Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

My Fault. This Is My Fault. This Is All My Fault.

"Christine, you’re late!" Midnight yelled with authority the second I walked in the rusted, old warehouse in my new body.

"I know. Things went a little slower than planned." I replied the way I hoped the woman talked.

"It doesn't matter now. Are all the trap set?" She asked eyeing me suspiciously.

"Of course. The vampires will never get in here. How would they even know how to find the place? We left without a trace."

"You always were one to get cocky too quickly." She said and a breath I had been holding. "What kind of traps did you use?" She asked not a second I was feeling better. I sucked that breath in again.

"My strongest, of course. There is no way they can get past them." I replied wearily.

"Don't underestimate these vampires. From the research we have done, we know that these are some of the strongest vampires we have seem, and they aren't even full grown yet. They will definitely surpass the older generation." I almost wanted to smirk at her comment, but I held it back.

"Still, they don't have magic on their side." One of the witches butted in.

"Oh, but they do. They have Linda Doyle on their side." She said with a sort of confidence, but there was something else in her voice. Something that seemed very similar to a child that told her mother they she wasn't afraid of the thunderstorm last night when, in fact, she was terrified.

A chorus of gasps and mummers came from the rest of the witches. I tried to mimic their reactions, but I didn't know what they were all excited about all of a sudden. My name shouldn't spark this much interest nor should it spark any type of fear in these powerful witches' hearts.

"You didn't tell us we were going up against her!" One said.

"Yeah, now we don't stand a chance!" Another screamed.

"She has far too much power!" Said another.

I was in panic mode. They couldn’t' be talking about me, could they? I had very little power compared to everyone in this room. I'm the one who should be saying all these things about them.

"Enough!" Midnight yelled silencing the crowd. "Yes, she does have lots of power, but I was her teacher. Everything she knows, I taught her, so we know her limits. Besides, we have her little cousin here. She would never risk his life for her own personal pleasure." She continued.

I almost had to smirk at that. One, she still didn't know that I taught myself far more than she taught me, and two, she didn't know there was a group of very angry doms willing to risks their lives right now for the very boy she said they wouldn't.

A groaning came from Max's fallen from, and everything stood still. I caught my breath. Thank god he was still alive. He wasn't in the best conditions, but he hasn't moved in the past two minutes I have been in here, so my worries had gotten a hold of me.

"Oh, it looks like our little guest has awoken." Midnight tormented. She leaned down and grabbed Max's hair, pulling his head back. He hissed in pain, but he still had a mean glare on his face.

"Why are you doing this? Linda will never help you." He spat.

"She would for you, little fertile. She loves you very dearly, but honestly, I don't see what's so great." She said back with as much hatred in her voice as his.

"She will kill you. Every one of them will kill you all. Your deaths will be slow and painful, and you will regret every single thing in your life." He growled.

Midnight dropped his head then and kicked him square in the ribs. All I could do was bite my tongue. He coughed for a moment, but he started laughing. Max was always good with pain, and he definitely liked taunting people. This was fun for him.

"You all will be slaughtered, and I'm going to dance on your graves." He chuckled.

"Watch your thoughts, boy. They will not defeat us. They do not have nearly as much as our power." Midnight spat at him kicking him again.

"Then why do you look so scared?" He mocked after a second of more coughing.

This was all I needed to get nice and pissed. I don't know if the boys outside could hear any of this, but then again they started getting pissed a good hour and a half ago.

We needed to execute our plan of not having a plan now, or never, but first I needed to get a knife. It was my favorite fighting tool.

"Midnight, did you get the tool I told you I would need?" I asked. I knew the girl I was faking was cocky, so she probably didn't have lots of direct contact with Midnight herself. Midnight hated cockiness.

"I was not aware that you needed tools." She said confused.

"I told one of the others to tell you that I needed a knife for the fight. Did she not tell you?" I asked like I was shocked that she never received the news.

"No, but it is no bother. You can use mine. I don't use it much anymore, but it does have some strong magic laced in it. So, keep your emotions in check or the knife will go berserk." She said getting a knife from her belt and tossing it to me. I caught it with ease, and instantly felt the power it had.

The knife seemed to do the same as the black crystal that now hung around my neck. It seemed to control my magic into one point. Oh, how easily I could kill some of these bitches with this.

"Thank you." I muttered looking over the sharp blade with a predatory look on my face.

"It's fine, just get ready. The last premonition I had they were making a plan to come here and fight for this worthless piece of shit." She said spitting on Max. He cringed but ultimately didn't do anything.

"Oh, I'm ready for a fight, but one thing you should know Midnight," I paused. I flicked my gaze up to her. She was waiting for me to continue. "Never call my cousin a worthless piece of shit, or I will rip your vocal chords out and feed them to you raw."

Her face immediately changed, but she was too late to react. I lunged for her throwing my body and all my magic at her. My form rippled back to its original one, and everyone gasped trying to figure out what to do.

I made a cry of some sort, and all the doms flew through the door. They instantly starting fighting the witches. We were outnumbered, but only by a few.

I pointed the dagger in front of me aiming right for Midnight's heart. One of us was going to die because of this fight, and I was going to be sure as hell that it wasn't going to be me.

She side stepped, but I managed to cut a pretty, little cut right into her hand. She hissed in pain and used her magic to throw something from across the room at me. I dodged but used the same object to try to hit her. It dropped to the floor because the magic that was controlling it was too strong.

"I didn't know you were capable of such trickery." She said.

"You shouldn't underestimate me." I replied aiming a punch at her. It caught her jaw, and her head whipped to the side.

She made a jump kick for me, but I held the knife in front of me cutting the flesh all the way up her leg. She dropped to the ground.

She muttered a few words, and I slammed back into the ground. The knife dropped out of my hands and did one of those stupid movie moves where it flew across the ground to the other side of the room. I tried to get back up, but an invisible force held me down. My attempts were useless.

"You cannot fight me, young one. You still have much left to learn." She said spitting up a wad of blood.

""And you as well." I said through gritted teeth.

I lifted my arm, muttering a few chosen words, and Midnight hit the back wall. So, here we were both using spells to kept each other away. Neither of us could move, so the fight right now was really up to who could escape first.

I struggled against my restraints. I tried using a few spells I knew that could cast away others, but it was useless. Midnight was having just as much trouble. My magic wasn't going to work right now, and my strength has failed me.

I muttered one last spell using all my magic and all my strength to lift off of the ground. My clothes ripped, and cuts appeared on my sides. I panted. Midnight was still stuck to the wall.

I found the knife across the floor, and it instantly came to me. My magic was strong now.

I stalked up to my prey slowly. i wanted to make sure she was nice and scared. Oh no, I planned to knock her out and then feed her to the torture happy doms later, but this was just too much fun.

"I imagined this to be more, oh I don't know, intense." I said bringing the knife to her throat.

"This isn't over." She coughed. I could tell new wounds were coming up everywhere on her body. She was trying too hard to get away from my magic. Maybe she was trying a bit too hard. She wasn't focused the much.

A few beads of blood came off of her neck, and I realized how sharp the blade actually was.

"Look around. The doms have already killed half of your little witch army, and the others have fled or unconscious. You are stuck to a wall with a knife to your throat, and holding the knife was the very creature you were trying to destroy. You have lost the battle." I said looking behind me briefly to see every dom covered in blood and slowly stalking towards the little scene I had created. It was a terrifying sight, and I could tell because Midnight gulped causing more blood to fall down her pale neck.

"The battle may be over but the war has just begun." She said.

"Oh, I know, and I expect great battle in the future. Ones that you will not be attending, but just know, you'll never stand a chance." I said before releasing my magic and watching her drop to the floor like a rag doll.

"She's all yours boys, but make sure she doesn't die too quick. She needs to feel all the pain she caused the entire world." I continued before turning and ealking away.

"You would do this to your own mother?!" She screamed hunched over on the floor, gripping her sides in pure agony.

"Who's the abomination now, Lindsey?" I asked not turning to look at her. Using her real name instead of her witch name disgraced her, especially in front of others.

I walked over to where Ronnie was crouched over an unconscious Max. He probably got knocked out during the fight, or maybe it was because of that blood seeping out from under him. Wait, blood?!

"Ronnie, where is the blood coming from?" I nearly screamed running and sliding to where I was right next to them both.

"I don't know, but it won't stop. We need to get him to a hospital, now!" He replied very concerned.

"Where is the closet one? You are going to have to run him there." I scrambled. The blood was coming out so fast. He could die at any second from this.

"Two miles, maybe." I tried to think at a time like this. It seemed inevitable that this was going to end in a failure.

"Let's go." I screamed.

Ronnie hoisted Max over his shoulder and sprinted as fast as he could. My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. We can't lose him now, not now. We just saved him. He wasn't supposed to die when we were trying to save him.

We sprinted through the now dark forest. Trees whipped past us. Some whipped us with their needle threaded bracnches. My sides were in pain. I could hardly breathe. Blood was coming out of my own wounds, and my heart was too fast for healthy measures. But, I didn't care. I just wanted Max safe.

We got to the hospital in record time. The pearly white walls were now in our sight, and we could smell the stench of death and antibacterial spray. It was oddly comforting at a time like this.

Ronnie ran in first. The doctors crowded him immediately, I suppose because the only thing I saw was Max being whisped away down the many white halls of what seemed like they were going to bring my own insanity.

The line kept repeating in my head, screaming at me the turth that I needed to admit as I waited down the many corridors.

This is all your fault. This is all your fault. This is all your fualt.
♠ ♠ ♠
8 pages with spell check because I am that good.

Team Tyler