Status: Please give it a shot, and I will update soon :)

Save Your Heart

Someone Worth Dying For

The air was suffocating, and my Closter phobia was barreling down on me. I felt my chest tightening and the affects of the drug induced comma I was placed in. I blinked furiously and tried to claw my way out once more.

I awoke in this cramped box, so I assumed I have been buried alive. All I could remember was that odd voice, deep and unfamiliar. It lured me into an alley, telling me I have dropped something. When I was stabbed with something all I felt was my body slowly giving out. I had been kidnapped, and had spend the last week in a cement block room. It had been cold and dark, even forced me into a couple panic attacks. The voice had told me that I was bait for my best friend, whom was an army general.

My best friend was quite hated in many ways, just because he was doing his job. His ‘people’ killed a lot of the ‘enemy’ (or whatever you want to call it), and many people hated him for it. That was the main reason why I was in Egypt, I was here visiting him. He wanted me here because I was apparently in danger, I guess I know that’s true now.

When I realized that my scratching was only hurting me, I slumped against the side of the box. Whimpers of fear escaping my chest and then some small cries for help. But I felt like nothing was going to save me, I’m already half dead; why start now.

My brain filled with the image of my best friend, knowing that I will never confess my love now. First I saw his darkly tanned skin and then his sun kissed brown hair. He was beautiful, so beautiful that it was unfair to people like me. His gorgeous hazel eyes made my dark blue ones look plain, even his toned body made me feel weak and close to fat. It wounded me that I could never tell him how I really felt, that he made my heart beat. He was the only one that made me get up in the morning and then actually function. It had killed me when he told me he was leaving to be in the army, but of course I sat on the side and let him follow his dreams.

The sound of footsteps walking through a wooden floor sounded in the air. I froze and wondered if it was my kidnapper. Was he tired of my cries, was he coming to shut me up for good? I struggled into a curled up ball, trying to protect myself if something happened. My feet kicked the side of the box on accident, and I froze in fear once more. Someone stopped walking and my breathing stopped, trying to listen to them. The sound of a gun clicking echoed, and I found the need to hyperventilate filled my body. I’m going to die, there isn’t going to be anything to save me.

“Now would be a great time to speak your name.” The person warned, the voice was familiar and I felt safe for some reason. But I couldn’t find my voice now, the fear had taken over. “I know you’re in here, I will shoot.”

“M-Meg.” I whimpered out my name weakly. Maybe it was to quiet, but I was still scared. I couldn’t muster up any more courage.

They froze once more and then the sound of the gun clicking once more echoed, telling me they clicked on the safety. Maybe even slung it onto their back. This told me that they have either been looking for me, or that in was Riley and I was being saved.

“Meg, honey come out.” It was Riley, but he sounded on edge and that he feared something was going to happen. But my fear was beginning to fade.

“I-I can’t.” I whined, beginning to scratch at the box once more. I was surprised to hear him start to run to me, and also to hear him right above me. He was running and the box seemed to cave under his wait. It scared me and I scratched more.

“Calm down, I’ll get you out.” He demanded, his voice stern and demanding. I heard the box start to peal away, it was the sound of wood cracking. But I wasn’t beginning to see any light, actually if scared me more. That was until another cracking sound shook me, and suddenly my vision was filled with the hot sun. Then he was there, his big hazel eyes filled with worry and he didn’t even give me time to react. I was pulled out and into an enormous hug. My chest tightened and I found tears quickly sliding down my cheeks. “Oh thank god.”

He tightened his hold on me, just about crushing my already aching ribs. “Y-You’re hurting me.” I hummed, laying limping on him. He loosened his grip and stood up with me in his arms. But I felt like we were still in major danger and I didn’t want him to delay anymore.

“I need you to hold this, and you need to tell me if you see anyone. Watch my back.” He pressed a hand gun into my hand and then wrapped my arms around his neck. “Can you hold yourself there?” I nodded and wrapped my legs around his waist. “It’ll be okay, I think everyone who harmed you is already out of here. They left you to die.”

When he said that I whimpered and tuck my face in his shoulder. The realization that I almost died killed me inside. What would’ve happened if Riley hadn’t come looking? Would I have starved to death? Been shot by a different army general? Or were they all looking for me? Was I really that well known because of Riley?

He began walking us out of the shack, showing me many of his ‘men’ who were searching the house as well. Some of them paused to look, but didn’t dare more then a glance. I felt awkward being watched like this, and I just wanted Riley to get me to a doctor.

“Would you like us to check the rest of the flooring, Sir?” One of his man questioned, starting to walk next to us. He was walking so close to us that I could feel the heat radiating off from his skin. Riley stopped walking and then turned to him.

“I’m leaving, frankly she is more important to me then staying here. All of you will probably be sent home to your families as well. I’m not sure how long you will get, but I am probably resigning.” Riley informed, I didn’t expect what he said though. He has always talked about being in the army, yet he’s ditching it for me.

“But you love your job.” I whined in a tired voice.

He began stroking my back, trying to calm me down. “Shh,” He coxed, hopping a little bit to get my higher on his waist. “I love you more then my job. I can always come back if needed.” he turned back to the man that was talking to him, and began giving orders. Probably his last ones. “I need you to request a helicopter to get us out of here and make sure to have doctors on the other end when we get there. I also need you to request one to get you guys back to base. Stomp around on the floors and look for loose wood, I don’t think their will be anyone else here though. Do we have any blankets?”

“Ya, there’s a whole fist aid kit in the back of the jeep. We have some medical guys to if you want her checked out.” The man confirmed, looking behind him to point at two weaker looking men in the corner of the shack. They began approaching when pointed at, almost like they were being called. “They can just perform a check up here, I’m sure they don’t have anything to really help her.”

“We do have a few blankets, sir.” One of them smiled at me when they walked up. I didn’t respond, his slightly yellow teeth and buzz cut hair just made me feel uncomfortable. But Riley didn’t seem to notice. “We also have some extra water, she looks dehydrated.”

“That can wait, I just want a check up and that blanket.” I didn’t understand that, I was thirsty. Why couldn’t I have water? But its Riley’s call, we can’t change that.

“Riley!” One of the men called from a room that I vaguely remembered. The memories frightened me, that’s where they tortured me. I had already blocked out the things I couldn’t handle, honestly I don’t want Riley to go in there. “You have to see this.”

“Sir, let us take her to the jeep. She needs water.” Riley looked sternly at them but nodded at the same time. He placed a kiss on my dirty forehead, leaving butterflies in my stomach. The man who came first took me, and Riley demanded that he protect me at all cost. “We’ll take good care of her.”

“I’ll be out soon, honey. Just do what they tell you, okay?” Riley demanded, kissing my forehead once more. Lingering there for a moment then walking back to the room that he was called to. I couldn’t help but to notice the amount of blood on his brown tank top and camouflage jeans. It wasn’t his blood, it was mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the first chapter. I got the idea for this when I was drinking hot cocoa and watching a save the troops commercial on TV. I would really like to know what you think about it, and a comment would be great. If something needs worked on I would really appreciate you telling me :) If you like it, please tell me as well. So, please don't be a silent reader.

Thanks, Sam