Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 23

She opened the store and decided to rotate some of the stock. She took some boxes from one of the storage areas and started the tedious process of putting away some of the books from the shelves and replacing them with new ones.

It kept her busy for most of the morning. Quite a few people came in and browsed through the books and she even managed to sell one or two.
Tina walked into the shop just after one o’clock with two cups of coffee and some chocolate chip muffins.

“Hello! So did you sleep well?” she asked innocently.

Alena just smiled. “Very well thank you.”

“Come on, I’m dying to know what happened. Don’t be so mean, tell me!” She burst out unable to keep her curiosity at bay any longer.

Alena smiled wide. “Let’s just say that it was way beyond anything I've ever experienced before.”

Tina did a little victory dance, causing the only customer in the shop to look at her oddly and then leave.

“I’m so jealous of you at this moment!” She said then smiled broadly. “I’m so very happy for you! After the fiasco with Gregory I didn't think you’d ever let anyone into your life again.”

“He didn't actually give me the option he just stepped into my life and completely knocked me off my feet. I didn't even have time to think.” Alena said.

“Score one for Mr. Leto!” She cheered. “ I've always said too much thinking is bad for you anyway.” She looked at her watch. “I’d better get back to work.”

She gave her a hug and left.

The rest of the afternoon went by on leaden feet. By closing time she still hadn't heard from Jared. She closed the shop and walked out of the front door.

She was lost in thought as she walked home. She wondered why Jared hadn't phoned her yet. What if she didn't hear from him again? She hated that thought. She was in a world of her own and didn't notice that someone was following her, taking great effort not to be seen.

She reached her apartment building and walked up the stairs, she’d been looking down at her feet as she climbed the stairs as she had this fear of falling, when she looked up all three members of 30 Seconds to Mars were waiting for her. She gave them all a brilliant smile.

“Hello, what are you doing here?”

“We were assured that this was the best place to come for coffee.” Tomo said. “Besides, Jared here couldn't wait to come back here.”

“Yeah, he’s been watching the time, counting the minutes until he could get back here.”

“Shut up you two!” Jared said but he was smiling. “You’re just jealous because I have the most beautiful girl as my girlfriend and you two are all alone.”

He walked to Alena and gave her a hug and then kissed her.

“Get a room you two!” Shannon said.

“My eyes, please help, it hurts my eyes!” Tomo cried out covering his eyes.

Alena laughed. “Let’s go inside, before the children start crying.”

Jared burst into laughter, put his arm around her waist and led her into the apartment.

***********************************************
Outside Alena’s stalker stood staring daggers at the closed door.

How could she! That slut, how could she do that! Just wait you little bitch, you’ll get what’s coming too you.

He thought venomously. He turned around and walked away.
********************************************************************************
Jared held kept his arm around her as they entered the apartment.

“How did your meeting go?” she asked.

“It went well, everything is sorted out now. They've also booked us for a benefit gig to promote green awareness.”

“That’s great, are there going to be other bands as well?”

“Yes, there will be quite a few well known bands as well as some new up and coming ones.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I’m starving.” Tomo said.

“Let’s get pizza, lots and lots of them!” Alena cried out.

They ordered pizza and sat chatting while they waited.

When the pizzas came Alena ate with gusto.

“Where do you put all of it?” Tomo asked, surprised at the amount of food she was putting away.

“I love pizza, besides I haven’t had much to eat today.” She said defensively.

They switched on the television and watched some random movie.

Jared
He felt Alena’s head fall against his shoulder and looked down. She’d fallen asleep. He smiled down at her, trying not to move.

“We’re going.” Shannon said. “I’m pretty sure you’ll be staying here, so we’ll see you tomorrow.”

Shannon threw a pillow at Tomo who had fallen asleep as well.

“Who, what …?” He said in confusion.

“It’s time to go.” Shannon said.

After they left Jared lay Alena down gently and made sure that the door was locked. He carried her to the bed and lay her down. He undressed himself and then Alena; she was completely out and didn't wake up. He flipped the covers over them and pulled her tight against him falling asleep almost instantly.

He woke up with the feeling that he was being watched. He opened his eyes only slightly, pretending to be asleep still. He saw Alena looking at him with such tenderness that it took his breath away. She leaned down and gave him a feather kiss, but still he lay motionless wanting to see what she would do next.

She snuggled against him laying her head on his chest, and he couldn't take it any longer he reached down and lifted her face up to his kissing her, she responded passionately. When they finally pulled away from each other she sighed regretfully.

“I hate to do this, but I really need to get to the shop.”

He sensed that she really didn't want to go anywhere.

“Can you take some time off for a week or two?” He asked frowning. “I want you to come with us to the benefit and after that I would love to take you to my home.”

She gave him one of those heart stopping smiles that lit up her whole face.

“Really, you want me to come with you?”

He couldn't help but laugh at her excitement.

“I can’t think of anything I’d like more.”

“I guess I can ask my friend Pete to cover for me, he’s done it before.” She said. “The fact that he’s a freelance writer helps, because he can work from anywhere.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone - sorry for the delay in updating. Life is a bit hectic at the moment. Hope you enjoy.