Sequel: Put Me Back Together
Status: Currently Editing for Grammar mistakes.

You're Not Alone

29; Promise Me

Emma's POV

I threw my clothes into a suitcase and sighed. It was Thursday night and tomorrow I was going back home to Michigan. About 3 months ago if this was happening I would be happy, but now I don't want to go back. I have friends that care about me, I never had that in Michigan.

My door opened and Johnny, Jimmy, and Zack walked in. I grabbed my suitcase and tossed it on the floor. They all plopped on top of my bed. I zipped up my suitcase and looked at them. "It's all done." Zack and Johnny looked at the floor, not knowing what to say.

Jimmy's mood saddened, "Can't you just come live with me? Please, my parents won't care."

This made me smile. They care that much about me. "Jimmy, you know I would in a heartbeat. I can't though, Jack will call the cops or some shit like that. I don't want you guys to be dragged down in that."

Zack looked up at me, "We'd do it for you."

"I know, and that's why I love you guys." I said while taking a seat between Jimmy and Zack.

They both wrapped their arms around me, and we stayed like that for awhile. "Okay, I'm kinda getting jealous. Where's my hug?" Johnny asked with a whine.

Jimmy glared playfully at him, "No one wants to hug you short shit."

That made Johnny look at the floor with a fake pout. I moved out of Jimmy and Zack's arms to go over and him a hug. "It's okay. I love hugging you." I pulled him into a hug and Johnny smiled. I let go and looked around, "Where's Brian?"

Nobody said anything and I got worried. "Guys?"

Zack sighed, "He didn't want to come."

I started to get upset. "What do you mean? This is the last day you guys get to hang out with me before I leave. Why wouldn't he come?"

"He said it would be too hard to say good-bye." Jimmy answered my question.

Doesn't he care about what I want? I can't just leave without saying good-bye. I crossed my arms and looked at the floor with my mood suddenly changed. "Hey, just forget about him. If he doesn't want to come see you before you leave, then that's his fault." Zack tried to make me feel better. If only it was that easy.

Jimmy looked up at me and grinned, "Let's go do something crazy!" He said trying to lighten the mood.

"Like what?" I asked while sitting back on the bed.

He tapped his chin. "Let's go swimming at the beach!"

I looked at my alarm clock. "Jimmy it's like 8 o clock, isn't that a little too late to go?"

He shook his head, "No! Swimming in the dark is so much fun!"

Zack and Johnny both agreed. I shrugged, "Okay, but how is that something crazy?"

"You'll see." Jimmy smirked.

I looked at Zack and Johnny, "I'm scared."

"You should be." Johnny said and Jimmy slapped his head.

We all got off of my bed. "Crap, I packed away my bathing suit already."

"It's okay, you won't need it. Just bring some towels." Jimmy said.

I frowned and looked up at him, "What do you mean I won't need it?"

Jimmy chuckled at me, "Just trust me, okay?"

I shrugged and walked into the hallway. I opened the closet and pulled out 4 big towels for us and followed them out of the house. Jimmy got in the driver's seat and I got into passenger seat, while Johnny and Zack got in the backseat.

He backed out of the driveway and I flicked on the radio. Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses came on and I smiled. Jimmy glanced at me, "You know this song?"

"Who doesn't?" I asked.

Everyone laughed except Johnny. Jimmy glanced in the rear-view mirror. "You don't know this song?" He shook his head. I turned my head and glared at him, "What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you even know who sings this?" He shook his head as a response.

Zack hit his shoulder, "What is wrong with you? Guns N' Roses are like The rock band!"

Johnny rubbed his shoulder. "Well, sorry I don't know them, so stop hitting me." He whined.

We all shook our heads in shock. Jimmy turned up the volume, and all the way there we were singing the song, except Johnny. He parked the car and we got out. We all walked down the beach till we got to the water. I looked around and it was only us here.

Jimmy took his belt off and dropped his jeans. He pulled his shirt off and grinned at me, "Are you going to strip?" I shook my head, "Nah, I'll just watch you guys in the water."

Zack rolled his eyes, "We're your friends, don't need to be shy about yourself now."

I mocked his expression, "Fine." I pulled my shirt off and pulled my jeans off, so that I was in my bra and underwear. I kind of felt uncomfortable, but they didn't stare at me or anything, so that made me feel better.

"Turn around." Jimmy said and I frowned, but followed his instructions.

I heard them get into the water. "Go turn back around." I turned around and saw them in the water up till their waist-lines. I walked out to the water and Jimmy looked at me, "Uh-unh."

"What?" I asked while looking around.

Zack grinned, "You have to take off your bra and underwear."

I looked at the sand and saw 3 pairs of boxers on the sand. I looked back at them shocked, "I am NOT skinny dipping. No way!"

Johnny chuckled, "C'mon. We'll turn around until you're completely in the water."

"No way!" I said while crossing my arms.

Jimmy grinned at me, "It's your last day in Huntington beach, at least go out with a bang."

I looked at them debating on if I should do it. They were all grinning, so I nodded. "Okay, but turn around." They all clapped their hands and turned around.

I pulled my bra off and then pulled my underwear off. I took a deep breath before stepping into the water. It wasn't cold, so I walked out till the water was up to my shoulders. "Okay." I said and they all turned around. Jimmy grinned, "This is the Emma I like, Rebel Emma."

Brian's POV

I was pacing in the Living Room waiting for my Dad to get off of the phone. I've always been an impatient person. My Dad hung up the phone and looked at me, "He won't do it."

"Why not?" I asked with anger filling up inside of me.

He sighed, "He said that he'll only do it if we pay him."

I looked at him, "Then pay him!" I said like he was stupid.

"Brian, he wants five thousand dollars. I don't just have that laying around." He exhaled, "I know you like Emma and you don't want her to leave, but Son I don't have the money."

I sat down on the couch and put my palms of my hands into my eyes. My Dad patted my back, "I'm sorry Bri. I really am."

"Dad." I said while looking up at him, "I'm in love with her."

He nodded, "I know you are, Son. That's why you should be spending her last day here with her."

I shook my head, "It's going to be too hard to say goodbye."

My Dad nudged me, "Is that what Emma thinks about this?"

I shook my head, "No-"

He cut me off, "Then you should be there. It's going to be hard on you, but it's going to kill her. Go over there, Bri. Let her know how much you care about her."

I nodded, "Okay."

Emma's POV

We swam in the water for what seemed like hours. We played chicken, we had water breathing contests, and we just floated around. It felt like I was a little kid. My fingers started to get pruny. "I'm getting out, I'm getting pruny."

They all agreed, so I got out and dried off with a towel. I told them to wait till I got changed, and they listened. I changed back into my clothes and they got out. I turned around, and waited for them to change. They finished, but I didn't turn around because of what I saw.

Or who I saw walking down the beach. He was wearing ripped blue jeans, and a Metallica t shirt. He got closer to me, and I wanted to smile, but I was standing there.

The guys noticed him and Jimmy got a little mad, "Decided to show up now, huh?"

"Sorry, I didn't think I could handle it." Brian said truthfully and then looked at me. "I'm sorry, but I'm here now."

I clenched my jaw, "You were going to let me leave without you saying good-bye."

He sighed, "I know, but I realized that it would kill you, and me, so here I am."

I just looked at the sand still kind of mad. Brian looked at the other's. "Can we have a minute alone?" They all walked back up the beach leaving Brian and I alone. I bit my lip wondering what he couldn't say in front of the guys.

Brian got closer to me, "Emma." I looked up into his chocolate eyes while he spoke. "I love you so much, not like the guys love you, but I'm in love with you. I know I told you this before, but I need to know if you feel the same way. I can't have you leave without knowing if you feel what I feel."

My heart beat quickened and I continued to bit my lip. I knew I was going to have to answer this sometime, but I was hoping I could get away from it. I could feel my stomach get butterflies, which was new to me. I didn't tear my gaze away from Brian.

I grabbed his hand, "I'm scared."

He pushed my wet hair out of my face, "Don't be. There's nothing to be scared of."

I looked down at our hands. "I don't want to get hurt again. I don't think my heart can take it."

Brian leaned his head down. He rested his forehead on mine and pulled his hand that was holding my hand to his heart. "I will never hurt you, Emma. I love you too much." I felt his warm breath on my face, and it was sending chills down my spine.

I gazed into his eyes, "Promise me you'll never break my heart."

"I promise I will never break your heart, Emma." He said on an instant.

He tightened his grip on my hand to emphasis his promise. I took a deep breath before giving him my answer. "I'm in love with you, Brian."
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOD! Sorry, but I got really excited when I typed the last part out. What do you think is going to happen now?

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
synsdeepinmyblood
isinhapaula
RazzyVengeance6661
JustThinking
OhMyVengenz
Jimmy.Sullivan
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
Star Angel
KellShadows
FaBzShadows
shortygirl
You guys are amazing! <3 Love you all! :D