‹ Prequel: I Woke Up in a Car

Yesterday's Feelings

25

Things were taking time. Much longer than I thought. Between negotiating a deal, at work, on the house and being civil to John, it was a long several weeks. John and I were sort of talking and I had resumed staying in his bed, but only because Dani had insisted I snored so loud I hurt her ears (rude).

John had asked me out on a date and I had thought about it, and accepted. I stared out the window, my thoughts all occupied on the house. There had been a bidding war, though I had won, and was free to move in any time. I couldn't wait to tell Dani and Eric. I wanted to shout it from the rooftops.

"You look nice tonight." John said softly as he drove through town.

I smiled some, "You look nice too." I said, my hand resting gently on the older man's knee.

We pulled up outside of a small retaurant, not much looking on the outside, but the inside was wonderfully decorated. Lots of japanese themes, even teppanyaki. I blushed when I suddenly realized where we were; The place John took me on my last night in town when I visited with Dani.



I laughed with the older woman next to me as we both jumped when the chef in front of us lit the volcano of onion rings aflame.

"You look lovely dear." She remarked, causing me to blush, "First date?" She asked, looking at John and I.

At first I had been apprehensive to talk to her. I didn't know this woman, but, at the same time, i felt like she was the best person, "Um, No, just a night away." I smiled a little, "I fly out for New York in the morning. This is sort of a treat for us."

Shortly after John and I placed our orders for Sushi and our meal, a bottle of Sake arrived, the aprty of six agreed to buy some Sake for John and I to have. The woman complementing on us that we looked so happy together for such a young couple.




I took a seat with John at one of the teppanyaki tables, another couple of parties were already there. John held my seat like a gentleman. I was surprised that John was being so gentleman-ly after all the fighting.

"Thanks." I said quietly, looking at John.

John looked pale, he looked nervous, he looked... he looked good. He was wearing a blazer and some blue jeans and a plain tee. I smiled some. "What?" He asked, looking at me. He'd even had his loose dread hair tightened up a bit for tonight.

"You look very handsome." I said before turning to the menu, John bringing his chair closer to mine.

"We should order some sake." John said, smiling a little.

"Yeah, we should." I said.

All of this was a sort of an awkward formality. John wasn't normally this dressed up. Something was up; He was pale and nervous, something unusual for John. We ordered dinner with the other parties and enjoyed the show the servers put on. Everyone was quietly eating their suspected food and John and I were sipping quietly on our sake.

Some members of the other parties were getting loud and John must have seen this as an opportunity, "You remember this place right?" John asked, a bit out of the blue.

I looked perplexed, "Of course I do. It was when you brought me here on vacation, asked me to stay." I said. How could I forget, it also involved diamonds, but mostly John asking me to stay.

John nodded a little, his hands were shaking, "Good." he said softly, pausing.

I took the opportunity to look at John, my hand on his. "I need to tell you something." I said, suddenly finding myself nervous as well. I didn't know how he'd take the news that I was leaving. I didn't know what else to do.

John smiled some, "Me too." He paused, taking his last drink of Sake. "on three?"
I gave a nod, "One.."

"Two.."

"Three" I said, taking a deep breath as we readied ourselves to speak at the same time.

"Arianna, will you Marry me?"

"John, I'm moving out."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Light With A Sharpened Edge by The Used

Hope you guys have enjoyed the updates, kind of a shock and not how I'd seen these last two chapters going. let me know what you think!

Hope everyone is having an ah-mazing summer!