Status: In Progress.

Listen to Your Heart

Wake Up Call

The next day, I was sleeping peacefully in my bed. It was already late in the day, but I had nothing else to do and I was still tired from hanging out with the girls the day before. I had also stayed up late that night sketching some new designs for some clothes.

I was startled out of my sleep by my cell phone ringing. I sat up quickly and grabbed it from my night stand. I didn't even check to see who it was before answering it.

"Hello," I said, groggily.

"Were you still sleeping?"

It took me a moment in my sleepy haze to realize who it was, but once I did, my eyes widened.

"John?" I asked, curiously.

"Yeah," he said. "Who else does it sound like? What are you still doing in bed at two in the fuckin' afternoon?"

"I wasn't," I lied.

"You were," he said. "Party hard last night?"

"Oh, yes," I said, sarcastically. "I'm now trying to figure out how this random naked guy ended up in my bed."

"I don't need to hear anymore," he said.

"I was kidding," I said. "What's up?"

"Not much," he said. "I don't have anything to do today. Heather's going to be hanging out with some of her friends."

"So?" I asked him, wondering where he was going with that.

"So," he said, "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today."

"Nice to know I'm the one you run to when you have no one else to hang out with," I said, playfully.

"I didn't mean it that way," he said, quickly. "I want to spend some time together. We have some catching up to do."

"I was only kidding," I said. "Yeah, we do have some catching up to do. Give me about an hour and a half."

"Okay," he said. "I'll be by to get you soon."

We said our goodbyes to one another and I ended the call as I smiled. I hadn't been expecting to hear from him. I hadn't talked to him since we had all been at the restaurant together. I knew he had his own life and Heather. It made me angry thinking about her. She was not the girl for John. I didn't know her well, but I could just tell that she wasn't.

After I got out of bed and stretched my limbs, I rummaged through my closet for something to wear before I took a shower. I didn't know what to wear because I didn't know where we were going or what we would be doing, but I didn't care. I would be spending time with John and that's all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope all of you like it. It's short, but at least it's an update. Thank you to everyone that has read, subscribed, and/or commented. I really appreciate it :). Please comment and let me know what you think of the story so far.

Also, happy birthday, Garrett!! :)