Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 18

Shannon had watched Jared carry Alena into his room and lay her down gently in his bed. He hoped that Alena and Jared would be able to get past her problems. She was a gentle girl and he knew they would make a good couple. He checked on them before he went to bed. Alena was still asleep and Jared had fallen asleep in the chair next to the bed.

He knew it would be useless to try and get him to sleep on the couch where he would be more comfortable. His brother could be very stubborn and he knew he wouldn't budge until he’d had a chance to talk to her.

He smirked to himself; Jared had really fallen hard for Alena. Usually he was very reserved and kept his emotions on a tight reign, but Alena had managed to get past all the internal walls he’d built to keep himself from getting hurt.

He went off to bed and quickly fell asleep. When he woke up he heard voices from the kitchen area. He got up and only stopped to throw on a t-shirt before he went into the kitchen.

Alena and Jared were sitting there talking over a cup of coffee.

“Good morning Angel.” He greeted Alena giving her a sideways hug.

She smiled at him “Morning Shan.”

“Feeling better?” He asked her.

She looked a little uneasy “Yes thank you.” She replied.

He walked over to the coffee maker and poured himself a cup of coffee.

“Jared, where’s the bathroom?” She asked

“Use the one in my room.” Jared replied.

Shannon waited until she’d disappeared into the room before talking to his brother.

“Going by the silly grin on your face, I’d say that everything’s good between you two.” He said with a very smug smile.

Jared just flushed but grinned wide. “Yes. She told me a bit more about what happened that day.” Jared frowned. “She was very messed up after what happened.”

Shannon also frowned. “I just don’t know how anybody could want to hurt her like that.” He said in disbelief and anger.

“Me either.” Jared growled. “That guy was a total ass.”

Shannon grinned wickedly. “I’m sure you were able to kiss away all the hurt.”

Jared actually blushed and Shannon laughed wickedly.

“So there was definitely some kissing involved in the whole process.”

“Shut up Shannon!”

This made him laugh even more. He just loved goading Jared. He was usually so self assured, he loved to tease him and make him squirm.

Alena came back and he decided to drop it … for now anyway. He wasn't so sure about later though.

When Alena came back into the kitchen she saw that Shannon’s eyes were sparkling wickedly and that Jared looked slightly uncomfortable. When they saw her they both gave her big smiles.

“I need to go home soon, would you mind walking with me Jared?” She asked.

“Of course, I just need to take a quick shower, and then I’ll walk you home.”

He left the kitchen and went into his room, closing the door behind him.
Alena felt a little uncomfortable at first.

“Shannon, thank you for everything you did yesterday, I didn't mean to freak out like that.” She said softly.

Shannon walked over to her and enveloped her in a big hug.

“You don’t need to thank me. You’re like a little sister to me and that’s what big brothers do.”

Alena smiled. “I always wanted a big brother.” She said giggling. “I think you’d be a great one.”

“Of course, I’m Shannon Leto, what else do you expect from someone as perfect as me?”

Alena laughed at his arrogance.

“Oh great, you had to go and tell him that!” She heard Tomo say from behind her. “We have enough trouble keeping his head from swelling, besides you might regret those words later.”

“Why would I regret them, Shannon is great.”

“Please stop, he already thinks he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. Ask Jared if you don’t believe me. Shannon usually likes to prank and tease everybody, once you’re part of his family the brunt of that will fall on you.”

Shannon just smirked loftily. “He’s just jealous Angel, don’t listen to a word he says.”

“Anything you say, big brother.” Alena said giggling.

“Oh no you’re already brainwashed, but wait it’s not too late Super Tomo will save you!” He cried out dramatically striking an outrageous superhero pose.

Alena burst into laughter; he looked so ridiculous in his boxer, band shirt and tousled hair.

“Don’t worry Tomo, I still love you.”

Tomo grinned, “See, my super power is already clearing the cobwebs from your brain.” He said winking at her.

“Oh no you don’t my natural charm will overcome your superpower any day.”

“What natural charm? Your about as charming as a skunk.” He mocked Shannon.

Shannon launched himself at Tomo, they both ended up on the floor, rolling around like young boys.

They kept on insulting each other as first one then the other gained the upper hand.

Alena felt two arms enfold her from behind. She’d been so intent on the two struggling men that she hadn't noticed Jared coming up behind her. His hair was still wet and he smelled heavenly.

He kissed her in her neck causing her knees to go all weak and goose bumps to break out all over her body.

“I see the children managed to keep you entertained.” He said still holding her.

“Hey, who are you calling children?” Both of them called out indignantly.

“Says the two grown men rolling around on the floor like two little boys.” Jared said sarcastically.

“If you’re ready, I’ll take you home now.”

Alena said her goodbyes, giving both of the men a hug. They left the hotel and started walking towards her apartment.

As they walked Jared took her hand in his, Alena felt as if a hoard of butterflies had made a nest in her stomach. They didn't talk, but it was a comfortable silence.

When they reached her apartment she opened the door and turned to Jared. She really didn't want him to go yet.

“Would you like to come in for some coffee?” She asked him.

Jared gave her a big smile, “I’d love to.”

She led him to her small kitchen and started making coffee.

“You haven’t had breakfast yet; if you want I can fix you something.” She offered.

“I tell you what, you go take a shower and I’ll make us something to eat.” He said.

“You don’t have to, I’ll do it.”

He laughed, pulling her closer to him. “I really want to make you something.” He kissed her, making her head spin. He turned her around and pushed her in the direction of her room.

“Go on. I’ll be here when you’re finished.” He promised.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi there, here is new update for you. Thank you for reading, please feel free to let me know what you think.