Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 13

“You take the popcorn and I’ll bring the hot chocolate.” He told her. Just then Tomo yelled from the lounge.

“What’s taking so long?”

“Yeah, no kissing unless we get some too.” Shannon said.

“Poor Shannon, are you feeling neglected?” Alena asked as she walked into the lounge area.

“Yes, very. Do you want to come over here and give me some attention?” He asked her provocatively.

“Oh no, you don’t bro.” Jared warned. “She’s mine, get your own girl.”

At Jared’s remark Alena turned beetroot red, which caused the three men to laugh at her.

“Don’t I get a say in this matter?” Alena asked pretending to get angry.

“No!” Both brothers cried out simultaneously.

Tomo laughed. “Aren’t you sorry you met them?” He asked Alena.

“Ouch!!” He cried out as two pillows hit him. “What was that for?”

“For crimes against the Brotherhood of Leto” Jared said.

“Poor Tomo, how do you live with such bullies?” Alena joked going over to him and giving him a hug. “That’s ok Tomo, I still love you.”

Tomo smirked outrageously. “It never fails to work.” Tomo said giving an evil laugh.

Alena shoved him away from her. “Never mind, I’ve changed my mind, I don’t love you anymore!”

The brothers laughed.

“Curses foiled again, me and my big mouth.” Tomo cried out dramatically.

“You’re all just overgrown children!” Alena said in disbelieve.

The three men looked at each other and then pounced on her. She hadn’t expected that and didn’t have time to react. Shannon held her legs, while Tomo pinned her arms. Jared then proceeded to tickle her.

“No! Please stop!” She cried out trying to get free. “I take it back; you’re all lovable and wonderfully grown up men.”

By this time tears of laughter were rolling down her cheeks, they finally let go of her. They all had smug expressions on their faces.

“That will teach you to mock the mars brethren.” Shannon said.

Alena was still lying on the floor, trying to catch her breath. She was deliriously happy; in fact she couldn’t remember ever being this happy.

“Here, let me help you up.” Jared said reaching down and pulling her up.

She noticed that Tomo and Shannon were sitting in the only single couches, leaving her to sit next to Jared. She didn’t mind at all, she loved being so close to him.

This is working out better than I expected. Shannon thought to himself. The more he got to know Alena, the more he felt sure that she was perfect for Jared.

Once she’d gotten over her initial shyness, he found that she had a quick mind and a good sense of humor. She also had a childlike enthusiasm that he found refreshing. She was fitting in perfectly with their little family. That was the most important thing; they didn’t need someone like his brothers previous girl. She’d almost caused them to split up; she’d been unable to relate to him or Tomo. They hadn’t been able to joke with her the way they did with Alena. Alena was able to bring out the lighter more playful side of Jared.

Damn, aren’t I just the greatest brother in the world? He thought smugly to himself. Just call me Mr. Fantastic.

Suddenly he felt popcorn striking his face.

“Who did that?” He asked indignantly.

“If you’d been paying attention you’d know.” Alena said giggling. “Where were you just now? She asked.

“Well on mars of course.” He said grinning mischievously.

“So what are we watching?” She asked.

“We are watching Saw 4.” He said.

Alena gave him a horrified look.

“What’s the matter, it’s a great movie?”

“I don’t like horror movies, I scare easily.” She replied in a small voice.

“Don’t worry about it, I’m sure Jared won’t mind holding your hand through the scary parts, besides ‘we strong men, us protect little Alena.’” He said in a cave man voice.

Alena burst into laughter. “I’ll chance it, but don’t blame me when I scream like the girl I am!” She warned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I thought I'd spoil you and give you another update for the day - 3 updates aren't you lucky!