Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 54

I sat there at the kitchen counter, Billie, Mike, and Tré watching my hand with much anxiousness. I unfolded it, a shiny tiny piece of metal in my palm, glinting from the kitchen light like the explosion of a nova star focused in on one singular point.

They all leaned over expectantly, all three trying to get a look at my hand. I quickly snatched it from view, my fingers shielding it from their eyes.

"Damn..." I said, letting the metal slip to the counter, Billie Joe eagerly snatching it as soon as it "dinged" against the marble.

"Woo!" he rejoiced, raising his arms up and spinning off his seat, walking over to the fridge. "Heads it is!"

He opened the fridge and got out a bottle, handing it to me. I looked at it as if it would burst into flame.
"Can I have a do-over?"

"Nope, we agreed heads would be beer; tails would let you stay sober. No going back."

Yes, we had.
Damn the "no going back" rule.

"...I'm not so sure about this anymore..." I said, feeling sick already.

"You know the deal, you have to get to the bottom," he stated. I looked at him pleadingly, and he sighed.

"Fine, how about I take every other sip? Then you'll technically finish it without drinking a whole beer."

I smiled widely, hugging him and kissing him warmly.

"Push over," Tré snorted, and I laughed. Billie ignored him, opening the bottle with his hand.

"Ready?" he asked. I shook my head "no" but he handed me the bottle anyways. "Come on, the first sip is always the best..."

I stared at the bottle in my hand cautiously, the cold rising out of it like smoke as if my prediction of it bursting into flames was about to come true.

"It's not going to kill you, I promise..." he said, and I nodded, bringing the bottle to my lips, cold as ice.

Yeah, it had tasted bad. Horrible.
It felt bad going down, making my eyes water and my nose tingle with a small burn that rose up from my throat. It even looked bad, a nasty liquid that almost made me choke with each bitter sip betraying my system.

But man, did I feel great by the end... of the sixth or seventh bottle. The last thing I remember is Billie Joe playing me some song, Tré feeding me bottles throughout it.

"She...
She screams in silence
A sullen riot penetrating through her mind
Waiting for a sign
To smash the silence with the brick of self-control

Are you locked up in a world
That's been planned out for you?
Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?
Scream at me until my ears bleed
I'm taking heed just for you

She…
She's figured out
All her doubts were someone else's point of view
Waking up this time
To smash the silence with the brick of self-control

Are you locked up in a world
That's been planned out for you?
Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?
Scream at me until my ears bleed
I'm taking heed just for you

Are you locked up in a world
That's been planned out for you?
Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?
Scream at me until my ears bleed
I'm taking heed just for you..."


"Fuck," I groaned, waking up and grabbing my head. My head pounded, killing me. I felt like my mind was in a hot brain freeze, indescribably painful as waves of torture pounded away mercilessly at my head. Thank god it was dark (with the exception of a small light on the floor), or I would have probably died, shriveling away from the sun like a small pitiful raisin on the ground. I vaguely remembered random things from the night before, though I never remembered falling asleep or being put to bed.

I turned to Billie Joe who was dead asleep, totally passed out. I groggily tried to shake him awake to no avail.

'Wait a second...' I thought, my mind slowly unraveling from a thick cotton. 'Why does Billie Joe not have a shirt on...?'

My heart suddenly sped up, burning the cotton quickly with an alarmed fire. My head still pounded, but was nothing compared to the pounding of my heart, ringing in my throat.

I pulled down the covers, praying he had some-

"Holy shit!" I yelled, falling backwards off the bed. Billie Joe moaned loudly, turning over and burying his head into the pillow. I looked down at myself, almost puking at what I figured my stupid drunk self had done.

I was clothed.

"Oh thank Jeebus!" I yelled, hugging my shirt tightly. Billie groaned again at my loud outburst, but I didn't care.

'God, I've never been so happy to be clothed...'

Billie Joe's eyes opened.

"Shuddup for a second, willya?" he said, and his face took a look of concentration. After a moment or two he shook his head, looking much better. "There. Now...where am I?" I sat on the floor motionless, and eventually he noticed me on the floor, looking up at him.

"...Oh," he said, after a moment, rubbing his eyes. "What happened?"

"I don't know. You got me drunk," I said, now sitting Indian-style on the floor. "I'm guessing you can just will the pain away, while I've got a bitching headache."

"Will it away, no. But I can make it less for myself. For you, some aspirin will do the trick."

I nodded my head, about to ask where it was, when Billie Joe pulled the covers down and stood up on the other side of the bed.

'Wow he has a white ass,' I thought. Billie Joe looked down for a moment, then seemed to freeze, finally noticing his lack of clothing.

"Shit," he said, and he was gone, a door slamming shut on the other side of the room in the same instant. I laughed.

"Ahh, my eyes!" I yelled after him, hoping he would hear.
He soon came back with a towel wrapped around his waist, rooting through the drawers like nothing had happened. He was facing away from me so I couldn't see his face.

"What, no free show?" I joked, smirking.

"Hey babe, just say the word and it's all yours," he said, not turning around and still looking through his drawers. "I'm not ashamed of my body."

He got out some clothes, and turned to walk out the door long enough for me to see part of his face.

"Are you... blushing?" I asked, seeing a light tint of pink on his face.

'I didn't think it was possible for him to blush.'

"Well...shut up," he said, exiting. I laughed again, totally surprised.

'Who knew he had a human side to him?'

"I don't have a human side to me!" he yelled from down the hallway.

"Get out of my head!" I yelled back, causing the echo of his deep laughter to bounce back at me from down the hallway, dancing around in my head.

He was suddenly back, now fully clothed.

"Enjoy the free show?" he grinned, sliding a pill from his hand to mine.

I swallowed it down dry, him watching me silently.

"Unfortunately your ass wasn't the only thing I saw," I admitted, trying to push him out of my head.

"Unfortunately? That cuts deep," he said. "Did you like what you saw?"

"No comment," I said, blushing. He laughed adoringly and sat down next to me, mirroring my Indian-style pose. He sat there studying my slightly pink face for a moment. I decided to change the subject.

"Why do you have aspirin anyways?" I asked, wondering what possible use they could have it for.

"Who said it was aspirin?" he asked, and I laughed, hitting his arm. "No, when you live in a house with one very loud Tré, sometimes you need it."

I nodded.

"Do you remember what happened last night? Why were you naked?"

"Don't remember. I think my clothes had either gotten very wet, or were on fire. Or maybe both, hopefully in reverse order. Why don't we ask Tré—he probably had something to do with it," he said, standing up.

"Do you think he would remember?" I asked as Billie Joe helped me up.

Once I was standing erect I swayed slightly, grabbing my head with my free hand that wasn't holding Billie's.

"You ok?" he asked, steadying me with his free hand, resting it on my arm carefully. I nodded after a moment.

"Yeah, I got up too fast," I said, grinning sheepishly. My heart leapt as Billie Joe picked me up bridal-style, instantly bringing me back memories with the motion. Luckily I was pretty sure Billie was out of my head, as he said nothing.

"I guess you're still feeling the drink then," he said, and I nodded, putting my arms around his neck. I was afraid of falling, feeling unsure in his unfamiliar hold.

"I won't drop you," he promised, though I kept my arms around him anyways. He then spun around in a circle, making me shriek and him laugh an adorable light chuckle. He stopped and pressed his mouth against my open one, taking the advantage and slipping his tongue into my mouth playfully, initiating a spirited and sexy kiss that made my heart bubble for the first time in what seemed like forever.

"You taste like alcohol," he grinned once he broke the kiss, leaving me dizzier than before.

"I must taste awful," I cringed as he carried me down the hall into the main room.

"Not at all," he said, entering a hallway I guessed led to Tré's room. We walked to a doorway, Billie Joe pausing for a moment. I let go of his neck and twisted the handle, Billie kicking it open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Y'all
Wanna know what's cool?
When I checked this during work today (i couldnt update then unfortunately because i needed to update the song that's in the player-it's "She," by Green Day, by the way-)
I had 500 readers, 80 Subscribers and 200 comments
(I wish I could see who was the 500th reader and 80th subscriber, but all i can know was that Adie Vixen was the 200th commenter)
Isn't that pretty cool?

....*Drops dead*

Ali is not here or dead at the moment, so please leave your comment after the beep.
*Beep.*