Sequel: Put Me Back Together
Status: Currently Editing for Grammar mistakes.

You're Not Alone

26; Make Me Forget

Emma's POV

I started to walk home. I wasn't going to go back to School. My heart sank when I saw 2 police cars in my driveway. My mind went in overdrive trying to think of a reason for me to skip School. That's exactly why they're here, because I kept skipping School. I hope my Parents don't get too mad.

As I approached the driveway, an officer walked over to me. "Are you Emma Johnson?"

"Yes." I nodded and clenched my hand on my book bag, waiting for him to say I was in trouble.

He scratched his head, "Why don't we go inside and talk?"

I shook my head, "No, if this is about me skipping School. I just didn't feel very well."

"Miss Johnson, this is something a bit more serious." He said calmly.

I frowned, and unlocked the front door to let him in. I led him into the Living Room where we both sat on the couch. I started to wonder what he could possible have to tell me, and he cleared his throat. "Today, we found your parents at a drug party."

A groan escaped my lips, "Great. How long are they in Jail for?" That's all my Parents really did was party. I actually think that's reason why we moved out here was so they could party.

He frowned, "I don't know how to say, but your Parents are dead." As soon as I heard dead I zoned out. It couldn't be, they can't be dead. It's impossible.

"-They overdosed on prescription pills." He finally announced.

I shook my head, "No. You're wrong."

He grimaced, "I wish I was. I know this must be very hard on you, is there anybody I can call? Family? Friends?" He asked and the tears started filling up in my eyes.

"I don't have any other family." I said and tried to prevent myself from sobbing.

The Officer seemed to feel bad. "Any Friends I can call for you?"

I pulled out my phone and handed it to him, "Jimmy." I said as a tear rolled down my face. "Tell him what happened." He gave a nod and stepped out of the room leaving me alone.

I was doing a very good job of holding everything in. I feel like this is a bad dream and I'm going to wake up from it any minute. I really don't even know why I'm this upset about it. They never even cared about me. I buried my head in the arm of the couch and let it all out.

A couple minutes passed and I heard, "Oh, God. Emma!" I raised my head and Jimmy ran over to me. He pulled me into his arms and I just sobbed on his shoulder. He held me close. "Just let out, butter cup. Let it out." He didn't have to tell me that twice.

His shirt was stained from my tears. I managed to raise my head to look at him. "I shouldn't be upset about this. They never cared about me." A half-sob noise escaped my mouth.

Jimmy put his hands on both sides of my cheeks, so that he was looking at me. "Emma. They still were your parents. You only get one set of parents. It's okay to feel upset, sad, or even angry. Deep down they loved you, and you loved them. They didn't have to show it for you to know that." I broke out in another sob and Jimmy pulled me back into his arms.

A lady walked into my house, "Hi, Emma. I'm Sarah. I woke for the Social Services for minors. Now, I went through the list of family members to see who you'll be staying with-"

I cut her off, "What do you mean? I'm staying here."

She sighed, "I'm sorry, but you're only 16. You need some sort of guardian. I contacted your Mom's Brother in Michigan. He's going to be here by the end of the week to pick you up."

I shook my head, "No!" Tears rolled down my cheeks. "I can't leave!"

The lady smiled apologetically. "That's the way it's gotta be. I'm sorry." She left and I faced Jimmy. "I can't leave you guys. I need you!" He nodded and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. He didn't say anything as I cried on his shoulder. I think he was afraid I was going to break or something.

"Call the guys." I raised my head to look up at him in the eyes. "Tell them what happened."

He nodded and I stood up, "I'm going to go lay down in my bed."

Jimmy raised an eyebrow, "Want me to come up there with you?"

I shook my head, "No, I want to be alone."

"Alright, I'll be down here if you need me." He said as I walked up the stairs into my room. I laid myself into a ball on the bed and just cried. As soon as I was almost ready to stop, it would start back up again. I heard footsteps I figured it was Jimmy, so I didn't move.

The bed sank down a little and I heard his voice. "C'mere." I raised my head to shockingly see Brian sitting there. I figured he'd be too mad to see me. "I thought you were mad at me?"

"I could never be mad at you, Emma." He said as I leaned into his open arms. He kissed my head and I let out all of my tears on him. He didn't say a word, just held me. It seems nothing is going right for me now. I tightened my grip on Brian and he did the same.

I pulled my head back to look up in his chocolate filled eyes. "Bri.."

He pushed my hair out of my face, "Yeah?"

"K-kiss me." I managed to get out through my tears.

Brian looked at me confused, "Emma, I don't think-"

I cut him off, "Please! Brian, make me forget this. Somehow, anyhow." I pleaded with him.

He gazed into my eyes for a brief moment, and then crushed his lips against mine. I deepened the kiss while putting my right hand on his cheek. Brian was really shocked by this, but nonetheless returned it.

Brian's POV

I couldn't believe what I was doing right now. It was so wrong, but I couldn't stop. She doesn't want this, she's hurting and vulnerable. I was letting her have control of the kiss, and she just kept deepening it, so I returned it. There was no way I could just turn her away.

She put her hands on my neck and pulled me on top of her. I put my hands on each side of her to balance myself. I broke the kiss to look into her eyes. They were bloodshot, and filled with tears. I wanted to be with her so bad, but this wasn't the right time or place.

A stray tear rolled down her cheek and I kissed it away with my lips. Her arms snaked around my neck and pulled me closer to her. I placed a soft kiss on her lips and laid next to her. Emma adjusted herself, so that her back was against my chest. I wrapped my arms around her, and she tugged on them, so I tightened my grip on her.

After laying like that for awhile, she finally fell asleep. My thoughts started running all over the place, trying to figure out if Emma really meant this, or if she was just trying to stop the hurting. Whatever it is, I can't get upset. She's needs me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe, Emma. :'( So what do you guys think? Does Emma really like Brian like that? Or was she just doing it to stop the hurting? Also, she's got to move back to Michigan. Do you really think she's going to?

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
MISS M0NSTER ?!
MemoriesMakeMe
gothique4
crazyforhim07
isinhapaula
LoveisVintage
oncy22
KellShadows
Star Angel
JustThinking
CiaraVengance
Ilovea7x
SevenfoldGirl_
NobodyCares
The comments you've been giving me are really amazing. It makes me want to update everyday. ♥ Thank you! <3