Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

Just Say When

Brittany-

Alex was having another party. I was in my room getting ready when there was a knock at my door. The four boys stood their with their jaws dropped. Zack and Rian shut their mouths as I drew closer. I stepped up to Jack and Alex and put a hand under each one’s chin and closed their mouths.

“Excuse me boys.” With a quick sway of my hips I walked out the door. Tonight, I was going to do to Alex as he’s done to me. As a group we made our way across the road to Alex’s house.

By eight o’clock, the party was in full swing. People were drinking and dancing. Alex grew angry as I danced with some random guy. I was enjoying the fact he was getting mad. He came to us and pulled me off to the side.

“What the fuck is that?!” His words slightly slurred.

“What is what?”

“That!” He pointed to the guy across the room who was now dancing with some other
girl. “All over you like-”

“Like what Alex?” I snapped.

“Ugh. I can’t believe you! You’re the quiet chick no one talks to by day but now you’re-”

“I’m what Alex?! Making friends?”

“I don’t know. Other guys just want to hook up with you.” He groaned in annoyance.

“How does that concern you? At all?”

“I just- I’m-” Just then something came flying at him and hit him on the head. He collapsed to the floor clutching his forehead. I knelt down beside him. The crimson liquid trickled down his face.

“Alex let me see.” I pried his hand away from his face. I rushed into the kitchen and grabbed paper towels and a bag of ice.

“Fuck it hurts.”

“I’m taking you to the hospital. I picked him up and guided him to the front lawn. “Stay here, I’m grabbing my car.”

I sat alone in the waiting room of the emergency room as I waited for Alex. I don’t know why I was so worried about him. It was just a small, little gash. A nurse walked up to me.

“Brittany?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you with Alex Gaskarth? He’s asking for you.” I nodded and she lead me to his
room. There was a single I.V. in his arm. The nurse walked off leaving the two of us alone.

“You okay?” I asked as I looked at the wound.

“Yeah, minor concussion, ten stitches and they’re keeping me overnight for observation because I had alcohol in my system.”

“Well that’s good. I suppose.” Do you want me to get you anything?” I offered.

“I’m starving. And I’m sorry I blew up like that.”

“Anything in mind?”

“Whatever looks good.” He smiled. I came back with chicken tenders and French fries. I sat in the chair next to his bed. He skimmed through the channels as he ate his food. “What’s wrong?” He nudged me.

“Nothing.”

“Bullshit, now come tell Alex what’s wrong.” He patted the bed motioning for me to sit there.
“Come on…” I sighed and sat with him.

“I don’t know what’s wrong. And why should I even tell you? I looked up at him. He put a rough, calloused hand on mine. I moved my eyes away only to have him lift my chin up with a single finger so our eyes made contact. It felt like a fire burning inside me at his touch. He leaned in closely and placed a soft kiss on my lips as I fluttered my eyes shut. Fireworks.

Brittany

Alex
♠ ♠ ♠
Shout out to confidentcoward, moonlightkiss, Kevin Skaff, firecatfish, Jonathan Cook, jennabobenna, aybaybaywee, socoollikewhoa124, livinthedriversseat and carey21 for the comments! and all of my subscribers! and runawaykristen for the message! love you guys!

xxxxBrittany