Status: 8/19/12- Hiatus

Bulletproof Heart

True Lies, Real Hurt

“You stay away!” I hollered at Frank as I all but ran to the bus. I was soaked and highly embarrassed. “Lace thongs, great idea Pru.” I huffed at myself.

“I happen to like them.”

I spun around and saw Frank standing in doorway smirking.

“I told you to stay away.” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

“Yeah well in case you haven’t noticed I don’t listen well.”

I rolled my eyes. “Believe me, I’ve noticed.”

Frank’s smirk grew. “I knew you’ve been checking me out.”

I opened my mouth and closed it several times, a pretty awesome impression of a goldfish if I must say so myself. “I…have not.”

“You’re a horrible liar, you know that?” He asked as he approached me slowly.

I backed up without thinking, like I could really get away from him in this bus. I wasn’t thinking though, just reacting. Before I realized it I was on my ass on the bed looking up at Frank. I don’t know what I expected but him leaning down wasn’t it. He placed his hands on the bed on either side of me, his face so close I could feel his warm breath on my lips. He smirked causing the light to bounce off the ring in his lip. “You know you want to kiss me.”

His hazel eyes were more of a green and they were burning with a look of hunger. I wetted my bottom lip and I saw his eyes track the movement. “I….I do not.” Shit that didn’t sound convincing at all, then again it was a total lie so I guess it shouldn’t.

I didn’t breathe as he kissed the corner of my mouth. “You need to learn how to lie.”

“I…I’m not. Lying that is.” In, out, in, out, in, out. Yes, I’m reminding myself how to breathe.

Frank pulled back an eyebrow raised. “You don’t want me to kiss you?”

“No.” Oh I’m going to hell just for the lies I told tonight.

He chuckled. “Fine. I won’t kiss you until you tell me too.”

I cleared my throat so I could find my voice. I had never met a man who could make me so thoroughly speechless. “I won’t.”

“We’ll see.” He said winking at me before turning to leave. Just when I was about to breathe a sigh of relief he stuck his head back in the door. “Oh and you might want to put some clothes on. I’ve seen strippers that don’t look half as good as you do right now.”
I flopped down on the bed wishing the earth would open up and swallow me whole.

--

I tossed and turned all night, sleep evading me. My mind kept replaying the events of today over and over again. Of course what played most was whatever the hell happened in the back with Frank. I touched the spot his lips had touched.

I kicked off the covers and got out of bed, maybe if I watched a movie I would fall sleep. I was carefully walking past the bunks when I swore I heard my name. I looked around and realize no one was awake. When I heard it again I followed the sound and realized it was coming from the bathroom.

“Pru…”

HOLY.

FUCK.

IT.

WAS.

FRANK!

I pressed my ear to the door my mouth dropping open in shock plain and simple. He wasn’t…he couldn’t be…not thinking of me…he just couldn’t. Was I going crazy? I hurried back to our room in the back and shook Vi awake.

“The bus better be on fire.” She mumbled as she rolled over trying to get away from me.

“Vivian you better wake up right now!” I hissed in a low panic that got her attention.

“What’s going on Pru?” She asked sitting up still looking groggy.

“I think I’m going crazy.” I whispered.

“What’s going on?” She asked rubbing her eyes.

“Come on, you’ll understand.” I said pulling her out of the bed.

She followed me grumbling the entire time.

“Here just listen.” I said putting my ear up against the door.

Vi followed my lead her mouth dropping open. “HOLY SHIT!”

I slapped my hand over her mouth to keep her quiet. “Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh. You’re going to wake everyone up!” I hissed.

“OH MY GOD. HE’S JACKING TO YOU! NO FUCKING WAY!” She mouthed clearly not confident in her ability to keep from yelling.

“I know.” I whispered back.

We were both standing there with our ears to the door when Mikey walked up behind us. “Uuhh, what are you guys doing?”

We both jumped and I almost screamed. This time it was Vi’s hand that stopped me from
doing so. She turned to Mikey glaring. “Tell your brother and I’ll chop off your nuts.”

Mikey threw his hands up in surrender. “Okay okay I won’t tell Gee.” Reaching between us both he banged on the door. "Fucking hell Frank the whole bus can hear you jacking for Christ’s sake."

“RUN PRU RUN!” Vi yelled before turning and slamming head on into Ray. Mikey and I both started laughing as her and Ray fell to the ground in a heap of limbs.

Of course just then Gee would happen to join the little party. "UHHHHH. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!"

“Errr..ummm…nothing?” I stammered as Vi and Ray tried to untangle themselves from each
other.

Frank opened the door and stopped dead looking at first the two on the floor and then the rest of us. "What did I miss?"

Vi and Ray finally found their feet again. “NOTHING AT ALL. COME ON PRU TIME FOR BED.” She said grabbing my arm and pulling back towards ‘our room’. I smiled as she paused blowing a kiss to Gee quick.

My back to them I couldn’t see Ray shake his head at Frank. "Dude everyone totally heard you in there man I think you scared Pru."

“Oh shit.” I could have sworn I heard Frank swear before we closed the door.

I let out a deep sigh as I flopped down on the bed. What I had just heard made me think about things better left out of my head. I looked over at Vi who was sitting beside me. “Vi I want to do naughty things to him. What the hell am I gonna do?!"

"Do those naughty things. But safely." Vi said as she started digging in her bag for God knows what.

"Not before you and Gee. You're at least a couple." That managed to get her to stop looking through her bag.

"I haven't even sat down and made out with him, unless you count that time we were drunk"

"Yet you're tellin me to jump Frank?" Yeah my voice went with every word I spoke.

"I didn’t say that. There are lots of naughty things you can do without jumping him." Did she really just wiggle her eye brows at me?

"VI!" I exclaimed honestly shocked at what I was hearing from her.

Frank’s strained voice came through the door. "What the hell are you girls doing back there?"

"Having a lesbian orgy. Now I'm about to take my shirt off so unless your name is Gerard, GTFO." She replied not missing a beat.

The door suddenly cracked open. “You called?”

“Let Pru change first.” Vi said grinning as I shook my head.

“Wait till you’re naked?” Gee said from the other side of the door.

“Okay we’re ready now.” She cooed and Gerard came in a firm smirk planted on his lips.

Because we’re huge dorks and wanted to gross out everyone the three of us pretended to have sex. It’s really not hard, just make a whole lot of noise and let Gee bang on the bed. It was actually really kinda fun cause we got to jump on the bed. After we were good and worn out from our fake threesome we all passed out on the bed.

--

Frank’s POV

I had to listen to the three of them have sex for over an hour. More than once I thought about breaking that damn door down and telling them to knock it the hell off. I wasn’t jealous because of who was having sex, just that they were. I couldn’t remember the last time I got close to anything but my hand, probably right after Jamia found out she was pregnant.

Our marriage had been dying long before we had Cherry and Lily. I had hoped that my time at home and our beautiful girls would help us come together, so far that wasn’t happening. If anything everything had gotten worse. I hated to admit it but my going on tour was probably a good thing. It was giving us some time apart; Jamia called it ‘a trial separation’. Fucking bullshit was what I called it.

Needless to say I was not a happy Frank when I woke up the next morning. I rolled out of my bunk and glared at the closed door. At least they had finally fallen asleep. I grabbed a glass of orange juice and turned on the tv hoping to find something halfway decent to watch. Of course nothing was on.

I glanced up when I heard the back door open, it was Vi. “What crawled up your ass and died?”

"I'm fine." I snapped at her before turning my attention back to the tv.

“Bull. Shit.”

I got up and turned on the Xbox 360. “Is it just Gee and Pru time now?” I asked without looking at her as noise started coming from the back again.

“Unless they started without me....”

I gritted my teeth at her comment. I didn’t get how she could be so cool with Gee having sex with her best friend. I hadn’t pegged either of the girls for that kind of kink. “You might wanna check.” I said as I slaughtered everything within site in the game.

"Hey babe! Did you start the orgy without me?" Vi hollered as she headed towards the back of the bus.

“Oh God Gee....” Pru moaned and I had to fight the urge to throw my remote.

“Damn it! I told you I was just getting a drink!” She giggled.

Mikey came into the room covering his ears. “OH GOD MY EARS!”

Vi laughed hysterically at Mikey’s disgust. “I'm on my way back. Hang on for a sec.”

Gee grunted. "Fuck babe you better hurry Pru's getting carried away."

Ray sat down beside me shaking his head. “Dude..not on the bus!”

Vi turned hollering back at Pru and Gee. “Pru I agreed to share because it’s been a while for you. Don't hog him!”

I heard Pru’s musical laughter. “Not my fault his mouth is so talented.”

Vi sighed before giggling and running back to Gee and Pru. “Guess I’m not getting my coffee today.”

"Fucking bullshit." I suddenly wanted to break something, not a normal reaction to me. Man I really needed to get laid soon, it was driving me crazy.

When the noises suddenly started again I grabbed my head phones to drown out the sound. As soon as this bus stops I’m getting the hell off it.

--

I hadn’t seen Frank since we got to the venue. What was weird is that it’s like he’s avoiding me now. I finally found him walking around backstage almost like he was pacing. “Hey Frank? Everything okay?”

He didn’t even bother to look at me when he answered. “Yeah.”
I
walked over to where he had picked up his guitar and was messing with it. “Doesn’t sound like it.”

“I said I’m fine.” He snapped and I flinched at the coldness of his voice.

“Excuse me for caring.” I said my feelings getting hurt. I liked him, a lot and he was being a total dick to me for no reason.

“Listen why don’t you go fuck Gee some more.”

“I…I” I didn’t know what to say. I just sat there shocked as my crush didn’t as much as look at me. This wasn’t the Frank I had gotten to know. “At least now I know why Jamia called it quits.” I said my temper getting the best of me before I left him to play with his guitar. This is what I got for liking him. When would I learn that I was only attracted to jerks.

--

FRANK’S POV

I was in a foul mood the entire night. The only peace I got was being out on stage. Those kids were what I lived for. They made it possible for me to live my dream. As soon as the show was over I went to find a shower.

Pru wasn’t looking at me let alone talking to me but given what she said to me last I really couldn’t care. At least I could pretend not to care. For some reason the thought of her being mad at me didn’t sit well. I felt mildly better once I got out of my shower; yeah I’m a hygiene freak I know.

My better mood went right out of the window when I opened the door to the dressing room only to find V and Gee making out. “What no Pru?” I asked sarcastically as I slammed the door shut behind me.

Gee stopped sucking V’s face long enough to shake his head at me. “Like she'd really be down with a threesome. Have you not paid any attention to the kind of girl she is?”

V gave me the ‘duh’ look. “Especially with someone I'm dating?”

I stood there I’m sure looking like an idiot. I had been so irritated I hadn’t stopped to really think. Now that I was I felt like an idiot. "Guess not."

V rolled her eyes at my ingenious response. “NO SHIT SHERLOCK.”

“Now if you'll excuse us.” Gee said as he made shooing motion with his hand.

I turned and left the two ‘love birds’ to their make out session. I needed to find Pru and apologize for being a dick to her earlier. I only hoped she would forgive me. Shit I had really messed this one up royally. Running my hand over my face I went in search of Pru fully intending to let her kick me in the nuts if it made her feel better and not be mad at me anymore.