Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

With Intent to Start a Fire

Brittany-

My head throbbed. As I opened my eyes I saw a nurse standing over me. I groaned slightly. She pushed a few buttons before attending to me.

“It’s nice seeing you’re awake Brittany. You’re boyfriend here, has left you at all.” She smiled. “You just need to take it slow for a few days. I nodded. Zack, Rian and Jack walked in the room. I looked to the couch where Alex was lying with my daughter on his chest.

“Hey you’re awake.” Rian whispered.

“Will you look at that?” Zack chuckled as he went to and pointed to Alex.

“Can you wake him up?” I asked. Jack took a quick picture before waking him.

“Alex, dude. Wake up. She’s awake.” He shook him gently. Alex sat up gently careful not to
disturb the sleeping child.

“Guys can I talk to her alnoe for a minute?” They nodded and left us alone. “Why’d you do it?”

“I don’t know. But can we please not talk about this now?”

“Fine, but we will talk about this later.” He sighed. He sat on the edge of the bed facing me. Glancing at my lips then at my eyes, he started leaning down. As he leaned down I met him half way for a light kiss. The kiss was short and sweet, like the previous one.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t want you to worry. I didn’t think you would care.”

“Of course I would.” He laid next to me. “Uh, Maddy called me ‘Dada’. I don’t mind it.”

“Alex, i- I don’t know how I’m gonna tell her that you’re not one day.”

“Actually, I was thinking.”

“About?”

“You. Us, I mean I really like you and Maddy. Maybe we could give us a shot.”

“I don’t know alex.”

“Please. Let me prove it to you. Let me prove I love you. Can’t you just get used to the fact that someone might actually love you with everything in him?”

“Alex, it’s just not that simple.”

“Come on, I admit to you I love you but-”

“Lookm I’m not saying yes, but I’m not saying no. Okay?” He nodded and out his head on my shoulder.

“You know, prom is coming up. Do you have a date?”

“No.”

“Now you do.” I heard my daughter giv off a muffled cry. “I got her.”

“Dada… Mama…” She cried clinging to Alex.

“Mommy is okay Madelyn.” I reached out to her as Alex put her on my bed. He sat on the
other side of her.

“BEAR!” She screamed as Jack came in the room. She jumped off the bed and ran right for him.

“Hi Maddy.” He chuckled.

“Dwinoser!” She said excitedly.

“We’ll play dinosaurs in a few. I gotta talk to Mommy and Alex okay?” She nodded before he handed her to Rian. He and Zack took her out to the hall. “So…”

“What Barakat?”I sighed.

“Are you, well you know…”

“No. Not yet at least.”

“And why the fuck not?!”

“It’s just complicated.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i love you guys for all the comments! thank you to everyone who's commented and to the subscribers i wanna hear from you too! <3
xxxBrittany