Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 16

What the hell did you do to her?” He asked Jared.

“I swear I didn’t do anything” Shannon could see that he was just as worried and upset by what had happened.

“Tomo, do you have any idea what’s wrong with her?”

“No, but I think something bad happened to her at some stage in her life.”

“Jared you go and get a pillow and a blanket.” He ordered.

After a minute or so she started to wake up.

She looked around in panic. “Where is he? Please don’t let him hurt me again.” She pleaded.

“Calm down angel, it’s only us here, we won’t hurt you. You know that don’t you.”

“But Gregory …”

“He was never here angel; it’s only me, Tomo and Jared.”

“Jared … he’s angry with me.”

“No angel, he was just worried about you, he’d never hurt you. You’re safe here.” He reassured her.

“He was going to kill me this time.” She said crying again.

“Who?” He asked, he could tell that she still wasn’t herself and that she was reliving some event from her past.

“Gregory, the last time he kept on hitting me and hitting me and when I fell down he kicked me, I thought he’d come back to finish what he started last time.” She was still crying.

Shannon kept a tight reign on his temper and tried to keep his voice calm. He hoped he never ran into this guy, because he’d probably kill him on sight. Alena was a sweet girl she didn’t deserve this.

He held her, rocking her gently until she’d cried herself to sleep.

Jared felt horrible. He’d never seen anybody display so much fear. He hated the fact that he’d brought back those memories. He’d guessed that there had been more to her break up than she was letting on, but he’d never thought that it was something this horrible.

He felt so guilty, all he wanted to do was hold her, but he let Shannon comfort her, afraid that he’d only upset her more.

“It’ll be fine Jared; she was reliving a past experience. I’m sure that she won’t hold it against you.

“I hope you’re right. I really like her.” He answered despondently.

“I’m going to put her in my bed, she can sleep there.”

Alena woke up in a strange bed and a strange room. She felt panicky, but then she noticed Jared asleep in a chair, next to the bed. It was dark, with only a small lamp giving light.

She lay still for a while remembering what had happened. Jared probably thinks I’m crazy. He won’t want anything to do with me now.

She sat up and saw Jared open his beautiful eyes. He just looked at her for a moment.

“Are you feeling better?” He asked gently.

“Yes, thank you.” She replied.

“I’m sorry.” They both said at the same time. They stopped and looked at each other.

“I’m sorry Alena; I really didn’t mean to scare you.” Jared said in a tortured voice. “I didn’t know that you’d react like that, I was so worried about you I didn’t think.”

“You have nothing to be sorry about. I’m the one who over reacted.” She said looking down at her hands.

“Alena, you know I’d never hurt you, don’t you.” He asked, almost pleaded.

She looked at him with wide eyes. “Why would I think that you’d hurt me?”

“You thought so earlier.” He said. “I saw the fear in your eyes; you wouldn’t even let me get near you.”

“I’m sorry, but I wasn’t afraid of you. I didn’t see you, I saw Gregory. He was so angry that day.”

“Please tell me what happened.”

She was quiet, finally she started talking.

“I told you he was controlling. That day I’d put on a dress one of my male friends had bought me for my birthday. He went into a rage, tearing off the dress, yelling that I was cheating on him. Then he started beating me. I couldn’t get away. He just kept on and on. I thought I was going to die.” She stopped because she couldn’t speak anymore. Her throat had closed up on her.

“It’s all right, if you don’t want to you don’t have to tell me.”

“No, I want you to understand. One of my neighbors’ heard the fighting and stopped him. I was in hospital for five months and when I got out I refused to go anywhere without one of my friends. This all happened a year ago. I thought I’d healed, but now I know that I’m still a bit broken.”

“Thank you for telling me.” He got up and walked to her, taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

“I know it had to be hard for you.”

“I’m still so sorry for bringing back all those bad memories.”

She could see that he was feeling very bad. She reached out and touched his hand.

“Don’t feel bad Jared. Before I met you I thought I’d never be happy again. These last two days have been the happiest I can remember. It wasn’t your fault.”

“I’ll never yell at you again, I promise.” He said fervently.

She gave him a smile and he reached out and gave her a hug, holding her as if there was no tomorrow. She laid her head against him, feeling warm and protected.

He put his hand below her chin and tilted her head up. Before she knew what was happening she felt his lips on hers, kissing her gently. At first she was too shocked to react, but then she kissed him back.

He pulled away giving her one of his amazing smiles.

“Does this mean I’m forgiven?”

“There was never anything to forgive.”

He hugged her to him, then lay her back down and got into the bed next to her. He looked deep into her eyes.

“I promise to make only happy memories for you from this day forth.”

His lips came down on hers again and he kissed her deeply. She felt her heart beating faster. He flicked his tongue around her bottom lip and she opened her mouth, letting him explore her mouth. He finally pulled away.

“I’ve wanted to do that for the longest time.” He said smiling.

“Me too.” She breathed feeling warm inside. He laughed.

“Go to sleep.”

“Will you stay with me?”

“I wasn’t planning on going anywhere.”

She smiled, closed her eyes and fell asleep safe in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi update 2/3 last one to follow shortly. Guys please feel free to comment, complain and make suggestions.