Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

I Hope the Air Serves to Remind You

Brittany-

Today was the day we would say good bye to Delaney for good. My friends and I all stood in front of the empty school together. We thought about the times we shared together this year. It all came flooding back to me.

Freshman Year:

I was nervous leaving the comfort of my middle school. I never had any real friends before and my parents told me that this could be a good thing for me. That it could be a brand new start, where no one knew me. I wanted to believe them, but something in my gut told me that it would be a long four years of torture.

First thing in the morning I had to find my locker. It was next to a tall lanky boy. I didn’t know who he was, so I stayed quiet. He looked down at me and smiled. Then another boy about his size came up to him.

“Yo, Jack. How was summer?” The second boy asked the first.

“Great. My parents made me do chores and shit.”

“Who’s this?” He nodded toward me.

“I’m Jack, and this is Alex.” They both looked at me.

“Uh, I’m Brittany.” I said quietly.

“What classes do you have?”


Sophomore Year:

This was when the abuse started. This is when everything started. I was now a few
months pregnant. No one knew about it. I was terrified to speak, but you would expect that from me. I’m afraid of everything. I started cutting and started starving myself in hopes of being better. I had hoped that people would like me more if I was skinnier. The anorexia only stopped during the pregnancy.


“Hey, let’s go. The ceremony is about to start guys.” Sevie said as she looked at the time
on her phone. We nodded and headed out to the court yard. We met our classmates inside the main hall leading out.

“Okay, get in order and then we can head out!” One of the teachers said. As we walked out we faced our families and friends. We took our seats. We were all called one by one. Jack was one of the first and our friends cheered for him as he was handed the diploma. Finally we all had our diplomas and were ready to toss our caps in the air and really say
goodbye to Delaney.

“Now, I present Delaney High School’s Class of 2006!” The principal announced. We all threw our caps in the air. We did it. Jack was next to me.

“I can’t believe we made it!” He grinned. He picked me up and hugged me.

“Me neither. I can’t believe you guys are going on tour! I’m so proud of you.”

“And you’re going off to college! I’m so proud of you for that. I’m gonna miss you so
much though! Who else am I gonna get to have shopping cart races with me in stores?”

“No one, but I mean we’ll still see each other Jacky. I promise. Tonight we can spend biffle time together. Okay?” He nodded.

“Home Alone and candy and ice cream?” I laughed at this boy’s childlike qualities.

“Yes Jack.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another post for my wifey! i love you. and this is probably ending tomorrow or the next day, depending on what i get done! comments = faster updates