Status: Completed! Check out the sequel! (:

I Never Told You That I Can't Take Another Disappointment

"No, she's Daddys little girl. She wasn't meant to be another me."

November 17, 2011;

It had been three years since Ben had left Dubai. My hope for him to come back for me or to call me never happened. We had lost contact. I lost all hope in January and I moved back to London. My waiting game seemed to have no efforts from the other side. So I picked up everything and moved back to where I was born. I barely remembered London. I had gone through a bunch of different emotions when I got there. Would Ben be able to find me here? You know what, I don’t care. I need to start over. Why didn’t I demand he take me with him? No one called me Alexandria any more. It reminded me too much of Ben. So I went by my nickname Lex. Because of the way he used to say my name, I refused to go by it. I thought it would give me some kind of relief.

My playing at bars had become a success. In those four years I had become more known. I had done a duet with We the Kings, played drums for random bands, and continued to putting my acoustic stuff out there. I had even flown out to America to sing with We the Kings on Warp Tour. Earlier this year I d sang with Bring Me the Horizon in two of their songs. Ben’s hope for me to stay out of the music industry didn’t happen. I was determined to get somewhere now. That one person that was my life wasn’t anymore. So I went full speed ahead into the music industry.

I knew of Asking Alexandria’s success as well. They had really good songs and when I felt like crying or when I missed Ben I would listen to them. But other than that I tried not to listen to them because it just broke my heart even more. There was a gaping hole in my heart and I had no idea when it would close.

Sometimes I felt like the stupid girl who couldn’t get over someone. Now that it had been almost four years, I was finally starting to come to terms with moving on. I was in no way rushing into the dating scene though.

I had searched for gigs or bands that needed drummers. I found my calling when I heard that Avenged Sevenfold needed a drummer for their Buried Alive tour. I sent in a few videos of me drumming to their songs and waited for an answer. That was two months ago. I knew that their tour was starting on the 23rd so I figured I didn’t get the job.

I was now 22 years old and an expert at drumming and acoustic guitar. All I needed to do was find that road to lead me to stardom. Live to the fullest right?

I sat at my loft blasting music and dancing around the house. I was vacuuming and dancing when I heard the doorbell ring. I almost didn’t hear it thanks to the music. I turned how the radio and walked to the door. I opened the door, half expecting it to be my neighbor complaining.

When the door opened my jaw dropped. It was Zacky Vengeance from Avenged Sevenfold standing on my doorstep. I blinked a few times and I saw him smile. He asked,” Can I come in?”

I nodded and stepped aside. He eyed my drums in the corner of my living room. He stated,” You’re pretty good by the way, Alexandria.”

I stopped my eye contact with him when he said my name. I corrected him,” I go by Lex.”

He apologized,” Oh my bad.”

I asked,” It's alright. How do you know where I live?”

He smirked,” Did you forget you sent the demos from this address?”

I ran my fingers through my hair,” Oh yeah huh.”

He laughed at my nervousness. He stated,” So you’re probably wondering why I’m here…”
I nodded.

He continued,” We liked your demos a lot. You’re like a prodigy of the Rev… Sorry, hang on.”

I waited for him to gather himself. I knew that the death of the Rev was probably extremely hard for him and to replace him would be hard too. Even just learning from the Rev's drumming left a mark on me. It was horrible hearing about a role models death. I sat on the arm of my couch and waited patiently.

He took a deep breath,” Well we also want you to come on tour with us. You’d be a great addition.”

I whispered, “Bloody hell.”

He crossed his arms,” If you need time to tell people goodbye or whatever…”

I interrupted,” I can start packing right now.”

He looked at me strangely and then laughed,” Alright then.”

I left him in the living room and hurried to my bedroom. I packed all my skinny jeans and black shirts. My band t shirts I also packed. I packed some boots and Vans and some more stuff. I was practically throwing things around my room trying to fit everything into my suitcases. I was done in like twenty minutes. I was so excited. This was the opportunity of a lifetime.

I pushed three suitcases out of my room and sat on them with a smile. Zacky's green eyes flashed to me and he smiled right back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lex's outfit