Status: c'est fini.

The Nerd Boy

I'd give this role another try;

Image
It wasn't like I was following Oscar to see what he was doing, I was just curious. Maybe, I was lying about that one. Kennedy just didn't seem to be the person I thought he was, his true colors seemed to be shining behind the smiles and craziness that usually was Kennedy Young. I wanted to make sure that nothing strange was going on. I was looking out for Oscar, that's all. 

As I came nearer to where they had stopped, which happened to be at the back of the school near the bike sheds I heard Kennedy talking. Why was I even here? This was completely pointless; I didn't need to be here. I thought about turning back and leaving them to their own business, Oscar would be fine. 

Although, a second later Kennedy suddenly leaned in, his lips on Oscar's own. I froze where I was standing; shock was the first thing I felt before that was taken away by searing anger that was building up inside of me. I wasn't in the right state of mind; all I wanted to do was rip that Kennedy apart. 

Finally, he pulled away from Oscar; I found it in this moment to make myself noticeable. Both Kennedy and Oscar looked at me at the same time; at last they noticed my existence. Kennedy's opinion of me eavesdropping was clear to be pissed off due to the glare he was giving me. 

I looked at Oscar, noticing the frightened expression on his face growing as he saw me. Did he expect me to beat Kennedy up? Yes, I was thinking it, but I'm not going to do so. Oscar was not even aware of what I felt for him. I was not even sure what these feelings were for him either. 

"You're not wanted here, Francis. Can't you see we're busy?" Kennedy smirked at me, making that feeling of hatred for the boy only grow more. 

It was funny how not that long ago Kennedy and I were quite close, now I can't even look at him without envisioning him pushing up daisies. 

I tried to calm myself down but I was failing miserably at keeping my composure. I breathed in deeply and grabbed Oscar without looking at Kennedy's face. 

"Where do you think you're taking him?" Kennedy asked. 

I sneered at him. "Don't think just because you've been best friends with him that I'll let you win." 

Oscar and I left him standing there, gritting his teeth as he stared after us in resentment. This made absolute sense now though, this was the reason why Kennedy had stuck around Oscar, because he too liked him a little too much to be only best friends. 

Oscar finally talked as he whacked my hand off his arm. "That was absolutely nothing, I don't know why Kennedy did that at all. But most importantly, what did you mean by that just now?" 

I could have hit myself because of my stupidity. Oscar did not need to know about my stupid crush over him, besides, it was embarrassing. He wouldn't let me stay quiet, he stared at me expectantly, one eyebrow rose. 

"It's really nothing, just something between Kennedy and me," I assured him, but he did not look convinced. 

He stood in front of me, determined to get what he wanted. "I am not stupid you know. I am an apparent nerd for Christ sake. Just tell me what the heck is going on!" 

Even if he was a nerd, he didn't seem to be putting the pieces together; it wasn't that hard to guess the truth. Maybe he did realize it, but he didn't want to believe it. I could see Oscar doing that, although, I wasn't ready to tell him anything. 

"I'm sure you will figure it out at some point, Oscar."

Image


Kennedy and I were at war, a war over Oscar who seemed oblivious to that fact. The boy himself however, didn't seem to act differently to Kennedy's kiss that day. Kennedy would make advances but he'd just think of it as Kennedy's usual silly behavior. Somewhere, deep inside, I felt sorry for Kennedy. Oscar hadn't taken it seriously at all. He seemed to have forgotten the conversation he had with me. I was glad at that; I didn't really want to explain everything to him. 

Kennedy had returned to his usual personality but even so, he'd find ways to irk me and remind me who was closer to Oscar. I acted like I didn't care, when I was urging to punch his face. He was doing the same thing now. I was watching the two of them from the other side of the cafeteria. Kennedy was giving Oscar a piggy back around the room as the smaller boy yelled in protest to let him down. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what I could do to become closer to Oscar. 

Carson broke my train of thought when he squirted my face with the apple juice carton that had been left on the table. The juice dripped down my face; I glared at him as he shrugged. 

"What did you do that for?" I punched him lightly on the arm. 

He snickered. "Oh, I'm sorry lover boy, too engrossed with the nerd boy over there?" 

Carson moved his head to Oscar's direction to prove his point. I looked at him before turning back around to look at Oscar who was now sitting down and laughing. He looked really cute when he laughed.

I rolled my eyes at Carson's remark. "That's rich, coming from the boy who has a crush on a certain teacher." 

I looked up at him expectantly as a tint of red that matched his hair appeared on his cheeks. No one knew this, but Carson was bisexual. He had only told me the secret; something like this could ruin a reputation. 

 That was precisely the reason I could never tell the truth to Oscar, my popularity would decrease immediately. I didn't want everything that I had built to go to waste.

"I do not!" Carson shook his head, although I could always tell when he was laughing. 

An idea popped in my head, a devious one but of course I believed that it would never come into action. I just wanted to see Carson's reaction. 

"Let's make a deal okay?" I told him, he nodded seeming interested. "If Oscar is the first one to tell me he likes me then you have to tell that teacher what you feel about him."

"No," Carson objected quickly. 

I patted him on the shoulder. "It's not like Oscar would ever be the first to tell me he likes me. The chance of that is pretty slim, it might not even happen." I really hope it does

He looked thoughtful and I expected him to decline completely. Instead he shocked me by sighing. He nodded, coming to an agreement. "Fine, but this is a really stupid idea." 

I seriously believed that I would break before Oscar got the chance to feel anything for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know where the ending thing came from.
I just thought Carson needed some love, poor boy has a completely tiny role in this.
Well, anyway...Guys, don't hate Kennedy! He's doing these things for a reason!

xxxwretchedxxx
Dying Rose
anna is shameless
LoserWithDreams
trixcereal
IceDeath.
Rae M Wakefield
Kade Holloway.
Hot Chelle Rae
imperfecktion
thisxchicksxnotxokay
Garrett Hedlund.
forever;yours
ElyRae

xo <3 you all inspire me to write this! Thanks so much :)
Comment&Subscribe?
Don't be a silent reader :)