Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

Bring an End to Promises

Brittany-

The final bell rang throughout the high school dismissing us for the day. I walked to my locker alone/ the guys were at their meeting with Hopeless. As I opened my locker, my books fell out and to my feet as well as a small scrap of paper. I just want you. That’s it. All your flaws, your mistakes, your smiles, your giggles, your jokes, your sarcasm. Everything, I just want you. The hallway emptied out as I retreated to my car. Who could’ve put it in my locker? Part of me thought it was a joke. Yet another part of me wanted to believe it. As I pulled into the driveway of my house I saw my mother standing at the door. This wasn’t good. When I reached the door, I was dragged inside by my hair. A hand stuck my face. My cheek stung. I was tossed to the floor as if I were a ragdoll before being kicked in the stomach and ribs.

“Get the fuck up!” I did as she said only to have a fist collide with my mouth. After she was done, she was passed out on the couch. I stood in my room packing a bag. I had to leave. I dialed Rian’s number.

“Rian? I need you right now.” I rushed. “I don’t know, okay? But I’m on my way right now.” I raced out to my car and threw my bags in. I peeled out of the driveway not bothering to look back. I pulled up to Rian’s house to see him waiting in the front for me.

“What the fuck happened?!” He wrapped me in a hug.

“Easy, my ribs hurt.”

“We have to tell my mom. We need to get help, this is crazy.” I nodded and we went
inside. “Mom! I need you!”

“Yes, Rian?” She walked into the room. “Oh my, honey, what happened?!” She looked at me. Rian gave my hand a comforting squeeze.

“My- My mom.” I said quietly.

“I’m calling the police.” That night I stayed with Rian. Jack, Zack and even Alex were all there. For once, Alex and I could be together and not try to mutilate each other.

“This is a first,” Jack piped up. “You and Brit are in the same room and not trying to kill each other.” We all looked at Jack then at Alex.

“She had a rough day.” Was all he said. Sometime during the night I woke up. I snuck outside to get some fresh air. The cold February air was harsh against my exposed skin. I pulled my jacket around my body tighter. The door behind me opened. Looking behind me I saw Alex stepping closer to me.

“What are you doing up?” I looked at him.

“I couldn’t sleep. But I could ask you the same thing.”

“Can’t sleep.”

“Aren’t you cold?” He asked stepping in front of me.

“No.” I shivered.

“Bullshit.” He moved behind me and wrapped his arms around me in an effort to keep me warm. “I’m sorry, for everything. I had no idea that-”

“It’s fine, Alex. Once I’m eighteen and I graduate I’m out of here. That way I don’t have to worry about anything.”

“Everything will be okay.”

“You don’t know that. I don’t want people telling me lies like that.”

“I can promise you that.” The next morning I was placed in a foster home. They were a
nice family. It was a big house. My room was spacious. For the first time, I felt at home. I looked out the window. There was Alex. He looked up and for the first time, smiled at me. I found myself smiling down at the shaggy haired boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, the comments kind of trickled down to a stop. keep the comments coming. please!
comment for a chapter!
xxxxxBrittany