Status: 8/19/12- Hiatus

Bulletproof Heart

Jack and Sally

I was laughing at Frank’s antics, something that happened daily. I had never met anyone like him, he was sweet, funny, and a total goofball doing what he wants not giving a damn about what others think. Vi took off chasing Frank who had just taken a picture of her and Gee together. Which by the way can I please say what a cute couple they make?

Anyhow Frank ended up hiding behind me, his hands on my hips as he looked around me at Vi and Gee. I couldn’t breathe while he touched me. I fought the urge to close my eyes and lean back into him. Yeah in case you haven’t figured it out I’ve got it bad for a married man. I’ll never tell him, hell I haven’t even spoken it aloud to V. It didn’t matter cause he was married and I wasn’t a home wrecker, I had firsthand knowledge of that kind of betrayal and the pain it caused the unknowing wife.

Frank rested his chin on my shoulder, I’m the only one here shorter then Frank and by a good three inches at that. “You wouldn’t hit Pru would you?”
Before Vi could make a smart comment Gee pulled her back against him and kissed her head. It was so cute I almost awwww’d them out loud. Instead I just flashed them an approving smile.

“Ten bucks says she’s the newest Way family member.” Mikey stage-whispered to Ray but I was only half listening due to Frank’s hands still being on my waist.

Vi rolled her eyes at everyone but I caught a glimpse of happiness she was trying to hide. This was going to work out, it had to. We all moved to the ‘living room’ which in a bus is just like where the couches are. Funny part is Frank didn’t let go, something about Vi still being out to get him and me being his ‘human shield’.

So here I am chilling on my crush’s lap trying to ignore how good he smells, or how nice his arms feel wrapped around me. There’s something you have to understand, Frank is a touchy feely kind of guy. Most people would look at us and think we were a couple but those who knew Frank knew it was just how he was.

“Who’s turn is it to pick the movie?” Mikey asked from his spot on the couch beside where V and Gee were curled up together.

“I think it’s Pru.” Ray said stretching as if he was still waking up.

“Oh…ok.” I said sliding off Frank’s lap to check out the movie selection.

“Nice thong.” Frank chuckled as he snapped it.

Of course immediately I put my hand back over my butt and yep it was sticking out from my jeans as I glared at him. Was I really mad? Hell no. His finger had just brushed against my lower back and I had to fight back the shiver that wanted to race down my spine.
Turning my attention back to the movies I smiled as I found my favorite movie. I pulled out ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ and held it up. “This one please.”

“Good choice.” Frank said nodding his approval.

Ray however groaned. “Not that movie again.”

“What?” I asked confused.

“Frank’s made us watch that like a million times.” He said frowning.

“Cause its one of the best fucking movies ever.” Frank said throwing a pen that had been on the table beside him at Ray.

“Hell yeah!” I said stretching out to give Frank a high five.

“You’re not going to win this Ray, it’s her favorite movie.” Vi said her head not bothering to lift off Gee’s shoulder. They really were freakin adorable together I thought smiling at the two of them.

I popped the movie in and went to sit on the couch between Ray and Mikey only to find myself in Frank’s lap. “Excuse me?”

Frank gave me an innocent look. “What? You’re still my human shield.”

I rolled my eyes but was secretly giddy on the inside, wrong I know but I couldn’t help how I felt. I wiggled a little trying to get comfy and I could have sworn I heard Frank groan softly. Talk about wishful thinking. I lost myself to the movie, not even realizing I was singing along softly to Sally’s song until Frank spoke.

“You have a beautiful voice.” He whispered so only I would hear. His warm breath tickled my ear caused my heart to race in my chest. How pathetic am I?

I turned bright red. “Shhh. You’re making me miss the movie.” Yeah I was avoiding his compliment, it was the safer route.

He chuckled as he shifted under me moving me in the process so that my head now rested on his shoulder. I closed my eyes letting myself imagine that we were a couple, that he was holding me because he wanted me close to him.

“I think she’s asleep.” Frank whispered to everyone.

“Then wake her up dumbass. She picked this movie.” Ray said sounding slightly annoyed.

“No. It’s almost over anyhow.” Frank said sounding annoyed as well. Was he annoyed because I fell asleep or at Ray? I couldn’t tell.

Okay I’m not really asleep but I’ve decided to play the part. Frank shifted me in his lap one arm now curled around my back to rest on my hip. I moved in my ‘sleep’ so that my face was buried in his hair, my mouth an inch max from neck. God he smelled so good.

Everyone was whispering now that I was ‘asleep’. As soon as Nightmare Before Christmas was over they picked another movie. What it was I wasn’t sure since I was still faking.

Yeah I know, I’m pathetic.

I don’t know how long I stayed like that but soon I could feel the bus stop.

“We’re stopping for dinner.”

“You guys head in I’ll wake her up.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah Gee.”

“Okay see you in there.”

I heard everyone file out of the bus leaving Frank and I alone. I held my breath waiting for him to move me, or shake me awake. Instead he rubbed his hand up and down my arm causing my heart to beat frantically in my chest. “You can stop pretending to be asleep now.”

I didn’t know what to do other then panic. So I did nothing, clinging to my ruse even more now.

“Pru I know you’re not sleeping.” He said with an unmistakable laughter in his voice.

I was bright red, I knew it. But all I did was crack open an eye. Frank was looking down at me, smiling that adorable smile at me. You know the one that melts my heart and makes my knees weak at the same time. “Sorry?”

Frank smiled wider, “don’t be.”

Again I felt my face flush at his words. It was amazing how he could have me at a loss for words when it was kinda what I did for a living. So of course my ingenious response was, “how’d you know?”

“You snore when you sleep.”

I hopped up of his lap in mortification. “I do not!”

Frank got up laughing. “Don’t get your panties in a bunch, it’s actually cute.”

“No it’s not cause I don’t.” Oh God, did I? Vi had never said anything, surely if I did she would have.

Frank slung his arm around my shoulders. “Come on Sally, everyone is waiting for us.”

I raised a brow at him. “Sally?”

He smiled down at me. “Yeah, Sally.” He looked behind me and I turned to see he was looking at the Nightmare before Christmas that was laying on the counter. “Oh…then you’re Jack.” I said smiling before realization hit me. I doubted Jamia would appreciate me calling him that if I was ‘Sally’. “Errr…I guess Jamia wouldn’t like that much.”

Frank’s face fell and I immediately felt like the world’s biggest ass without even knowing what I had said wrong. “Doubt it.”

I hugged him without even thinking about it. “Awww…Don’t say that Frankie. Just cause you guys are fighting doesn’t mean she doesn’t care.” Their fights weren’t a secret, Frank could scream with the best of them. Just listen to Leathermouth sometime. Yeah I’ve uhhh done some research in the last month.

“Actually we’re separated.” He said softly, his breath causing my hair to stir.

“Oh. I’m so sorry. If there’s anything I can do let me know.” I said hugging him tighter.

I didn’t dare breathe as Frank wrapped his arms around me hugging me even closer to him. “Thanks.”

I pulled back smiling at him. “Hey what are friends for right?”

“Bailing you out of jail?” He replied without hesitation.

I laughed. “Yeah okay just remember you’re the famous rock star with all the money.”

He shrugged. “I’m just Frank.”

“I don’t think you’re just anything.” Oh God! Did I really just say that?! What the hell was I thinking?!

Just then the door to the bus opened and Ray’s head popped in. “If you don’t get your asses in there now we’re eating without you.”

“Oh sorry!” I said a little too quickly before making my hasty exit almost running over Ray in the process. “Sorry Ray!” I hollered as I ran past.

I’m a coward.

I know.

But no way did I want to hear what Frank had to say, I was sure of it.