Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

The Fight Will Soon Begin

"Where is that damn thing?" I muttered mostly to myself.

I was searching for a book I knew I had. It was the only thing I knew about my mother before she showed up at my door weeks ago. It was a book totally about magic that witches could manipulate. I scanned through it a couple times, but I never found it very interesing. Then again, this was the first time my powers were anything more than a curse.

I found it in one of my many book shelves littered with old scripts that didn't mean much to me anymore. They were just kinda there.

Flipping through the pages, I found the words that I needed.

Spell of the Lost was clearly printed at the top. It was exactly what we needed right now.

I ran down stairs and grabbed everything the spell called for. Black candles, chalk, salt, maps, anything it needed.

"Move this." I demanded pointing to the couch Ronnie and Oli were sitting on while they were watching me run about. They quickly followed my hurried directions.

I spread the map flat on the now showing floor. I then drew a pentagram acorss the floor with the chalk and outlined it with the salt. It definitley would be there for a while. The black candles were at the points, and were burning bright in the almost pitch black room now.

"Somebody get me the necklace that is hanging in Midnight's room." I said lighting the last candle and trying to keep it lit.

Ronnie jumped up and was back in a second holding the black crystal in his hand.

It dangled from a silver chain that looked like it was cheap. The crystal itself was darker than the night would be, and if you looked into it long enough, you would see spots of white appear. I didn't know what kind of rock it was, if it was one at all, but I knew it could channel all of a witch's power into a single task. I never had one myself. Midnight said me wearing one of these in the point of my training I was in would be far too dangerous.

"Da quaeso charitatem spiritus, regens rei securitatem et non inveni redde." I chanted dangling my hand over the map. I concentrated all of my power, actual and will, to find him.

I could feel something flowing through me. It seemed very similar to anger. It seemed like every single one of my emotions were being drained from my body and going to the balck obyss that is the world.

My life seemed to flash before my eyes. Every single thing I ever regretted, loved, hated, cherished, destroyed, created. Every single thing.

My wrist seemed to snap faster in every single direction it could go. My breathing got ragged. My heart was beating at a normal speed. If I opened my eyes, I'm sure all I would see was black spots.

Then I saw it. I saw that bitch with Max. I saw her whispering something in his ear, and a look of terror spreaded over is now bloodied face. He looked beat down, broken. Never had I seen him like this. I had to remind myself that this wasn't real. This wasn't what was happening right now.

She lifted her hand, and something glimmed. She plunged it into his heart. He gripped at it, trying to rip it out of the bloodied mess where his chest was. The life seemed to drain from his face.

"NO!" I screamed. I felt the chain slip out of my hand as bady seemed to slip out of conciousness.

Everything went darker than it was supposed to be. Everything went black.

Time Lapse


I shot up. Images were still clear in my head. They wouldn't leave. They replayed and replayed and replayed until I wanted to rip my own eyes out to get them to stop.

Sweat was dripping down my body. My breath and heart beat were still irregular. It felt like I just awoke from one of the many nightmares that seemed to haunt my waking moments now.

I was on the couch. The pentagram was gone. There was no salt on the floor, and the burned out black candles were resting on the table in front of me.

I tried to stand up. My head was swimming with things I couldn't explain, but I ignored my body's protests and tried to find Ronnie and Oli.

Walking into the kitchen, I heard other voices that didn't belong to the people I was looking for. Everyone seemed to be here. Frank, Gerard, Ray, Bob, Mikey, Shawn, Monte, Robert, Ronnie, and Oli. They all were here. The only one missing was Max. He was the only one who could complete this picture.

"What are all of you doing?" I asked. My voice was hoarse and raspy.

"Devising a plan to kill your bitch of a mother." Monte said quickly. Ray elbowed him in the ribs right after.

"Ow. She was going to figure it out sooner or later." He defedned.

"Let me see." I said ignoring their confused glances.

"These plans suck." I muttered looking over the map that had written all over.

Apparently Max was somewhere in the warehouse district. There wasn't much security there, or at all for that matter. These were witches though. They made their own security.

"They would have traps set up all over this place. Magic traps at that. They front entrance would be heavily gaurded so would the back. You would want to go through a window. You espically don't want to set of any alarms that they might have placed." I explained pointing to random parts of the paper laying lifeless in front of me.

"So, what do you suppose we do? Just storm in there with no plan?" Shawn asked. I never really heard him speak that much. His voice was interesting to say the least.

"Yes, that is exactly what I expect you to do. These are witches. If there power is anywhere close to mine, they can tell exactly what you are going to plan before you even do. The best plan for fighting them is no plan."

"That's insane. We would be going in blind." Bob piped up.

Gosh, a person goes missing and all of the quiet ones become chatty. The one person who wasn't talking that I expected to wasn't talking though. Ronnie sat there silently glaring down at the paper in front of me. Any one in the house could feel the rage coming off of him in waves.

"No, you wouldn't be going in blind. The one thing I never told Midnight while she was trainging me was that I know a lot more than she thinks. I can tell you right now where all of there traps would be."

"How can you do that?" Frank asked.

"When she was trainging me, she would stop at the basics. That annoyed me because I could learn a lot faster than she taught me. I practiced at night, and I am almost as strong as her now. Trust me. I know what I'm doing. I wouldn't risk it, not for this."

"So, let's go." Ronnie said through gritted teeth. He got up from the table. His chair screeched on the floor from the force. I followed him out of the room.

"Ronnie." I said once he stopped on the porch.

"We don't have time to waste." He said. "We need to leave as sson as we can."

"You don't think I know that? Max means as much to me as he does to you. I know the importance of getting him back."

"No, you don't." He started sternly. "I have waited patiently for two and half years to finally get him to see me as anything more than his dom friend. I finally got a chance with him, and your mother decides now that she wants to take him away from me."

"I know how you feel, Ronnie. I can feel your emotions, remember? But, trust me. We are going to get him back." I said putting my hand on his shoulder. He nodded his head quickly. He didn't believe me. How could he?

We decided that the fertiles, besides me, definitley would stay at the house. The doms went by foot to the warehosue district. It wasn't far, and we all had enough energy to get there quick enough. We all seemed to sprint at hyper speed.

All of us cared for Max, and the fact that witches had him made us all he angrier. Nobody, and I mean nobody, on the planet earth would ever touch a ertile without brutal and serious consquences. All of those who were caught in this sceme were going to be killed, and they were going to be killed very slowly.

It was a good thing really. All of these witches had been wanted by the vampire communtinty for years, but no one was ever bold enough to try and stop them from reeking havoc. No onw until us that is.

We all had something to gain in this battle. The witches would kill of some of the strongest upcoming doms known to man, and we had the satisfaction of being able to torture them slowly and got out muched loved fertile back in our safe arms. This was a battle that no onw wanted to loss, but someone was going to have to.

A certain stink hung in the air as we got close to our destination. We slowed our pace to one that we were crawling behind crates, scared of being seen by whatever that had panned for us.

It was my turn now. I muttered the memorized words under my breath. My vision streched to where it was supposed to go. In this type of vision I would see a mist where spells were placed or where traps were casted. I then would infrom the others what I saw, and we would move accordingly.

It didn't take long until we were right infront of the building where everyone could sense they were. The front door was trapped, as was the back but so were the windows. The only way in was by knocking on the door.

I could see clearly inside the building. The witches were all standing protectivly at an entry point or around an unconcisous Max. There was one missing though. One of the witches who was sitting at my table though wasn't there. Midnight was there, though. She was talking to one of the others.

"There's no way in." I whispered to the other doms.

"What do we do now?" Gerard asked.

"I have a plan, just back me up when I give you a signal." I said after a moment of thought.

I muttered more memmorized words under my breath. My appearance would seem to ripple to an outsider's point of view. I tried to remember what the missing witch looked like. If the only way was knocking, then I guess we had to knock.

When my appearance changed to that of the one I needed, I walked straight to the door. This is one the fight really began.
♠ ♠ ♠
The spell in this is an actual spell. I just changed it to latin because I can. Spell check still hates me, sorry.

Team Tyler