What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

You Don't Need To Say It Back

*****Max's p.o.v.******


I was leaning into Ronnie's chest when Linda came storming into the room on the brink of tears. I shot out of Ronnie's grasp and rushed over to her because she was looking very confused and very upset.

"We are laving now!" She screamed. I looked over to Ronnie who was already on his feet standing by the front door.

"Alright. Let's go." I said leading to her to the door.

We hurried to the car, and she literally jumped into the car. The entire way there she seemed like she was about to burst into tears at any moment. When we got to the apartment, she raced into the apartment leaving Ronnie and me to wonder what the hell was wrong with her.

"Do you know what got her so upset?" I asked.

"No. I thought she just went to do her homework." He replied.

"Well, we should go check on her." Ronnie nodded and we sauntered upstairs after her.

When we got upstairs Linda was pacing in the tiny living room. She didn't look up when we entered, and she kept muttering something to herself that sounded like 'I should leave. He doesn't want me.'

"Linda, are you alright?" I asked. Her head shot up in Ronnie's and my general direction. Her face changed from the one of anguish to her normal mask of unemotion.

"Yeah, just thinking about stuff. Ronnie are you going to be staying for a while?" She asked in a monotone voice.

"Um, if that's all right with you guys." He said exchanging glances between me and her.

"Fine, just keep it down, and try to control yourselves." She muttered walking off to her room and slamming the door.

"Well, that was quite the mood swing." I muttered throwing my body down onto the couch. I instantly regretted it and cringed from the bruises all over my body.

"Is she usually like this?" Ronnie asked picking my feet off the end of the couch to sit down, and setting them in his lap.

"No, not really. She isn't moody or anything. Just occasionally violent. I've never seen her like this though. Something must have made her really upset."

"Hm well, she went off to do homework, and she was in the kitchen. I know Sarah was in there, so they might have talked. But, if they did Sarah would've been a sweet heart. I mean she usually is to everyone and all."

"Well, Linda isn't one to be offended very easily unless it has something to do with me or her old pack."

"She could just be acting like a girl." Ronnie stated.

"Yeah, I guess." I muttered.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure she's fine."

"I don't know there's just something that isn't right. She doesn't act like this. She doesn't demand things, or slam doors, and the last time I've seen her almost cry was five years ago when her mom told her to leave."

"What do you mean? She seems like she's angry all the time."

"You don't know her like I do. She isn't really angry. She's just broken. You thing that the things she does is out of anger, but if you look close enough you can tell she's just tired, and lonely."

"I don't know. She seems like she doesn't want to be around people. I mean she eats in the library, she only does group work with you, she visibly cringes when new people try to talk to her, and she goes out of her way to stay out of sight."

"Yeah, but have you ever wondered why? Her father beat her everyday. Her pack turned their backs on her. Her mother told her to leave and never to come back, and that it was her fault that her life was like this. She had to take care of her cousin on the streets for two years before she could learn how to hack and get money for us. She had to protect me from all of the assholes at school because I can't fight for shit. She just can't trust people anymore. They've done her too much wrong for her to for give her." I explained sitting up and staring at the floor.

"Wow, that's pretty messed up. I didn't think it was that bad."

"Yeah, no one does. They never think that she is slowly tearing herself apart. Look in her eyes the next time she looks at you or anyone. She just stares, she doesn't even try to hide it anymore. She's just empty. I'm surprised she's lasted this long." I said sadly. Ronnie rubbed my back, and I smiled softly at him.

"She'll get better. She just needs someone like you to help her out."

"I've tried, Ronnie. I've tried everything, but everything I do to get her out of her hell hole she calls her mind she just seems to go in further. I just can't help her. I don't know how." Tears came to the edge of my eyelids. I can't help the one person that has protected me my entire life. I'm a wreck. Seeing my distress, Ronnie wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey, it will be okay. She'll get better. I promise just give her some time."

"How do you know? She hasn't gotten better before she only has gotten worse. How can you promise something when you don't know if it will happen?" Ronnie grabbed my face and made me look him in the eyes.

"I can promise because I know everything will get better, okay? You guys have had a pretty shitty life so far but there is one thing that you haven't had yet, and that's me and Oli and the pack. So, everything will be alright, okay? I've seem a lot of broken wolves in my day and Oli has always found a way to make them better. The best example is sitting right in front of you. I wouldn't be here without this pack. Just trust us. You trust us don't you?" He asked.

"I trust you." I muttered.

"Good. Now, smile. You don't look that cute when you're about to cry." He said kissing my check and sitting back and letting go of my face.

"Aw, well thanks." I said sarcastically.

"Oh, you know I love you." He said. I looked at him for a sec not seeming to notice that he just told me that he loved me. He seemed to be completely sincere, too.

"You just said you loved me." I whispered. His ears perked up and a look cam across his face that people had when they just told someone a secret that they weren't supposed to.

"Yeah well, I kinda do, but don't freak out. You don't have to say it back." He scrambled looking around the entire room.

"I love you, too." I whispered.

"Really?"

"Yeah." And then we kissed. A lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short, but I hit a block.