Don't Try and Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

Past Is The Past

When I finished cooking dinner, Oli ate it quickly. Like really quickly. Like he has never eaten anything in his entire life kind of quickly. I on the other hand ate as fast as a normal person, so Oli was left to his own devices and just stared at me. Like usual. Neither of us had said anything for a while, and if this was going to be like at my dad's house I should just leave now and save everyone the trouble.

"If you're not going to talk to me, I could go to Ronnie's and talk to Max." I said.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Where you from?" He gave me the 'are you serious' face.

"England, if the accent didn't give it away."

"Continue talking." I said.

"Ugh, um, I was born into a clan in southern England and then a witch came along, Midnight Prowls if you heard of her, with a couple friends and killed everyone besides me and my parents. We moved here, and then she came back for us five years ago when she knew we survived the last time. She killed my parents and I barely escaped with my life." He said. I suddenly became very pissed. My own mother personally killed my mate's family. The window flew open, and the glass smashed on the floor. I sighed and calmed down.

"Uh, sorry. Didn't meant to do that." I said.

"Not your fault."

"Yeah, it is." He gave me a questioning gaze. "Um, you over heard that I had witch's blood." He nodded. "Well, my mother left before she taught me how to use my power so when I get angry or frustrated or anything my power just slips out of control. So, uh, where's your broom?" I asked.

"I'll go get it for you." He said and left the room while I grabbed the plates and put them in the sink avoiding the glass on the floor. He walked back in and I started to clean the glass, and he started to clean the plates, which was weird because doms usually don't clean at all.

"I can do that, you know. You can go do something else or what ever." I said.

"I've been doing the dishes for five years. It's kinda weird to just have someone come in and do it for me." He said and I nodded and went back to cleaning the glass.

A couple minutes later we had migrated to the living room. We were doing homework over the coffee table when Oli leaned really close to me and snatched my pencil away from me.

"Do you mind? I'm trying to do history homework." I said.

"Yeah but you're doing it wrong. Trust me this is the history of the vampire kingdom in Britain, and last time I checked I was born there and you weren't." He started looking over my homework and I looked over to his homework. He was studying for what I assumed was his torture class for the pictures oh human anatomy. "There you had the people wrong making you get the rest of it wrong." He said looking at me. I then realized just how close he was. His face was a couple inches away from me, and I could feel his cold breath on my face. He took in a shaky breath and ran his fingers through his hair while he sat back.

"You never told me about yourself." He muttered.

"What do you mean?"

"I told you all my family's messed up history, and you haven't told me yours."

"You don't want to hear it. Trust me."

"Try me." I sighed and leaned back hitting the couch since we were on the floor.

"Well," I started, "My dad met my mom, his mate, when they were in high school. She was a witch so of course she refused to be his mate for many years until she realized that he was the only one she could ever love. She ran away with him because a witch falling in love with a vampire was totally out of the question, and her family demanded that she kill my father. They were happy together for many years, and then they had me. When I was about two, my mother's family was killed by vampires and she went insane. She said that she could never love a vampire and that I was an abomination to both kinds, and then she left my dad. He then went into a great depression, and I haven't said a word to him until I moved out, and I haven't seen my mother since she left."

"Who was your mother?" He asked.

"I can't tell you. You would hate me if you knew." I replied.

"I could never hate you." I took in a shaky breath.

"Her name was Lindsey Covil, better known and Midnight Prowls." I said going back to do my homework so I wouldn't have to look at him. I could tell he was angry. I could feel it. My hands started shaking, and it was becoming harder to breath. This wasn't the type of rage that turned fertiles on because it was directed at me. He seemed to realize what he was doing to me and walked outside.

After a good ten minutes, I finished all my homework and started to worry about Oli. He hadn't come back in, and I hadn't heard his motorcycle leave so he was just sitting out there. I walked outside to see him smoking a cigarette. I sat down next to him and grabbed the pack that was sitting next to him. I lit the cigarette and inhaled deeply leaning back on one hand.

"I told you." I said taking another drag.

"This just gives me more reason to hate her."

"Yeah sure." I muttered.

"I'm serious. She doesn't have the right to call her own daughter an abomination of species because as far as I'm concerned you're pretty fucking perfect."

I couldn't help but smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun. Will she accept her mate? Who knows.