Death by Desire

I'm In Your Head

The first day back from break was just a normal day. In every class I had there were countless people asking me what I had done, who I was with, where I went and if I wanted to go to some lame party they were throwing. And like every normal day, I told them everything they wanted to know and said yes to even the most desperate pleas. Why?

It's what the people expect. It's what I expect too. I don't know what it is about me that people like and trust me I'm not trying to fish for a compliment. I genuinely want an answer. But oh well I guess I just have to go with the position I was given. An unjust position of popularity.

I was thinking about this exact thing when I walked into my sixth period AP government class- I didn't even want to be in that class but since my mom was the principal, she had slipped me in. I slid into my desk and placed my books down with every intention of not talking to anyone. So naturally, everyone turned in their seats to talk to me. It was hard but I made an effort to at least smile.

"Listen you wanna come to a party tonight? My parents aren't home!"

"How about we go to the Starbucks around the corner?"

"Wanna come to my house after school instead?"

"You never answered my text last night."

I raised up my hands so they would hopefully quiet down and luckily they did. "I'm sorry everyone but I promised to stay home tonight. It's family night." I licked my lips and made sure to look all of those who invited me in the eye so they knew I was serious. Even though I wasn't.

There was some silence then excited murmurs that they too were going to stay home with their families as well. I sighed. Why was everyone a follower? Why couldn't they all just forget me? I didn't deserve to be popular. I wasn't a perfect student or anything. What did I have that everyone else envied? What was so special about Orion Fiamma?

But even wondering that question made me a hypocrite. I liked some of the benefits of being popular.

I looked over to the window and saw Iris Rose. This girl was something else. She was gorgeous and she knew it, the confidence was electric. Goddamn she was hot.

"Hey." I hissed, trying to get her attention. I saw her stiffen then look at me expectantly. "Got a pencil?"

Within an instant her slut friend Victoria waved a pencil in my face. I ignored her just like I ignored every single one of her texts last night that asked me for sex.

Iris grimaced and pretty much told me to use her friends slut pencil. I was about to say something smart back but the teacher interrupted us. He gave me a detention. I would have been pissed and ditched it, but I knew Iris would have a detention today for not only ditching but lying to my mom about it as well. Maybe I would use this as an advantage.

--

Detention turned out to be a small room with two other people in it and a security guard who was about two injections away from Mr. Universe. God this was so fucking lame.

I turned to walk out and just as the door behind me shut, Iris Rose had turned the corner. I saw the blush on her cheeks. I knew exactly what she thought I was doing, she thought I had waited for her. Maybe I was.

When her long legs had carried her to me I allowed myself a small smirk. "Did you change your mind about us talking?" I didn't hold back my charm, as much as I knew I would regret it later, I liked watching her squirm under my gaze.

Those gorgeous eyes of hers narrowed viciously, "Not only are you cocky but you're stupid as well. I'd appreciate it if you moved out of the way." she growled, never once taking her eyes away from mine.

I had read once that if eye contact lasted longer than a few seconds it either indicated sexual interest or murderous thoughts.

Not letting her get to me, I stepped aside graciously and even added a small bow. She huffed and walked in then hesitated when she saw how lame the class was.

"You can ditch with me if you want." I winked, wondering how far I could push her.

She turned around almost teasingly slow, "I'd rather die." She said sweetly. Honestly I loved that she had no problem telling me what she thought of me, but you'd never catch me telling her that.

"Then have fun in hell sweetheart." I winked as her jaw slightly fell in shock.

I left her like that and as I walked the halls with my head held high I couldn't help but feel like nothing could touch me. It wasn't long until I reached the end of the hall and found my way outside. The front of the school was empty except for some scattered jocks hanging out after practice.

My phone vibrated in my designer jeans pocket. I checked the screen to see a drunken picture of a cute as fuck brunette, tongue sticking out at a funny angle. I answered on the second vibration.

"Hey Pippa." I answered, spying an open spot on a bench. I placed my backpack down and sat.

A bunch of giggling in the background then some yelling greeted me back. "Where are you bitch?" she shouted in her usual way. I laughed and flicked a stray piece of lint off my unbuttoned black flannel.

"Waiting for something to do."

More giggling then, "Shut up! Can't you see I'm on the phone? Sorry my little sister has a crush on you and won't leave me alone since you're on the line." There was some silence, then the sounds of a struggle. I felt my eyebrows come together in confused amusement.

"Pippa?" I asked when I heard a shrill scream.

There was a pause then I heard the phone being picked up. "Ok, I gave her a picture of you from the last time we partied, she'll be in her room drooling over it for hours."

I cringed, "Oh God not the picture of me that you took while I was in the bathroom."

Pippa snorted, "No, freak. The one I took when you were drunk and I got you to model for me." She sounded a bit seductive but I played it off. No use it thinking something was there that wasn't.

"So are you gonna get me or not?" I sighed, running a hand through my hair, soft and getting a bit long but I heard that the girls liked it.

"Yes, I'm coming now. See you in a few." she hung up and I was left staring at my phone. And thinking about Iris. I felt something now, something warm in my stomach that I couldn't stand. Something deliciously delicate that I didn't want to think to much about but I knew for sure it had something to do with that insane girl who must have been fuming in that detention room.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: BFMV