Sequel: Put Me Back Together
Status: Currently Editing for Grammar mistakes.

You're Not Alone

25; I'm Sorry That I Ever ***ing Cared

Emma's POV

Soon all of the guys were at my house. I was just sitting on the front porch step with my head in my knees. I didn't feel like talking, after I found out the reason he broke up with me. I'm just a piece of garbage compared to Lexi.

"Emma." I felt Jimmy put his hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged it off, not saying anything. I know they were just trying to comfort me, but I just didn't feel like getting comforted. If that makes any sense. I heard Jimmy sigh, and then Brian scoff. "Emma, I know you're hurt about this, but don't shut us out. We're your friends."

Zack butted in, "Exactly. Talk to us, we're trying to help."

A sigh escaped my lips as I raised my head to look at them. "There isn't much to say. Matt dumped me for Lexi, I seen it coming anyways. It's fine, though. I get it, I'm not as pretty as her."

All of the guys gave me disapproving looks. Brian sat next to me, "Get that thought out of your head. Lexi Reynolds is a fucking whore. She's nasty and dirty. She's just a dumb blonde, and you're fucking gorgeous. Don't even try to tell us different."

I just gave a shrug, knowing he was just saying that to make me feel better. Johnny who was sitting on the ground, looked up at me. "What did Matt say to you exactly?"

"He said he was sorry for what he said to me last night and that he still cared about me." I said while clenching my teeth. He's such a fucking liar.

Brian looked at me confused, "What did he say to you last night?"

I pulled out my phone and handed it to him. He read the text messages out loud and then he handed it back. "He's fucking dead!" He said through gritted teeth and stood up. Jimmy put his hands on his shoulders, "Bri. C'mon, not today."

Brian glared up at Jimmy, "I'm done with his shit, Jimmy. I don't care if he's your best friend anymore. I'm going to show he's never going to be mine again." He pushed past Jimmy and I stood up to go stop him. Zack put a hand on my shoulder, "Just let him go."

"No!" I yelled at him. "He could get hurt!" I pushed past Zack and ran to Brian right before got into his car. I grabbed his arm, "Brian, don't do this!" His expression softened a bit. "Emma-"

I shook my head, "No! Don't do it, please." I begged him with my hands still gripping his arm.

He looked down at me, "I'm doing this for you. He needs to get his ass kicked."

"Not today." I said on an instant. "I need you." I sounded so desperate and hopeless.

Brian looked at his car and back down at me. "Okay." I felt relieved as he shut his car door. I wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head on his chest. I felt him kiss my hair, and then the guys came over. I let go off Brian and Jimmy gave me a half smile.

"Let's get your mind off this." Jimmy said, with his goofball grin forming on his lips.

I shrugged, "I'm in."

He clasped his hands together, "Excellent. I want to get a new tattoo, you should get another too." I almost forgot about my tattoo on my lower back. Matt brought it for me. I shook the thought and gave Jimmy a nod, "Sure, let's do it."

We got to the Tattoo Parlor and I was looking at some cool designs as Jimmy was getting some sort of creature on his arm. Zack and Johnny were even getting something too. "Find anything?" Brian said while appearing next to me.

I nodded, "I think I'm going to get this." I pointed to a little monster type thing holding a rose.

He chuckled, "I didn't think you were into monsters."

"They look good on you, so I figured what the hell." I said while shrugging.

Brian smirked, "You think I look good?"

I rolled my eyes and hit him playfully. "I said they look good on you, not you look good."

He smirked, "Sure you did." I could feel my face starting to heat up, so I headed over to see if Jimmy was done yet. He was putting his shirt back on, "Why are you blushing?"

I looked down, "I'm not."

He dropped it and I sat on the seat as the guy was getting his needle ready. "Where do you want it?" I lifted the sleeve of my shirt and pointed it out. The other guys came over and watched. I waited and about 30 minutes, he finished up. I looked at it and smiled.

Brian smirked, "I think they look better on you."

My face seemed to get hot again, so I went to the counter to pay. I noticed Jimmy and Brian talking about something, and for some reason I felt like it was about me, but I just shrugged it off.

Monday

My alarm clock woke me up and I did my daily routine. After finishing brushing my teeth, I grabbed my book bag and headed downstairs. I drank some coffee real quick and I heard a honk. I walked out of the house quickly and locked the door.

I got into Brian's car and put my seatbelt on. He seemed to be in a bad mood, because he didn't say hi or even good morning. I looked up at him, while his eyes were focused on the road. "You okay?"

"Fine." He said with eyes still locked on the road.

I just shrugged it off. We got to the School and Jimmy was leaning against his car waiting for us. Johnny and Zack were messing around with each other. We parked and I noticed Jimmy didn't look too happy either. I got out of the car and Brian did the same.

Jimmy looked at Brian, "Did Matt text you?"

"Mhm." Brian said through gritted teeth.

Zack and Johnny walked over to us to see what was going on. I looked at Jimmy, "What did he say?" Jimmy shook his head, "He kicked us out of the band."

"What?!" Johnny, Zack, and I said at the same time.

Brian nodded, "Yep, he said that as long as we were hanging out with Emma that we all are out of the band. He found other replacements."

Zack shook his head angrily, "What a fucking asshole! Wait till I fucking see him."

I started to feel like this was all of my fault. They really love their band, I couldn't be the cause of them breaking up. "Wait, he's right." I said interrupting Zack.

Jimmy looked at me like I was crazy, "Who, Matt?"

"Yeah. You guys shouldn't hang out with me. Matt and I will never be okay, so it's probably best if you just leave me alone so you can have your band." I said and it felt really hard for me to say that.

Brian was beyond pissed, "Do you fucking hear yourself?!" He ran his hand through his hair, "We're not going to stop being your friends just because Sanders fucking says so. He kicked us out of the band, so what? We can form our own band, we don't fucking need him!"

I was about to say something when I saw Matt by the entrance. He was kissing Lexi. I don't know why, but it really hurt me to see that. The guys noticed my sudden expression change and followed my gaze. Brian was the first to head over in his direction.

The guys ran after him, so I had no other choice but to follow. Jimmy was holding Brian back, and Matt was just smirking. I really wanted to slap that smirk off of his face.

"You have some fucking nerve, you know that?!" Brian yelled at him.

Matt just shrugged, "I'm looking out for the band."

He almost broke free from Jimmy, "What does Emma have to do with the fucking band?! Huh?"

"She's a distraction. You guys will always be around her." Matt pointed out while crossing his arms.

Jimmy let go off Brian and stood inches away from Matt. "A distraction? Really? Matt, you're so fucking full of yourself. I don't care if your my best friend, I'm not going to let you push me away from my other friends, so consider me out of the band."

I stood there and waited quietly for something else to happen. Matt looked pissed as Jimmy walked away from him. Zack shook his head at him, "You should know my answer."

Johnny sighed and followed Zack. Matt looked at Brian who I was surprised didn't already deck Matt in the face. He looked Brian in the eye. "Are you still going to be her friend? She's not worth it, she's a loner. Nobody likes her. I think the band is most important."

I could feel tears rising in my eyes, waiting for something bad to happen. Brian didn't say anything, but shook his head. He then raised his fist and hit Matt straight in the eye. Matt started to fight back, and Brian wasn't going to let him win.

Soon Jimmy got a couple hits on Matt, and then pulled Brian off of him. Matt's nose was pouring out blood and he then looked up at me. The tears were still in my eyes, and Matt shook his head, "This is your fault, fucking bitch." Lexi then helped Matt up.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as Brian walked over to me, "He brought this on himself, don't listen to him." Before leaving Matt gave me one last look, and it was a look of sadness. That made me mad, he was now starting to feel bad about this. I just looked back at the ground.

Brian grabbed my hand, "C'mon, I'll walk you to class." He moved forward, but I wouldn't budge. He frowned, but looked at me, "You want to skip again?" I gave a quick nod.

The other guys agreed with me, so we headed back to the cars. I got back into Brian's car and buried my head in my knees. I wish I never met them. I wish I never had to deal with this shit. I wish I was back home in Michigan where no one cared about me.

I felt Brian's hand on my back and I shook my head, "Stop." I mumbled into my knees and then sniffling. Brian wasn't too happy about that, "What the hell is the matter with you?"

"You." I said while raising my head to look up at him, "You're always trying to comfort me, but I don't want it. I'm sick of it." I said and then wished I wouldn't of said anything.

Brian scoffed and shook his head, "Fine. I'm sorry that I ever fucking cared about you. Find your own way home." He said while looking out his window. I gritted my teeth before getting out of his car and slamming the door. He pealed out of the parking lot, and I realized Jimmy already left. The tears started to roll down my cheeks. I messed up, big time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whooaa... guys out of the band? Matt still being a dick, and now Emma shutting out Brian? What's your thoughts about this? Will Emma and Brian ever get together?

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
nyelabee1
hereslookinatyou
MISS M0NSTER ?!
JustThinking
gothique4
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
Hit The Lights
<-- Your comment made my day!♥
shortygirl
RazzyVengeance6661
isinhapaula
fiction;
VivaLaNimrod
You guys are fricken amazing! I passed 200 subscribers, so THANK YOU!