What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

You Can't Bring Me Down

*****Linda's p.o.v.*****


"Oli, we have a problem!" Phillip was his name said running into the living room where him and I were seating.

"What?" He asked standing up.

"They're back."

"Where are they?" Oli growled.

"Southern most quadrent of sectar four."

"Let's go."

"Wait! They aren't here to fight. They want to talk to her." Phillip said pointing an accusing finger at me.

"What? Why would they want her?" Oliver asked.

"I don't know. I was too busy running here to get your ass while your pack is fighting them off to ask."

"We need to go now." Oliver said to me.

"What's going on?" I asked standing on my own feet.

"Your father decided to make a surprise visit." He growled. His eyes were already his wolf eyes. They were a blue color, like the color of ice.

"What?" I asked narrowing my eyes. I'm sure they weren't there normal color either.

"We need to leave now. My pack is out there, and we don't need any more deaths right now."

"Go on. I'll catch up. I need to get something first."

"Don't be long." He said.

"Wouldn't want to keep the old man waiting." I said before seeing the run out of the house and change into their wolves mid sprint.

I flew up stairs and into the room I was given. Ripping my bag open I searched everwhere for the only thing would help us right now.

"Come on. Come on. Where is it? Where is it?" I repeated over and over.

I dumped everything on the floor, and when I saw the glamour of the precious object, I grabbed it and flew down the hall. I pounded on the door infront of me, and when no one answered, I banged on it some more.

"What?" Ronnie said opening the door. He was shirtless and obviously just trying to screw my cousin. That alone revolted me, but I needed Max right now, and the pack needed their beta.

"We need to leave. My father made an appearance in the the southern part on sectar four. Max needs to come." I rambled quickly. He nodded quickly before saying something and went down the hall. I followed shortly after Max.

There was a clear mark on his neck, and I knew that Ronnie finally grew some balls and asked him.

"The quickest way to there is through thick forrest and is easier taken by foot. Can you handle it?" Ronnie asked at the tree line.

"Let's do this." I said holding tightly onto the object in my hand. It was the only object I bothered to take with me when we ran away. This is what they wanted no doubt. This is why they have been looking for us all this time.

We sprinted through the forrest, jumping over logs, and avoiding twigs that could easily cause you to trip. My heart was pounding. My hands were shaking, and it felt like I was going to throw up any second. This wasn't from me being unfit. I was in peak physical condition. No, this was a warrior's worst nightmare. Nerves. I was nervous.

The tree were starting to thin, and sunlight came through. It was a gorgeous sight. The way the light came through the leaves and seemed to go in the dark spaces. It made you almost have hope. That something this beautiful could never be tainted by hatred or evil, but it already was.

Growls split through the air as we came up to a clearing. Oli's pack was in thier wolf forms in front of some other wolves that I could smell belonged to the non other than the Vanished Valley's pack of Virginia. There were people missing though. My father and the alpha were missing.

One of the wolves was ready to lung, but I ran in front of it before it could.

"Linda! Come back! You can't fight them in your human form!" Max called from the sidelines. Him and Ronnie quickly changed there forms and were by my side in an instant so was Oli's wolf. They were all trying to protect me, but they couldn't protect me from this.

"Come out you bastard!" I screamed at the obis of wolves in front of me. "I know you're in there, so come out now or I won't have to hurt your little pups to get to you!" I contined.

A dark chuckle came from the edge of the forest, and the hair on the back of my neck stood up in anger.

"Big words for such a little girl." The voice said. It was cold and malecious. It was the voice of my ever haunting nightmares. He was my nightmare.

"I'm not a little girl anymore." I snarled through my gritted teeth.

"You will always be a little girl in my eyes, sweetheart." He used the nickname he would call me after a beating. I growled.

"What are you doning here? The alpha hates leaving his land without protection."

"He sent me on a little retreival expedition, and I heard you were here. So, I thought it would nice to see my daughter after five years." He said stepping in front of his wolves where he thought he belonged, in the lead.

"I'm not your daughter!" I screamed losing my temper. My body almost changed forms, but I sufficed my wolf's anger with turning into half form.

"Of course you are. I was there when you were born. I raised you. I taught you everything you know."

"Enough! You will not get what you are looking for, so just cut the chit chat!"

"You know what we are seeking?" He asked skeptically.

"I'm assuming it's this." I said dropping the chain of the medalion in my hand. It swayed in the day's breeze. The sun gleaming of off it in a way that made it look like a expensive peice of jewlry, but it was, oh, so much more than that.

"You were looking for the Medalion of the Lost Land, were you not?" I asked.

"You've had it all this time." He whispered.

"You didn't think a little girl could steal it did you? Oh well, your mistake." I shrugged.

"Return it now, and come with us." He said.

"Not on your life. You know what I always thought was funny? You thought you could keep it from me. You thought that I would never read any of the books that layed on your desk just begging to be read. I know all about the prophacy you so dearly want to make sure never comes true."

"You know nothing. Return with us now, and we won't kill your little friends here."

"Oh, I'm not worried about them. So, let's get this over with." I said.

"Yes, let's." He clenched his fists and got into a fighting stance.

I clasped the medalion around my neck and got into a similar stance. His eyes narrowed into slits, glaring at the sun shaped necklace wrapped around my slim neck. Oliver growled and his eyes snapped back to the present.

"Don't interfere, any of you." The man in front of me and I said at the same time. This was a fight that was long awaited, and it would only be between us.

I was the first to make a move, kicking high in the air. He ducked below and grabbed my ankle pulling me onto the ground. Dust flew as I hit the ground, but I quickly recovered and swept my leg under his feet. He hit the ground quickly, but we both stood in less than a second. Punching, he hit my jaw and got a double tap onto my left rib side. I spat blood onto the ground in his general direction.

"You still are no match for me." He said with a dark looking grin on his face.

I silenced him by cutting his face with my claws. I punched him in the gut. Once he was keeled over, I kneed him in the face making him fly back.

"You were saying?" I asked.

He stood back up but he was off balance, so I was able to kick him in the left side of his rib cage. He stumbled but regained his balance. He pulled something shiny out of his boot. I couldn't see what it was. He lunged for me, and while I tried bloak him, I fell to the ground.

He aimed a kick to my face but I grabbed his ankle and twisted it around. I heard a satisfying crack and jumped back up. His hand swiped near my side, but he didn't try to punch me. A stinging sensation overcame me, and I hissed. Grabbing my side, I felt blood seeping through my fingers.

"A knife? You are that desperate?" I asked through gritted teeth and punching him in the eye socket.

He swiped my other side, and I grabbed it quickly. It was right under my second rib. My breathing was starting to become ragged, and the pain was not that a normal fight usually caused me. He kept trying to cut me with the knife. Bloaking became useless after a while. I was now losing this fight quickly, bery quickly.

Another cut right across my stomach made me fall to my knees. My head was in my hands. I couldn't win this. He was still too strong. I couldn't win. I would never be able to win.

"You will always be weak, pathetic, and useless. We should have gotten rid of you along time ago. The prophocy called for someone strong. You will never be that." He spat.

"No." I said trying to stand back up. I fell back on my hands. Fighting would be useless now. I couldn't win this. I didn't have enough strength. "No." I repeated.

GET THE FUCK UP! We didn't come this far to have to falling on the ground! Get up and FIGHT! My wolf screamed in my head.

We don't have enough strength. Even in our wolf form we can't defeat him.

So, you're just going to let him WIN? This is not the girl that I am connected to! You are strong! You are the only one who could ever defeat him! You are the prophet, so start fucking acting like it!

That's a myth. I was only trying to scare him

Well, I'm not. You are the girl the wrote about. You have all the power! Start using it!

It's too late. We can't win

Look up! Look at everyone that is here relying on you! They need you! So, get back up and fight!

I lifted my head. They were all ready to fight. Every single wolf in the Dusk Shadow's pack was there and ready. They all were here. I looked at Max. His eyes were screaming with concern. Oli's were filled with fear. They all cared. She was right they needed me, and I wasn't going to let them down now.

I struggled to get back to my feet.

"Oh, stay down. You know you can't win this. You are still the little girl who ran away five years ago. You are the same pathetic little girl." He spat. I growled.

"Say that again, you son of a bitch." I said standing to my feet. I gripped my sides in pure pain.

"You are a pathetic little girl. No wonder your witch of a mother never wanted you."

Something came over me then. Something I never felt before. It was much stronger than anger, and it was much, much stronger than hatred, and it was all direct towards the man in front of me. My form started to feel like it was changing. I felt stronger. The pain dissappaered. I could stand up straight again.

"This isn't possible." He gasped. I looked down at my figure. The cuts were gone. You never would have known I had them. My clothes were different too. They were pitch black, and i was wearing like a cloak or something medeival. My skin was paler, and out of the corner of my eye my natural black hair was white and went down to the ground. I smiled.

"Never thought that you would see it in person did you?" I said with a darker huskier voice this thing that was happening to me was taking over. I wasn't controlling my body anymore. Something less was.

I started to walk forward with my hand stretched out. Light seemed to come out of finger tips.

"No, don't. We'll leave. We won't come back." He said trying to back away quick enough.

"Too late." I said demonically.

I slashed my hand down to the ground, and he flew back. I didn't understand what was happening. I lifted my other hand and did the same. He hit a tree that was too the the side of the clearing. He was dead pinned now. I walked up to him.

"No, please." He whimpered. Anger flared in my heart. Did he ever show me mercy? No!

I reached forward to where his heart would be and it seemed like I reached through him. I grabbed something and was beginning to pry it from his very bones when a wolf came out and pounced on me. I threw it off. The wolves started to attack.

All seemed to come at me at once. I just lifted my arms and they all flew back. Oli's pack was fighting quickly and efficantly. They were a good team, and the other pack just left everyone one to fend for themselves.

It was all a blur after that. The wolves were each fighting the others. They weren't showning any mercy. Any that came near me would be thrown back quickly. It all happened so quick. I lokoed back, and it seemed like it was over. The wolves were either dead or injuried, so no one could fight any more.

I looked back to the grovelling man at my feet, but he was gone. That pathetic coward. I didn't understand what was happening to me. I didn't think this way. I couldn't do these things.

"Linda!" I heard someone call, but I didn't turn around because that wasn't my name right now.

The feeling of the overwhelming power seemed to subside, and I felt like I was falling. I saw my black hair in the air. I saw my ripped clothes covered in my own blood. I saw my arms fly up as my body impacted with the ground, and it wasn't pale anymore. But then, I saw nothing, only black.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I apologizew if you find any spelling errors. Spell check won't work right now, and the program I have on my computer doesn't have spell check. Yay for free crap! So longish, and has a major cliff hanger. You get to learn more about Linda's and Max's past very soon.
Team Tyler.