How Do I Live Without the Ones I Love?

Xavier.

"Do you think he'll ever be okay with this?" I looked over at Brian as he drove to his house, he sighed, "Would you relax? He's almost ten years old, he can get over the fact that we're dating by next week." I shook my head, "Brian, he's like Jimmy, he doesn't forget easily. He wants me to wait around like Jimmy's going to come back or something, he doesn't seem to understand that Jimmy's gone and he's not coming back." We got to Brian's and he got out and we walked into the house, he picked me up and carried me to his room and dropped me on the bed with a plop, I smiled up at him, "What do you think you're doing Brian?" He smiled and leaned down and kissed me, "Getting your mind off of Jimmy and back to me," I giggled as he kissed down my neck, "Bri, stop. I don't want to do this tonight," he sighed and stopped, "Really? You come over here and get me thinking that we get to mess around and now your minds to set on Jimmy to even think about me? Damn it Kate," he got up and walked out.
I looked down and turned on my side and slowly drifted off into sleep. I woke up the next morning to see Brian sitting next to me, his phone in his hand, "Kate? Matt just called..Xavier left sometime last night after you left with me..he didn't come back." I sat up, "What're you talking about Bri?" He sighed, "Matt said that Ian told him that Xavier said Jimmy isn't dead, he's just staying away from everyone to keep us all safe from something, he told Ian he was going to see Jimmy.." Going to see Jimmy? I got up and grabbed my keys and walked out of Brian's bedroom, he followed behind me, "Where are you going?" I sighed, "He said he was going to see Jimmy, where else could he go besides the cemetery," I ran out to my car and got in, Brian got in too, I drove to the cemetery and got out. I ran to where his gravestone was, praying that somehow there would be a sign that even if Xavier wasn't there, he was somewhere safe. I got to the stone and seen a piece of paper, I picked it up and read it,

Katelyn,
I love you so much and I'm sorry things are so complicated. Xavier's safe, he's with me, don't worry. I'll keep him safe until all of us are together again..
~Jimmy <3

I shoved the paper in my pocket and ran back to the car where Brian looked at me, "Why does it look like you just seen a ghost?" I reached into my pocket and pulled out the paper and gave him it, he read it and his face went white, "What does that mean? How is Xavier with him? Jimmy's dead! What the hell is going on?" I shrugged and started driving to Matt's, when we got there I ran in, "Matt! We need everyone to see something!" There were footsteps coming from downstairs, I looked to see everyone walking down, Matt looked at me, "What?" I took the note from Brian and gave it to Matt, after he read it he looked at me, "That's Jimmy's hand writing alright..what is going on? Ian said that Xavier told him he's been meeting Jimmy at the park down the road, where all of us used to go."
I couldn't help it, I got up and ran out of the house, I ran down the street to the park, sure enough I seen Xavier sitting on the swing and there behind him, pushing him was..Jimmy? I moved behind one of the trees and stood there watching, listening to Xavier, "Dad? When can you come home? I don't want mom to be with Uncle Brian anymore." Jimmy sighed, "I'll be home soon, don't worry about it bud." I couldn't help it, I ran over to them, "Mom?" I hugged Jimmy, trears streaming down my face, "What the hell is wrong with you Jimmy?!" He looked down at me, "Katie? How did you know we were here?" I looked at Xavier, "Someone told Ian that he meets you here all the time."
Jimmy leaned down and went to kiss me, as much as it hurt me, I turned my head, "No. Why did you leave?" He looked down, "It was to protect you two, they were threatening your lives and still are if I don't work with them for a little bit longer." I shook my head, "Jimmy! You could've just explained that instead of making us think you were dead!" He rolled his eyes at me, "Kate! You don't understand! What's going on with you and Brian now, huh?" I glared at him, "He stood by me through this whole thing! Why do you even care? It's been ten fucking years! Of course I'm going to date other people James!" He shot me a glare, "Don't call me that! You know I hate it when you do that!"
I went to grab Xavier but he pulled away from me, "I'm staying with dad!" I looked at him, "No you are not, you're coming home with me and we're going to talk about this Xavier!" He shook his head, "I don't want to! I'm not coming home until he," he pointed behind me, where I seen Brian standing, "Leaves!" Jimmy let go of Xavier and walked over to Brian, "I leave and you go after Katie?! You know I love her Brian." Brian laughed sarcastically, "Oh yeah, you really love her, leaving her to raise your son on her own for ten years! Making her think you were dead! That's a great way to show that you love someone, isn't it Jim?" Jimmy grabbed him and was about to do something when he stopped, "You're lucky Xavier's here Brian," he walked away and back over to Xavier, he knelt down in front of him and hugged him, "Be good, alright? Go with your mom," he looked at me, "No matter how mean it may seem, she's doing what's best for you."
Xavier looked at me, tears in his eyes, "I hate you!" He screamed and ran off into the darkness, "Xavier!" I was about to run after him when Brian grabbed my arm, "Don't," I pushed him off, "That's my son!" I ran off after him, before I could catch him I heard the screech of tires, my heart stopped....
♠ ♠ ♠
That's a great thing to happen when Katie see's Jimmy for the first time in almost ten years...