Status: Completed! Check out the sequel! (:

I Never Told You That I Can't Take Another Disappointment

"You gave me butterflies at the mailbox."

When the song ended I reluctantly let go of her and we walked over to the table. I cleared my throat and waiters from a nearby restaurant brought food to our table. She seemed impressed with this whole thing, which was good. I knew in my heart that I was trying to recreate our old memories and hope she would see the spark again.

While we ate dinner we talked about what we both had missed over the three years. She had been more successful than I thought. She had made a good life for herself. I was proud of her.

I had told her about the trip from York to the United States and then about Danny’s problem with drinking and doing drugs. After that we just joked around remembering all the stupid shit we did.

I asked,” Remember how you got the whole senior class to TP the school the night before graduation?”

She laughed,” And all the teachers were all pissed they that couldn’t hold us from graduating.”

I shook my head,” That shit was ridiculous.”

She smiled with her brown eyes,” Remember our first kiss?”

I was almost stumped by her question. I expected that she didn’t want to talk about us as a couple. I nodded remembering the exact moments. I had just dropped her off at her house and I stood there with her on the sidewalk next to the mailbox. We had gone to an underground band concert and we actually made fun of the band most of the time. It wasn’t even really a date. It was just us doing our normal thing as best friends.

She laughed,” I could scream better than that guy!”

I agreed,” I’m pretty sure anyone would. That was just fucking embarrassing.”
She stated,” You should have stepped up on stage and played guitar.”

I laughed,” Oh yeah, let me just crawl over security.”

She winked,” Alright Ben, see you tomorrow. G’night.”

I was about to say goodnight but instead I decided to do something out of my comfort zone. I grabbed the front of her gray sweatshirt and pulled her against me. My stomach was fluttering like crazy, hoping she wouldn’t push me away.

Surprisingly she didn’t and she didn’t ask what I was doing. When I leaned in for a kiss she leaned into it; like she had been waiting for this for a while. After we shared our first kiss I licked my bottom lip and I my gaze at her afterwards made her cheeks rosy.

It was a week or so afterwards that I asked her to be my girlfriend.


Alexandria:

I stated,” We did have some pretty good times.”

Ben still seemed like he was thinking. I smirked, “Hello? Ben, you in there?”

His eyes flickered to mine and he smiled. He stuck out his tongue,” Sorry just reliving memories.”

I asked,” Isn’t it time to forget about them and move on?”

He smirked, “Not until you agree to make more of them with me. So in that case let’s have one more dance, unfortunately I could only get this room for an hour.”

I rolled my eyes playfully, stood up alongside him, and questioned,” Well what is all this then?”

He looked me dead in the eyes,” I’m showing you that I’m not just an asshole in a band.”

I gave him a look of ‘I’ll believe it when I see it.’ He held his hand out and I took his hand. He spun me into his arms this time with a little more confidence.

I kept eye contact with him, mostly trying to figure him out. I wished I could have the old him back but I knew I couldn’t rewind time. People change, even I had changed so I need to just get to know the new him. He’s getting to know the new me so I’m going to stop wishing for the old and embrace the new.