Sequel: Put Me Back Together
Status: Currently Editing for Grammar mistakes.

You're Not Alone

06; Sleepless Night

Emma's POV

I ended up getting no sleep with Zacky. It was going on 2 in the morning and we were just talking about life in general. I told him all about my life in Michigan and he told me about his life growing up here. I feel like since the attack we've become closer. I feel safe around him, same with Brian too. We heard a car door slam and I looked at him, "My parents are home."

He raised his eyebrows, "This late?"

I nodded and shrugged, "Yeah. Probably out partying or something."

Zacky just shook his head in shock. I heard footsteps come closer to my room and I looked at him, "Closet!" I pointed to the door and he ran to it right as my door was opening.

My Mom walked in, "You're up."

I nodded, "Yeah. It's kind of hard to sleep after what happened."

She sighed, "I heard about it, and I wanted to tell you that maybe you should think about switching Schools."

"What? No!" I yelled out at her.

My Mom seemed confused, "Emma, it's for your own good. I'm doing what's best for you."

I scoffed, "You don't know what's best for me. I'm not switching Schools, you can't make me."

"You've only been there 2 days and a gang tried to shoot it up. It's not safe." She explained to me.

I glared up at her, "I don't care. I'm not leaving the School, like you said I've only been there 2 days."

Zacky's POV

Hearing Emma and her Mom argue, I felt bad for Emma. I didn't want her to leave, she's like a sister to me already. I do understand where her Mom is coming from, but still. It would suck to see her at another school.

"You don't have friends. You don't talk to anyone, so what does it matter if you change Schools?" Her Mom demanded. I was so tempted just to walk out and tell her I was Emma's friend and she has other friends too, but I just gritted my teeth.

Emma sighed, "Mom. I have friends."

"Why don't I see them?" Her Mom snapped.

"Because you're never around! God damn! I was held at fucking gunpoint today, I could of died but, one of my friends saved me. When I was at the hospital all of my friends' parents were there comforting them, and I had no one! You weren't there. Don't you think your Daughter almost dying is an important reason to ditch your parties? I'm so sick of this shit!" Emma explained and I heard her start crying.

I heard footsteps and the door close. I waited and I heard Emma sniffle, "She's gone."

I walked out of the closet and went straight for her. I wrapped my arms around her, "Hey. Just forget about them. If they don't want to act like Parents, fuck them. You got us."

She buried her head in my shoulder, "I'm sorry."

I patted her her back, "You're sorry for what?"

"That you had to hear that, and now me crying." She sniffled.

I pulled back and gave her a 'are-you-crazy' look, "Why are you apologizing? Your parents are jackasses, that has nothing to do with you."

She shrugged, "It's my fault, they're like this."

"How is it your fault, Emma?" I wondered.

"Because, I've never had any friends so they never had to worry about me." She explained.

I shrugged, "Well that gives them the reason not to worry, but the reason not to care."

My phone beeped and I pulled it out of my pocket to see who the message was from.

From: Jimmy
'Hey Bri, Me, and Johnny are headed to Matt's right now. Can't sleep. Are you guys still up?

I read that and started typing.
'Yeah, we can't sleep either. :/'

From: Jimmy
'Well Matt said get your asses over here then. Mrs. S said it was cool. ;D'

I looked at Emma, "Hey. The guys can't sleep so they're heading to Matt's. Wanna go?"

She got worried, "Won't his Mom get mad?"

I chuckled, "Nah. His Mom is cool, plus Jimmy said she said it was fine."

She nodded, "Alright, but we got to sneak out."

I typed back to Jimmy.
'Alright be there in a few.'

I looked back at Emma, "Oh this is going to be fun getting down from your window." She groaned and I chuckled. She opened the window and I stepped out on the roof first. She followed and we stood there.

She looked at me worriedly, "Uh.. How did you get up here?"

I smiled, "The tree."

"Oh god. How are we going to do this?" She asked rubbing her face.

I chuckled, "Calm down Em. I'll help you, it's really simple." I walked slowly down the roof and grabbed the branch of the tree. I swung myself so that I was sitting on it. I looked at her, "Alright come on."

She slowly made her way over to me and I helped her get on the tree. I kept switching branches till we got closer to the ground. I finally got to the last branch and it didn't seem really sturdy. "Emma, you go first." I told her too, because she was lighter than me.

She grabbed onto the branch and let her body swing down and she dropped. I did the same but, I heard a snap and I fell on my butt. She covered her mouth, "Oh my god. Zacky! Are you alright?"

I winced but, chuckled. "Yeah, I'm fine." We got up and started walking. Matt was only 3 blocks over so, it wasn't a bad walking distance. We got up on the porch and I just walked in, because I knew Mrs. Sanders was probably sleeping. I led Emma up to Matt's room and we walked in.

Jimmy stood up, "Emmerz!" I rolled my eyes as he tackled her. I sat on the bed next to Matt.

He smiled at me, "Hey Baker, guess I wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep."

I chuckled, "Nope." Johnny was playing some race car game on the TV and Brian was messing around on his Guitar. Jimmy started talking to Emma and I noticed Matt staring at her. It was like he was amazed. Emma noticed him staring and he looked away.

I nudged Matt, "Do you like her?" I asked very low so she couldn't hear.

He raised an eyebrow, "Honestly. I'm not sure, I just get this weird feeling in my stomach whenever I'm around her." I smiled, "Awe. Mattie has a crush."

Matt rolled his eyes, "I do really care about her."

Jimmy interrupted us by sitting next to me and pulling Emma right next to him. Johnny stood up, "I'm going to get some snacks, who wants to come?" Jimmy agreed to and I noticed Matt give me a look. I stood up, "I'll go too. Yo Haner, come with us." He groaned but followed us.

Emma's POV

The guys left and I was sitting on the bed with Matt; alone. He looked up at me, "I'm sorry about saying what I did to you earlier."

I shook my head, "It's fine, you were right. I just didn't want to hear it."

He looked up at me with a serious look, "Emma. I'm here for you, if you ever need to talk about anything." I just nodded and suddenly my shyness was back.

Matt cleared his throat, "There is something I want to tell you."

My stomach started to get this funny feeling and I just raised my eyebrows, "And that is?"

"I like you... A lot." He admitted and then gave me one of those dimple smiles.

It felt like I melting just staring at him, I finally came back to reality, "No. You can't." I got off of the bed. He seemed confused, "What do you mean 'I can't'?"

I looked at him, "I have to go."

He sat up but winced because of his stitches, "You just got here. Emma please just let me talk to you." I shook my head, "Sorry." and I ran out of the room. I got downstairs and the guys watched me walk out of the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
So why exactly did Emma just leave? Is she afraid of falling in love?

Thanks to readers & Subscribers! <3

Also thanks to: Star Angel for leaving a comment. <3