Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 24

She’d never expected Jared to ask her to go along with him. She called Pete immediately.

“Hello, Pete.”

“How are you doing doll face?”

She laughed. “I’m doing great, but I need a favor.

“I’ll do anything for my favorite girl.” He said.

“Could you watch the shop for me for a week or two? I need a break.”

“Of course darling, it would actually make a nice change from my flat.”

“Thanks, Pete.”

“When do you want me to start?”

“Would you meet me at the shop in half an hour?”

Pete laughed. “You don’t play around, have the coffee ready.”

They finished their coffee and walked to the shop hand in hand.

“Hi there doll face!” Pete said as he breezed into the shop. He immediately picked her up swung her around and gave her a big hug.

“Do you have to do that every time you see me?” Alena asked.

“Of course, you look so cute.” He said.

Alena just laughed at him. He had been one of the friends who had helped her through some of her worst moments. He’d always been able to lift her depressions.

“So, you want to go on a little holiday? What could possibly be so important that you’d leave all this?“ He asked with raised eyebrows.

“Can’t a girl just go away for a while?”

He gave her a skeptical look. “I know you Alena. You’ve been hiding away in this shop for the past year. It would take something major for you to decide to leave your hiding place.”

Alena gave him a lopsided smile. Jared had been sitting in one of the high back chairs hiding just in case someone came into the shop. Pete hadn’t seen him yet.

“I’ve met someone and he’s asked me to go away with him for a while.” She said beaming up at him.

“That’s wonderful!! Can I at least meet this super man who was able to bring back the beautiful smile I’ve been missing so much?” He asked wickedly, making her blush.

Jared laughed, as he came up behind Pete.

“Hello.” He said as Pete turned to him.

Alena walked to Jared. “Pete, I’d like you to meet Jared. Jared, this is my friend, Pete.” She introduced them.

Pete’s eyes grew wide. “Hello.”

“Thank you for helping Alena out.” Jared said; giving one of his most charming smiles.

“That’s no problem. I’ve been trying to get her to go away for a long time now.” He paused; looking a little uncomfortable. “Just to make this clear, you are Jared Leto right?”

Alena and Jared laughed.

“Yes, he is.” She said.

“I knew I always told you that there was someone better for you, but you really outdid yourself.” Pete said. Alena blushed scarlet, while Jared just laughed.

“I’m the lucky one.” He said as he looked down at Alena.

“Well, what are you waiting for, give me the keys and get out of here. And don’t hurry back I’ll keep the fort.”

Alena hugged him and thanked him again.

“Be happy doll face, you deserve this.”

Jared
He watched the little scene between Alena and Pete. He could tell that they were very close, and found himself wondering just how close they really were.

Alena slipped her hand into his and they walked back to her apartment.
“You two seem pretty close.” He said.

“He was there for me through all the bad times. He kept me sane.” She replied.

“Were you ever more than just friends?” He asked trying not to sound like a jealous jerk.

Alena gave him a startled look and then started to giggle.

“No never although I know for a fact that he thinks you’re the sexiest man on earth.” She said giving him a sly grin.

He found himself blushing which made her giggle even more.

“I think I have to agree with him on that.” She said, giving him a heart stopping smile.

“What do we do now?” She asked.

“We need to get you packed; we’re flying to the venue for the benefit. We need to meet the organizers as well as the other bands involved.”

“When do we leave?” She asked him.

“We need to check in at five this afternoon.” He saw her eyes widen and he laughed. “Am I moving too fast for you?” He teased her.

“No, I just have one problem.”

“What?” He asked puzzled, as they entered her apartment.

She turned to him and said. “Darling, I simply haven’t got a thing to wear.”

He laughed at her. He picked her up and started to carry her to her room
.
“I don’t have a problem with that. I’ll just keep you licked in my room and only let you out to have my wicked way with you.” He said giving her an exaggerated leer.

She burst into laughter. “You’re wicked.”

“Ah, but you love every moment of my wickedness.” He replied with a self satisfied smirk while he laid her down on the bed.

He started to kiss her. “I thought you said I had to pack?” She asked, her voice catching just a little bit as he moved his hands under her shirt, raising goose bumps all over her body.

He smirked. He loved they way she reacted to him.

“We have an hour ...“

He kissed her in the neck.

“.. Or two…”

She grabbed his face in her hands and gave him a passionate kiss.

“… or three…” he said his voice going husky.

A few hours later they had managed to get Alena packed. There was a lot of giggling, laughing and kissing involved, but finally everything was ready.

“Leave your bags here; we’ll pick it up when we leave for the airport.” He told her. He took her hand and led her out of the apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi hope you like this one.