Status: Completed!

Cold As You.

And now that I'm sitting here thinking it through.

"Um, why the fuck is Kennedy and John standing outside?" Kara asked as she walked in and she immediately ran over to me.

"What's wrong?!"

"Pretty sure Garrett broke up with me in a sense, John is a fucking liar and Kennedy won't leave until we talk." I said and she sighed, "Ok. Ok. Well Garrett didn't seem mad so we will save that for last. Jon lied? About Kennedy I assume."

"Yes. He knew he was coming back and he kept it from me."

"Asshole..." she mumbled, "...and Kennedy?"

"I don't know. I showed up and he was here! And I cried and here we are."

She sighed, "Fuck if Pat gets here before he leaves he's dead..."

I groaned into my knees and she sighed, "Ok. Let me see what I can do."

I watched her open the door up and I didn't bother to look over.

"Kennedy, two minutes. Don't step in. Go." She said and I clutched my legs closer to me.

"Are you serious?!"

"A minute and a half!"

"Ok! Ok! Cassidy, I, fuck, I don't know what to say. I messed up and I won't blame you if you never forgive me, but I love you. I know that has seemed like complete bullshit these past few weeks but I mean it." He whispered and I glanced over at him to notice he was now sitting down leaned against the frame of the door.

"Hey, do you rememeber your junior year when we had art together?" He asked and I simply nodded as I shifted my eyes back to the wall in front of me.

"Well, I remember one day in art you convinced me to skip lunch because you had gotten in an argument with Kara. Nether of us had a car that day so we just walked the two blocks to the park. I remember I had never been so nervous in my life simply because I had never been alone with you and I didn't know how to act without embarrassing myself so I just kept quiet the whole way there. You didn't seem to be offended by it though and once we got to the swings you began talking to me about Pat and everything like we were best friends. So needless to say that's the day I fell in love with you. I remember on the way back you held my hand and I picked a flower for you that you ended up wearing in your hair the rest of the day. The thing I remember the most about that day is how you made me feel. It's how you make me feel every moment I'm with you now. Like nothing else matters but us." He whispered and took a deep breath before continuing, "So needless to say after that day with you I decided I was going to ask you to prom..." he said causing my eyes to move to him quickly.

"But, well Ben whoever his name was, beat me to the chase. I think that's when reality set in though. That I was stupid for thinking you could like me so I decided to just push it away and ignore the feelings I felt for you. I think I've done that for so long Cassie that I don't know how to not. Does that make sense?" He asked narrowing his eyes at me in confusion.

"Either way, I love you. I have since that day and it's not going to go away any time soon. I just, well, I guess what I'm doing is asking for another chance, Cassidy. I know I don't deserve it, but I think you love me just as much and we shouldn't waste that." He said fiddling with his hands and Kara was staring at him with a grin. Clearly she was back on team Kennedy.

"And don't be mad at John, please. This isn't his fault. He's messed up in this shit because he's friends with both of us. He was just trying to help me out, trust me, it wasn't before he yelled and screamed at me for what I did..." he added and I shifted my eyes to John who was leaned against the other side of the door.

"He's a bit of a softy when it comes to love." Kennedy said and John rolled his eyes causing a small grin to appear on me.

"I know." I whispered and John moved from his spot to me in only a matter of seconds.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." John whispered as he sat on his knees in front of me.

"I know..."

He hugged me to him and I closed my eyes as I held him close.

"I love you Cassie and so does he." He whispered as my eyes locked with his green ones.

"Kara? Pizza?" He asked removing himself from me and Kara nodded picking up the boxes from the pavement and following John into the kitchen leaving Kennedy and I alone which nerved me.

Once my eyes met his he carefully moved towards me. He didn't say anything just wrapped one of his arms around my legs that were still pressed to my chest. He brought his free hand to my face which was now only inches from his.

"Do you still love me?" He asked softly and I nodded as I closed my eyes.

His lips hit my cheek sending all my senses into over drive.

"Good because I love you." He whispered his nose touching mine. I sniffled and he brushed my hair from my forehead.

"Please give me another chance, Cassidy."

"You know I'm going to." I whispered opening my eyes to look at him. A frown hit his lips from that, "Do you want to though?"

"Stupidly, yes."

He sighed and pulled me into his lap, craddling me to his chest. As much as I wanted to just hate him I couldn't and the comfort of being close to him again took over.

"I'll never hurt you again. I swear."

I nodded and buried my face into his shirt.

"I love you so much baby." He whispered as he stroked my hair.

"I'll never leave you again." He added.

"I'm sorry about the whole Garrett thing."

"What? No. You did nothing wrong."

"I still shouldn't have acted that way with him."

"Baby, seriously, it's ok. I know you don't have feelings for him. It's fine. I don't want you to change because of me."

I looked up at him and he pressed his lips to mine, "It's fine. Really. I'm ok with it."

I nodded and he cuddled me to him, "I'm never going to let you go." He whispered, "I promise. I'm yours for as long as you want me."

"Ok." I sniffled and he brushed my cheek with the back of his hand, "I'm so sorry..."

"So am I."

"You have nothing to apologize for." He whispered and I just shrugged.

"Are you two just going to stay in the floor?" John asked from the kitchen doorway with a slice of pizza in his hand.

"Maybe." Kennedy responded with a chuckle before helping me from the floor. He kissed my lips sweetly and held on to my hand although we were just going into the kitchen.

"Well?" Kara asked from where she sat on the counter with her mouth full of pizza.

"Well?" Kennedy repeated grabbing up a slice.

"Everything right in Kirch, Brock land?"

"Everything is ok." He responded bumping into with a grin as I grabbed a napkin.

"Greatttt. Back to seeing you two making me want to vomit."

"Better then a war zone, my friend." John stated and Kennedy laughed, "True."

"Now, I'll leave telling Pat up to you." I said patting Kennedy's chest and he groaned, "What? No. Do you want me to die? He can't kill you. You're his sister!"

"No man, she's right. You need to tell him." John said and Kennedy sighed, "Fine..."

"Oh the whoas of love." John joked and Kennedy wrapped his arm around me from behind, "Mhm, lucky I love you. I'm willing to risk my life for you." He whispered kissing my head.

I chuckled, "It'll be fine."

"Wishful thinking." John said laughing and I couldn't help but laugh with him.

"Laught it up, but when your boyfriend is dead we will see how you feel." He said before biting into his pizza.

"You'll live. I promise." I responded kissing his cheek.

"Mhm." He mumbled throwing the crust from his pizza into the trash.

"Ok. Well, it's been great to see you two, but I haven't seen my lady in a week, so..." Kennedy said grabbing my waist and pulling me towards the door of the kitchen. I laughed as John made a face filled with disgust, "Ew. Ew. Bad, bad images!"

"What are you assuming, John? Get your mind out of the gutter." Kennedy said with a smirk and I rolled my eyes as Kara spoke, "Right. Ok. Well, I'm just going to leave with John."

"Save yourself!" John said and Kennedy chuckled, "Oh, I swear we need new friends." He said kissing me quickly before pulling me down the hall to my room.

He closed the door behind us and quickly attached his lips to mine, "I've missed you so much." He mumbled against my lips as he guided me backwards to the bed.

"You taste like cheese pizza."

He laughed heartedly at that as I fell back onto the bed.

"Mhm so do you. Odd." He joked kissing me once more.

I wrapped my arms around his torso as he hovered over me.

"Did you miss me?" He whispered his lips trailing over my jaw.

"Of course..."

He wrapped his arms around me, "I know it doesn't mean anything until I prove it, but you'll see. I mean what I said. This will never happen again."

"I know..."

"I'll talk to Pat soon." He mumbled before his lip found mine.

"Soon, as in within the next hour because he usually stays with Kara."

He groaned, "Ok sooner then I planned."

I cupped his face and he sighed, "He's going to kill me."

"And me...but who cares? Just get it over with so we can be together without issues."

"Bossy much?" He joked causing me to laugh, "Just sayin'."

"I know and you're right."

"Always am."

He rolled his eyes before climbing off of me, "Let me go see when he's coming so I can send him a text so he isn't bombarded."

"Good idea. Then come back and cuddle with me." I said with a grin and he chuckled, "Oh...we will be doing more than cuddling..." He joked with a wink and I laughed as he left my room.

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I was happy he was back and appy we were ok. I sat up with a sigh as I waited for him to return. After several minutes though I got up and walked out of my room to hear Kennedy talking.

"I know, ok? I know I messed up and I know I've hurt her and that I don't deserve her, but I love her and she loves me." Kennedy spoke and I groaned knowing that had to mean Pat was here.

"Kennedy, if you hurt her again, I swear on the fucking band I'll hurt you. Do you understand that?" Pat said in his serious tone and I bit my lip waiting for Kennedy to respond.

"Yeah, I get it..."

I leaned against the wall debating on entering or staying out of the fire. Before I could decide though, Kennedy came around the corner causing me to squeal. He laughed and grabbed my waist, "Being nosey much?"

"Well actually I was coming to see what was taking so long then I heard Pat so I stopped..."

"Mhm. Right." He joked ushering me back into my room.

"Well?"

"Well, I guess we're fine." He said with a shrug.

"Oh...ok. Good."

"I'm not worried about it because, well, I love you and no one is going to keep me from you." He said pulling me to his chest as his lips crashed on mine.

"Wow. Where did this bold Kennedy come from? I like it." I teased and he rolled his eyes with a grin, "Yeah, yeah." He dropped his grasp on me and headed towards the door.

"Nooo. Where are you going?" I asked with a frown and he chuckled, "No where babe. I was locking the door."

"Oh..." I mumbled sitting on my bed.

He pulled me down with him and smiled, "Didn't want me to go?"

I shook my head no and he kissed me, "I'm not going anywhere ever again. I promise." He whispered as his hand ran down my arm. I shivered from his touch and quickly pressed my lips to his. Now more than ever I was certain I loved him and I wouldn't rather be with anyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, huh?! See, Kennedy can be Garrett-ish too! Haha.

Thanks for commenting and subscribing! This story now has 90 subscribers! Happy day. :)