Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

The Flames are Getting Out of Control

Brittany-

Yet again alex and I were back to our normal ways. Arguing. I never knew if he meant something. He would say he was serious about one thing then say he wasn’t about another. We had just gotten back from my grandmother’s funeral. I didn’t feel like going out tonight and he flipped.

“Damn it, aren’t you listening to a word I’m saying?” He yelled, causing Maddy to hide behind Zack. “Fuck, whats wrong with you?”

“Alex, I just lost my grandmother. She was the only family I had left besides Maddy! I have no one left! All I have is Maddy.” I tried to remain calm. “I thought you loved me Alex. Make up your damn mind.”

“Whatever.” He got up and left.

The next morning, Mrs. Barakat offered to watch Maddy whenever I was at school. I walked to my locker from my car with Jack. I spun my combination and opened the door. Yet another note fell from my shelf.

“What’s that?” Jack took it from me. “Another one?”

“I guess so.”

When I say I love you, please believe it. When I say forever, know I’ll never leave you. When I say goodbye, please promise me you won’t cry because that’ll be the day I die. ” Jack read it dramtically.

“I wonder who it is. I mean it doesn’t matter anyway. No one even likes me at this shit
hole at all.”

“I like you.” Jack poked my cheek. “You’re one of my best friends.”

“And you’re one of mine Jacko.” I sighed and slid down the wall.

“Whoever attempts suicide and fails, they’re a failure at life.” Kara giggled to Lisa.

“I know right.”

“Hey shut up about her. She’s a great person. At least she’s not a whore like you guys are.
She’s one of the best people I know. And her life doesn’t concern you.” Jack yelled.

“Hey Kara.” Rian smiled as he walked up to us.

“Hey boo.”

“We’re over.” He said as he slung an arm around me. She slapped Rian across the face before walking away. “Here comes your douche lover, Brit.”

“He’s an ass.”

“Not always.” His voice sent chills down my spine. I pushed past him and went to the girl’s
restroom.

“Ugh, what am I gonna do?” I put my face in my hands.

“I know one thing.” A voice said from behind me. “Make him jealous.”

“Why should I? He’s not worth my time.” I looked at the person behind me in the mirror.

Alex-

She’s right. I am an ass. I was an ass. I was in love with her yet I treat her like
shit.nothing can ever go right for me. I watched as she came to Rita’s Italian Ice with some random guy. I think his name was Damon. Wait- no Devin. Whatever. I felt my heart shatter as I watched them kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jonathan Cook and kew_atl for commenting! <3333
xxxBrittany