Sequel: Put Me Back Together
Status: Currently Editing for Grammar mistakes.

You're Not Alone

08; Happy Birthday

1 month later

Emma's POV

A month had passed and everything seemed to be okay. School was getting back to normal, and I convinced my Parents to let me stay. Well actually, it was more of Jimmy that convinced them. He found out I was switching Schools and he went straight up to my Parents and told them, I couldn't leave him. His exact words were: 'Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, you cannot take my dear Emma away from me. I was surprised it worked. Matt and I are good, we aren't exactly dating, but we hug and hold hands all of time. I'll get a rare kiss on the forehead or cheek. I'm glad were taking it slow, though.

Matt just dropped me off at my house. It was now Christmas break, It felt good to finally have a break from School. I was really excited to know that my birthday was just in hours. I was going to be 16 years old.

Midnight

I just got out of the shower and changed into sweats and an old t shirt. I looked at the clock and counted down the seconds. It struck midnight and I smiled, "I'm finally 16." I muttered to myself.

My phone started ringing and I seen the ID flash Brian. I smiled and clicked answer, "Hello?"

"Happy 16th birthday Emma!" He exclaimed.

I chuckled and smiled, "Thanks, Bri." After spending a month with the guys, I finally broke out of my shyness. I don't know how it happened, but it did.

"You're most welcome, my dear. I'll be over with my gift later on." I could almost picture him smiling.

"You didn't have to get me anything.." I simply stated.

Brian grunted, "Well too bad, I did so, get over yourself." I rolled my eyes, he was always very blunt about everything.

He sighed, "Alright. I'll let you get some sleep birthday girl, but if you're not up by noon. I'm coming over there and waking your ass up." He was definitely smirking now.

I laughed, "Alright. I'll be up, thanks again for calling."

"No problem, Emma. Talk to ya later." He hung up. I smiled and laid down on my bed. My phone started ringing again. I sighed and picked it up without looking at the ID.

"Hello?" I asked.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMERZ!" Jimmy shouted into the phone and it almost made me deaf.

I pulled on my ear, "Jimmy. I think I'm deaf now."

He chuckled, "Sorry butter cup. Zacky wants to talk to you."

"Okay." I said while I heard some shuffling.

"Hey, Happy Birthday Em." Zacky said while getting on the phone.

I chuckled, "Thanks Zee."

Jimmy got back on the line, "Get to sleep. The birthday girl needs her beauty sleep, because we'll be over there to celebrate later on."

I rolled my eyes, "Alright thanks guys." I hung up and laid down for a second time. My phone beeped which means I got a text.

From: Johnny
Happy Birthday Little Emma ;D

I rolled my eyes and replied: We're the same height, Dude, but thanks. :)

I laid back down for a third time and closed my eyes. I then realized that Matt didn't call or text me, I just shrugged it off thinking he was sleeping already.

Later on

I woke up to my phone ringing. I groaned before picking it up, "Hello?"

"Mornin' Emma." Matt spoke into the phone.

Suddenly I wasn't tired anymore, "Morning Matt." I smiled.

He cleared his throat, "So how about tomorrow we hang out, because I'm busy today. Got to run some errands."

I kind of got upset but let it go, "Yeah sure."

Matt let out a breath, "Alright cool. See ya tomorrow Babe." I hung up and tears immediately filled my eyes. I mentally kicked myself. It's just my birthday, it's not like he has to hang out with me. I just let the tears roll down my cheeks and I heard footsteps.

The door opened, "Wakey wakey birthday girl!" Brian entered with a huge smile on his face. He then noticed my expression. He walked over to me, "Emma. What's wrong?"

I just shook my head, "It's nothing. I'm just getting over emotional at something stupid."

He sat down next to me, "I doubt that. Just tell me."

I let out a shaky breath, "Matt called me and told me that we had to hang out tomorrow instead of today, but that wasn't the problem. He didn't even know it was my birthday. Even though I told him all last week." The tears rolled down my cheeks again.

Brian pulled me into his arms, "Hey, It's fine, he may of forgot but you still have us."

I cried on his shoulder as he patted my back. I rubbed my eyes, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be this upset."

He pulled back and grinned at me, "It's your birthday and you can cry if you want to."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry. I totally forgot it was Wednesday. This chapter was completely rushed, I'm so sorry. Poor Emma. :( Let's hope Matt will make it up to her. (:

Thanks to the people who left comments, sorry I'll give shoutouts next chapter. Also thanks to the subscribers & readers. You guys are amazing! <3