Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 17

Jared lay awake long after Alena had fallen asleep.

He felt relieved that she didn’t hold a grudge against him. He’d felt honored that she’d trusted him enough to share what had happened to her. It made him sick and angry that she had to experience something as dreadful as that.

She moved in her sleep, snuggling against him. He felt her breath against his neck, giving him goose bumps. He pulled her to him and sighed. She felt heavenly in his arms, she fit perfectly. He smirked to himself, maybe lying down next to her hadn’t been such a good idea, talk about self torture, he really wanted her badly. That thought scared him though. The feelings he had towards here were stronger than they should be. They barely knew each other and that alone terrified him.

The urge to comfort her earlier had just been too much for him, resulting in him kissing her. He’d half expected her to push him away and had been surprised when she kissed back. He’d been even more surprised when she didn’t object when he lay down next to her.

The second kiss had been even better than the first one, but he didn’t want to push her too soon so he settled on holding her. He’d been happy when she asked him to stay with her.

He finally closed his eyes and fell asleep still holding her close.

He woke up a few hours later, it was still dark outside. He looked down at Alena she lay with her head on his chest and one arm draped over his stomach. She looked like an angel, how the hell could anyone want to hurt her, he thought to himself. He instinctively hugged her to him loving the feel of her body against him. He groaned inwardly. Torture much? He thought.

She opened her eyes and smiled up at him, her eyes still sleepy.

“Good morning beautiful.” He said giving her a wicked smile.

She blushed and hid her face in his chest. He loved the fact that he could make her blush. He reached out to her chin and tilted her head up so that she was looking at him.

“What, don’t I get a good morning kiss?” He teased her.

She blushed even more, seemed to hesitate and then kissed him hesitantly. He hadn’t expected her to actually kiss him, but he took full advantage. He deepened the kiss, sliding his tongue into her mouth and exploring it fully. He pulled away reluctantly.

“Good morning.” She said shyly.

“I really think we should get up.” He said in a strained voice, although that wasn’t what he really wanted.

“But I’m very comfortable.” She said pouting up at him.

He groaned inwardly. If she only knew how much strain she was putting on him. He wanted to make love to her there and then, but he knew he couldn’t move that fast – it might just ruin everything.

“Do you really want Shannon or Tomo to find us like this?” He asked her knowing that she wouldn’t.

Her eyes went wide and she blushed again.

“No!” She called out straining to get up.

He laughed at her sudden eagerness to get up.

“Please Jared; I don’t want them to think I’m that kind of girl.” She pleaded when he didn’t let her go immediately.

When Alena opened her eyes she saw that Jared was looking at her with his amazingly beautiful eyes. She smiled at him. She still couldn’t believe that she was here with him. After everything, he still seemed interested in her.

“Good morning Beautiful.” He said his words caused her to blush so she hid her face in his chest. Not that that helped the situation much as it only caused her to feel his chest against her face and to smell his wonderful scent.

She felt his hand under her chin, tilting it upwards so she was looking up at him.

“What, don’t I get a good morning kiss?” He asked teasingly.

She felt her blush deepening to a fiery red. She hesitated not sure whether he was serious or not then slowly she kissed him hesitantly at first, but he soon deepened the kiss causing all kinds of sensations within her and causing her heart to accelerate like a bullet train.
He finally drew back.

“Good morning.” She said shyly.

“I think we should get up.” He said, his voice sounding strange.

Alena didn’t want to get up at all; she felt safe and totally comfortable where she was.

She pouted and said “But I’m very comfortable.”

His next words shook her.

“Do you really want Shannon or Tomo to find us like this?”

She realized what it would look like to either of them. They were like brothers to her and she valued their friendship too much, if they came in now she’d look like a cheap slut.

“No!” she cried out trying to get up, but Jared still held her.

He was actually laughing softly finding the whole situation amusing. His eyes were sparkling with mischief.

“Please Jared; I don’t want them to think I’m that kind of girl.” She told him pleadingly; desperate to get up before either Tomo or Shannon could see them.

He pulled her head down again and gave her a quick, light kiss.

“You’re absolutely adorable, do you know that.” He said smiling gently up at her.

He let her go then and she quickly got up out of the bed. Jared followed her still smiling. He took her hand and led her to the kitchen area.

“Would you like some coffee?” He asked her.

“I’d love some, thank you.” She said relieved that he was acting sensibly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so here is update 3/3. Wish me luck with my writing. I really hope you enjoy this story. This is the first one that I ever wrote so I'm really hoping you are enjoying it. Have a great weekend everyone.