How Do I Live Without the Ones I Love?

Dad's still here..

I quickly jumped down from the counter, "Xavier, this isn't how you were supposed to find out.." He looked at me, "How could you do this? He was one of dad's best friends," he turned to Brian, "You were supposed to be one of his friends and..." Brian looked down, "Xavier..this was my fault, your mom wanted to tell you for so long but I didn't know how you would take it so I thought it would be a good idea to wait a while longer until we figured out if it would work or not, I'm sorry bud." I've never seen Xavier look so angry until that moment, he ran out of the kitchen and down the stairs to where Ian and the twins were, "Brian, I don't think this will work..look at how he reacted."
He sighed and hugged me, "If you don't want to be together anymore, okay." I got up and walked back into the living room and sat next to Val, she hugged me, "What's wrong?" I sighed, "For the past three months..Brian and I have been dating and Xavier just walked in the kitchen and caught us making out." Johnny looked at me, "You're kidding, right?" I shook my head, he got up, "I'll kill Brian, I mean it," he walked towards the kitchen I got up and grabbed his arm, "Don't even think about it John. I do love him, he's been the one that's there for me since Jimmy died."
Matt was about to say something when we heard the drums from downstairs start, I looked at Matt, "He never plays when I'm around." Matt sighed and we all walked down the stairs to see Xavier sitting behind Jimmy's old drums, Ian ran over to us, "I told him not to dad, he wouldn't listen to me." Matt nodded, "It's okay Ian," Ian looked at him like he was crazy, "You told me I couldn't touch them, how come Xavier can?" Val sighed, "Because those were his dad's drums and he has every right to play them Ian." Ian rolled his eyes, "But mom I can play better than Xavier," the drumming stopped, "You what?" Ian looked over at Xavier, "I can play the drums better than you can."
Xavier got up and walked over and stood in front of Ian, he towered over him, for being nine years old he was tall, he took after Jimmy when it came to his height, "You're kidding right? My dad was one of, no he was the best drummer to ever pick up the sticks, drumming's in my blood." Ian laughed, "And? My dad still is the best singer ever, not was, is." A flash of anger shot across Xavier's face and before we knew it he hit Ian, "Shut up!" I've never seen him get so worked up, I've never seen him hit anyone, "Get off me! Xavier!" I pulled him off of Ian, "What's wrong with you?" He looked at me, "You and Uncle Brian can't be together! What if dad were still here? He's watching you guys, you know that right? I want him to be here to see me drumming like he wants me to, you two can't ruin what's already been torn to pieces!"
He ran out of the house, I looked at Brian, "How does he know that Jimmy wanted him to be a drummer? I never told him, did you?" He shook his head, "No, none of us have ever told him that Jimmy wanted him to follow in his footsteps."
Xavier's Point Of View
"I hate them dad!" I screamed into what seemed like nothing, I was sitting at the park down the road from Uncle Matt's, "Dad? Please? You said you would always be here watching out for me, I need you now." There was a rustling of branches behind me, "Xavier? I thought you were with your mom?" I looked back to see him, I ran back and hugged him, "Why can't mom know that you're here?" He sighed and looked down at me, "You know I can't tell her because she would be put in danger, I don't want her hurt..." I couldn't help it, "Did you know she's dating Uncle Brian? He's going to ruin our family dad! I won't let him, come back and live with us again. You don't have to keep running from place to place and..you can teach me more on the drums.." He smiled down at me, "You know that's what I always wanted X, but I can't come back and live with you yet."
I looked down, I knew I would cry the next time I saw him, "Please? Don't you love me and mom anymore? We need you, she's miserable without you dad. She's always talking about how it shouldn't have been you and that you should've been able to stay with us, she'd be happy if you came back to us, even though you never really left." He sighed and then looked at my face, "What happened?" I shrugged, "Ian was arguing with me that he's a better drummer and I said you were the best and he said his dad is, not was the best and I got mad and went after him, he got me I guess, I didn't notice until you said something."
He smiled and knelt down in front of me, "I don't want you to fight with Ian, he's the best friend you have right now, okay? I'll come back and visit again in a couple weeks, alright?" I nodded, "But dad, mom's going back on tour with the band. She wants to get back into everything again, how will you find us then?" He smiled again and laughed slightly, "Do you honestly think that I don't follow the band anymore? I know where the concerts are and how to get there, you have nothing to worry about little man." I smiled and hugged him again and he picked me up and hugged me tightly, "Go home.." he put me down and walked back into the shadows.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need some comments, please?