What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

I'm the Creature Under Your Bed

*****Linda's p.o.v.*****


I can't believe he said that. He didn't expect me to stay did he. I mean, I never stay. I always leave. So, why was I considering it? I wanted to leave, to run away and to never return, but there was a part of me, I don't know how big, but a part that was telling me to stay. I'm insane. That's it. I finally hit my breaking point. If I was thinking clearly, I would already be gone. But, here I am pacing my room thinking of an answer to what seemed like the most difficult decision I have ever made.

You have to leave. He hurt you. You have nothing holding you back. The rational part of me said.

You can't just leave. He begged you to stay. You have to. You can't leave your mate. I won't let you. Some part I didn't knew I had said.

Who are you? This is my head. Get out.

I'm your wolf. I've always been here. You just didn't know it because I haven't talked to you since the day you left it.

Wolf? What wolf? I've never had a wolf. It's always just been me up there. I said to myself trying to hold onto my sanity. It was one thing to talk to yourself, but it was another to hear voices.

Yes, you have. I've always been here in your time of need. I just haven't shown myself as much. But, you have to stay. I won't let you leave.

Really? How are you going to stop me? Like you said you haven't shown yourself, so I have had control over my body this entire time. I can keep it like that.

You don't know the power I have over you. If you leave, I will never let you turn into your wolf again.

That would be a small price compared to the torment if I stayed. I'm leaving and that is final.

Why? It could get so much better. You just have to give him a chance. He's your mate. He's the only one who can make you truly happy.

NO! I'm leaving. I haven't been happy in a long time. I few more years won't hurt. I said ending the conversation with my wolf.

I grabbed my bag that had stayed packed the entire time we were here. I never expected to stay long. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and jotted down what I was going to say to Max. Just saying goodbye to him would make me want to stay, so a note was my only option if I was going to leave. I finished the letter, and peered out my door.

Max and Ronnie were asleep on the couch. Ronnie had his arms around Max protectively, and Max was curled into him. I couldn't ask him to leave, not when he had this now.

I tip toed past the sleeping couple and placed the note on the coffee table in front of them. I looked over my sleeping cousin. He looked so . . . peaceful, so happy. Ronnie would protect him. I didn't need to worry. He would be safe. I took one last look before heading to the door.

"Where are you going?" I heard someone ask. I looked back and I saw Ronnie rubbing his eyes of sleep, obviously he just woke up.

"I'm leaving. Now, go back to sleep. You'll wake Max."

"When are you coming back?"

"I'm never coming back, Ronnie."

"What? You can't just leave. What about Max? What about Oli?" He asked startled.

"Shh. You'll wake him up. There's a reason I left a note." I said.

"You weren't even going to say goodbye to him. You know that would kill him."

"If I say goodbye he'll ask me to stay, and I would say yes. I need to leave. I just need to. Tell him I love him for me, and protect him. If you don't, I'll be back and I'll kick your ass." I threatened.

"I can't protect him from the pain you are about to cause him."

"Sure you can. He'll forget me in time."

"He'll never forget you. You're his best friend. You're his cousin. He can't live without you."

"And I can't live without him. He's my only family. He's the only one I trust, and the only one I truly care about. But, I can't just ask him to leave. He's become to attached to this place, to you. Besides would you just let him leave?" I asked.

"No, I wouldn't, but is Oli letting you go?"

"It's non of his concern if I stay or if I leave."

"He'll look for you you know, and he'll never stop."

"He will. Like I said everyone will forget me with time. Goodbye Ronnie." I said walking to the door and making a quick escape.

The world seemed the same as I walked down the many streets. It would stay that way if I was here or not. The world would keep turning. The breeze would keep blowing. The sun would still shine, and the clouds would still bring rain. It didn't matter if I was here or not. It just didn't.

Leaving was the best option for everyone. Max could never be truly happy knowing I was miserable. Now he has a chance. Ronnie, well, Ronnie would have more of Max now that I was gone. The pack only knew me for a day of two, so they wouldn't miss me at all. The school would go along fine without me. I don't know how I'm going to talk myself into the next one though. Max usually did that. And, Oli, well, Oli would be fine without me. He had Tulip, right? That was all he needed. He wouldn't miss me much. Maybe for a few days.

They'll all be fine without me. I tried to convince myself. I don't know what's worse though. That I tried to do it or that it worked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not that long, but it's something. Title credit to This is Halloween. I think. I don't know if those are actual lyrics or not.