Status: Formally A Year With Draco. Finished, Just posting :)

A Rose by Any Other Name

You Finally Tell The Truth

Draco and Rose walked into the Common Room hand in hand. Some people were standing and talking while others were standing and…uh…not talking. Cammie was sitting on the couch with Blaise. Her lips were glossed and pouty, as always. And her strawberry blonde curls had never been so shiny.

“Is there not enough privacy for you two at the lake? Or are you guys just coming down her to get in the bed?”

“Cammie, shut up!” Rosie said. Everyone in the room got completely silent.

“Whoa, Rosie. Wrong direction. You were supposed to be saying sorry.” Draco told her.

“Yeah, Rosie. We both know that you didn’t come down here to talk smack with me.” Cammie said.

“I can’t believe you.”

“What is little Rosie to scared to play with the big dogs?”

“No. But after all the hell I’ve been through and what you put me through, you’re still the biggest bitch I have ever seen.”

“Moi? No.”

“Cammie, I am sick and tired of your crap.”

“And it’s just too bad I didn’t tell you what Ben was up to.”

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying I knew.”

“What?”

“I set the whole thing up. Actually it was my idea.”

“You told Ben to do that?”

“Yeah I did. You really don’t think that big oaf figured it out all by him self, did you?”

“Why did you do it?”

“We can’t let you have all the glory now can we? Ben is a REALLY great guy. If you know what I mean. He would do anything I asked him to. And when you seemed to be getting closer to Draco, Draco came closer to me.” Rosie looked back at Draco. He threw his hands up in the air.

“I didn’t do anything with her.” He said.

“I didn’t mean it like that. The more you wanted him and he wanted you, the more I wanted him. So I devised a plan that made you get back with Ben and I could have Drakie all to myself.”

“That didn’t work to your advantage did it?” Draco said.

“No but I still want you, Draco.” she said looking at him up and down.

“Well I don’t…want you.”

“But, when I told you about what happened, you acted like you had no idea what I was saying.” Rosie said.

“Wow. Was I that convincing? I guess you forgot about those stupid acting lessons my parents made me take was I was little.”

“What happened to you? You used to be my best friend. And as you reminded me the other day, since we were five.”

“Well things change, Nash. You and Draco make a lovely couple. Hope everything works out for you.” She got up and started walking out. Rosie grabbed her arm to stop her.

“I think you should find someone else to room with.”

“Why?”

“Because I just kicked you out you git.”

“You can’t kick me out!”

“Yes I can, remember? My parents paid for the room. You were just my roommate because your parents couldn’t afford it.”

“You weren’t supposed to tell anyone.”

“Oh was I not to say anything about that or your fake boobs? I just never could remember.” Draco and everyone else around started laughing. Cammie gasped. “The only problem is how did you get them when your family doesn’t have any money? Oh yeah that’s right. You were doing the plastic surgeon. And he was what…40? That’s illegal isn’t it, Cammie?” Cammie ran out of the Common Room, screaming. Blaise started to run after her.

“Blaise, do you really think you should follow her?”

“Yeah I do.” He replied.

“Dude, you can do so much better than Cammie.” Draco said.

“Cammie likes me.”

“Are you sure about that? Blaise we treat you a lot better than Cammie would. We like you.” Rosie said. Blaise stared at her strangely. “Not like that. Blaise you’re like another brother to me. I’ve told you secrets I couldn’t tell Cammie. And you’re going to throw all of that away for a girl like Cammie?”

“You and Draco, you guys talk about me behind me back.”

“I’m so—”

“I just…I don’t really believe I can consider you a friend anymore.” A tear rolled down Rosie’s cheek.

“Blaise, we are sorry. And if we could take back everything we said badly about you, we would in a heartbeat. But you can’t follow Cammie.” Draco said hugging Rosie.

“B, I’m really sorry. It’s kind of my fault. I started everything. But you know me. I joke around.” She laughed. “Okay I joke around A LOT. But that doesn’t change the way I feel about you. I make fun of you because I love you.”

“Rosie, I won’t go. Just as long as you promise never to say crap about me again.”

“I promise.” She walked over to Blaise and hugged him. She purposely let the hug linger for a moment while Draco was standing there watching. Then he walked over to them and split them apart with his hand.

“Okay, Blaise, I’m so sorry, but she’s mine.”

“Chill, Draco. I was just seeing if you would get jealous.” Rosie said.

“Psh, I wasn’t jealous.” Rosie glared at him with an Oh-Please look. “Per se…”

“But you were jealous.”

“You are so evil.”

“I know.” Draco kissed her forehead. “How do you think I got into Slytherin?”

“Because your parents were, as well as all of your brothers.”

“That doesn’t mean anything. Remember Ashley something? Her parents were in Ravenclaw. All five of her brothers were in Ravenclaw. She’s in Gryffindor.”

“Well, I’m glad you weren’t a rebel.”

“If you’re calling me a rebel that would explain how I got in here.”

“Why can’t I have that?” Blaise asked feeling like the third wheel, just standing there watching them.

“Have what?” Draco asked.

“What you guys have.”

“Blaise, we only started going out like two hours ago.” Rosie stated.

“Yeah, but you guys are so…and I can’t believe I’m going to say this word…cute together.”

“Blaise, you will eventually get a girl. Just don’t worry about it so much and chill. The girls will come to you.” Draco said.

“I don’t remember me coming to you. You kind of came to me. You’re giving him really bad advice.”

“I’m a guy. Blaise is a guy. I think I know what I’m doing.”

“Okay whatever you say.”

“Hey you know what?” Draco asked. His arms were around her waist with his body pushed against hers. Her arms were around his neck.

“What?”

“No one really knows we’re going out yet.”

“Oh really? Well they might. I mean Cammie is probably down there right now.”

“Cammie gossips, and most of her rumors aren’t true.”

“What should we do?”

“Flaunt it?”

“I love that idea, Mr. Malfoy.”

“I’m full of good ideas.”

“That’s not what I meant, and you know it.”

“I do. But I said it anyway.”

*

Rose, Draco, and Blaise walked into Great Hall. Rosie and Draco were holding hands. Everyone looked up at the doorway. Up at them.

“Uh…I think Cammie told them.” Draco said.

“I think she screamed it at them.” Rosie responded.

“Guys, come on. You’re overreacting. This happens all the time.” Blaise said trying to calm them down.

“But not to me it doesn’t.” Rosie said. “I hate being stared at.”

“Let’s just go sit down.” Draco put his arm around Rosie’s shoulders and led her to a spot at the table. Everyone’s eyes followed them.

“Draco, make them stop.” Rosie said.

“I’ll try.” He stood up on the bench. “People! I realize that this is a big deal for some of you! You never thought we’d end up together but her we are! Together! So now people! Please stop staring!” They still stared. Draco pulled out his wand. “Or else…” Every single on of them went back to eating. All except Cammie anyway.

“Draco, Cammie is still staring.”

“Let her. She’s just a little too jealous. Before you know it she’ll be back to the ‘I hate you because you’re lower than me’ Cammie we all know and hate.”

“You’re not going to let her get to you are you?”

“Me? See through Cammie’s little scheme? Love, I’m with you and no one else.”

“Only since this afternoon. Draco—

“Rosie, I know what you’re going to say.”

“You do?”

“Yeah, you’re going to say that you really don’t trust me fully yet and that I have to be patient with you.”

“Not really.”

“What?”

“I trust you completely. Or else I never would have said it before. I was going to say: Don’t give into her, no matter what she does.”

“I won’t.”

“She’s very persuasive. She can make anyone do anything.”

“I know, I know. It’s kind of what she does.”

“It’s not just what she does. It’s how she has fun. She loves to mess with people’s minds. Get into guys pants. You know that sort of thing.”

“Rosie, don’t worry. I won’t do anything.” He kissed her.

“Okay,” she took a piece of chicken and ate it.

“Hey, Rosie.” Rosie looked around.

“Hey, Cody. What’s up? I haven’t seen you since the train.”

“Well, you aren’t that easy to find. So when did you and Draco…” Cody replied.

“This afternoon. Sorry I didn’t tell you. Are you going to tell?”

“This is between you, Draco and the parentals. I, myself, am fine with it. We need to end this but Dad…might not think so.”

“Thanks. But I…uh…have to talk to you about something.”

“Okay. Talk.”

“Not here. Later, in private. With Draco.”

“Huh?” Draco obviously wasn’t included in the Cody-Rosie conversation. “Sorry. I heard my name. Oh, hey Cody.”

“Hey.” Cody answered.

“I was telling Cody that I needed to talk to you and him in private later.”

“Okay.”

“Well, I’ll talk to you then, okay, Rosebud?” Cody asked.

“Okay.” Cody turned back to his friends.

“Are you gonna tell him about the whole ‘Ben thing’?”

“I have to. It’s hard to lie to him about something. Especially when I’m lying to him about something this important.”

“Then he is just going to say ‘I told you so.’ Or ‘You should have never gone out with him in the first place.’”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Or maybe he might kill him.”

“You know what? I just might be okay with that.” He laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this is the first time that I've posted in about FOREVER! But it's memorable for being the first time I've posted since the new layout. I hope I still have fans out there. If I do, please don't be quiet. I wanna hear your thoughts, feelings, your hearts deepest desire. I'm kind of kidding about that last one. But, if you do need someone to talk to, message me. I'm here. Doing nothing. Since I have no friends and my boyfriend has a job. So please, talk to me.

Alright I'm done. Enjoy reading. I'll get another chapter up soon.