, lightly pressing her hand to it, “We’re going to be just fine, baby.” She whispered and even though she knew it couldn’t hear she felt an overwhelming connection to the baby growing inside her.

“One paper and a cup of tea, my lady,” He jumped on the bed next to her.

She laughed, “Why thank you, kind Sir.” She shook her head and placed the cup on the side, dialling the number on the paper. She motioned for Rupert to be quiet as the phone rang.

“Good morning, June speaking.”

“This is Jersey Hart, I was told to contact you to make an appointment for a scan.” Rupert smiled mischievously at her as his hand crept to the bottom of her t-shirt. Jersey swatted his hand away as he pulled it up, exposing her stomach to the cold.

Grinning he attempted to pull it up again, “Stop.” She whispered before turning her attention back to the phone, “No, sorry not you.” Jersey shook her head at Rupert biting down on her lip to suppress her laughter.

Jersey scribbled down the date and time at the top of the letter, “Thank you for your time.”
Turning off the phone, she threw it to Rupert and hit him in the arm, “That’s for making laugh, and cold.”

“Okay,” She looked down at the paper, “We have to wait eight weeks to see our baby.” She frowned at him.

“Come on, let’s go and eat.” He smiled and took her hand leading her downstairs; they were met by Rupert’s family clapping as Jersey buried her head in Rupert’s chest blushing from the attention.

“Leave them be! Come and eat, love.” Jersey smiled appreciatively at her before joining the family to eat.

The breakfast went quite fast and the feeling of being in a family again had almost brought tears to Jersey’s eyes. She suddenly had the urge to be sick so excused herself from the table and walked as fast as she could to the bathroom.

Rupert followed after her with her glass of water, when he got to the bathroom he quickly held up her hair. His eyes widened when she cried out in pain, “What’s wrong?”

She looked back up at him with glossed eyes and moved her hand down to her pants, pulling it back up her hand was covered in blood, “Rupert?” She cried, “What do I do?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Continuation from last chapter because it read better.
Don't hate me!

Thanks to everybody who read/commented/subscribed:
dinosaur2016
rachelMISFIT

Hannah