Status: Please give it a shot, and I will update soon :)

Save Your Heart

Sunny With a Chance of Gunfire

I was placed in the back of the jeep then wrapped in a soft blanket. The four man that had kidnapped me where sitting on the side of the building, handcuffed to the metal fence that protected the house. I found myself wondering if it held it up.

“Megan.” One of Riley’s men snapped, averting my attention back to them. It was the medical one who smiled at me earlier. “Focus.” He chuckled climbing into the jeep as well. The other one had left with the man who carried me out here, they said something about standing guard.

“Don’t call me Megan, that’s not my name.” I hummed, leaning onto the side of the jeep for support. All the fresh air was making me dizzy and I suddenly wanted to sleep. I haven’t had sleep in awhile, I was to scared to close my eyes. “Its Meg.”

“I’m sorry, here.” He handed me a bottle of water that had a straw inside of it. “Emergencies only, and I’ll say this is one.”

I took a small sip, going slow at it. It ran down my dry throat, making it kind of hurt. I felt the need to cough and maybe even puke. But I didn’t, I just held off on taking another drink. He pulled something else out of the first aid kit, it was a thermometer. Maybe I had a fever, and that’s why my head hurt to bad. I allowed him to out it inside my mouth and then underneath my tongue.

“You’re very lucky. Do you know how long you’ve been missing?” He questioned, but I found myself shaking my head. Maybe four days at the most, but I was knocked out a lot. “We got the ransom note five weeks ago. Riley went ballistic, we haven’t stopped searching for you since. He was furious when the government refused to pay the money. I honestly didn’t think you would still be alive.”

He pulled out the thermometer and looked at the reading, I watched as his eyes widened in shock. He looked at me with his brown eyes and then back at the stick. I instantly felt threatened and the need to run overpowered me. But somehow I sat still.

“I’m defiantly surprised you’re still alive, I’ve never seen a temp this high. Lets hope that helicopter gets here soon. Lay down, please.” He helped me lay down and tightened the blanket around me, stuffing his jacket underneath my head. “Keep drinking that water.” I took another sip, trying to do everything he said. But god, that water felt like lava leaking down my neck. I hated it. “Do you know if anything is broken?”

“My ankle was kicked in when I tried to run, and my ribs hurt. But that’s about it.” I informed quietly, leaving out some of the major cuts and bruises. Combing my hair out of my face with my fingers, jumping just about out of my skin when someone knocked on the tail gate of the jeep.

“I called in the helicopter and it should be here within the hour…Might I suggest something?” I looked up at the man who carried me here, he started climbing in the back. Ignoring the protests of my ’doctor’. He pushed his way to my head then sat me up, sitting behind me and placing a leg on each of my sides. I slumped onto his hard chest weakly and found it in a comforting position. “You don’t want her laying down if she pukes, and she…well she has lashes on her back. It hurts her to lay down. Riley found some ransom tapes they were trying to put together, I heard they’re quite graphic. He’s not very happy.”

“Drink your water.” My doc demanded again, picking it up and putting it in my hands. “Her temp is really high, I’m worried she could slip into a coma if she sleeps.”

“Well then we just need to keep her awake.” The man smiled, stealing the water from me to drip a little on his hand. He then rubbed it onto my forehead, which felt considerable nice. “My name is Andy, I’m pretty close to Riley.”

We all looked up to the door on the shack being slammed. Riley stood raging on its entrance, fist and teeth clenched. He stormed over to the captives and took one by the collar. Starting to scream at him, slamming him against the wall.

“That is a little girl!” He pointed at the jeep angrily. I felt wounded that he called me a little girl, but I didn’t say anything. I was becoming frightened of him. “You tortured a defenseless little girl! For what!? What!?” His solders started watching as well, but clearly on Riley’s side. I found myself shrinking closer to Andy, frightened once more.

My doctor ignored the fight and began taking a soft moist towel to my bleeding finger tips. All the while Andy and I were focused on the fight. My kidnapper started chuckling quietly and got ready to spit in Riley’s face. I wasn’t the only one who seen that, Riley had hit him straight in the mouth right before he could muster the saliva.

Riley’s hand griped the man’s throat, ready to hit the man again. At least that was what I thought, but suddenly Riley was pulling his gun. His man began running to Riley, pulling his off and yelling at him.

“Riley don’t!” One of them demanded, he was the one holding his front; backing him up while the other one stole the gun. “If you kill him he gets off with hurting her, he’ll get life and many more punishments. Its not worth it, you’d be saving him the trouble.”

Riley snorted angrily and then stomped his way over to the jeep. Andy looked a little nervous when he climbed into the back, just watching me. I tucked my feet in so he had a place to sit. When he sat he turned to my doctor to get the information he needed. But there wasn’t much for him to here, he just smiled when he heard that the chopper was on its way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heres the secound chapter, I hope you like it and I would really like to have some feed back :)